• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Stay safe!!

Comment

My game of Kerbal Space Program froze, so I had to force quit it, right when I was in the middle of flying a promising new high-aititude airplane design to the game world's south pole. :/

Comment

Printers are the worst. I hate my printer and really don't want it anymore, but I still need it and since my BF moved away, it's the only one I have. I didn't want to get rid of it until we lived together again because his is a laser printer that will probably last forever and is amazing, and there's really no point in having 2 printers once we're under the same roof again.

WELL, my crappy printer seems to have died. So I guess I will be buying another crappy printer to use for the next 2 years. Maybe it's not even worth it. Maybe I should just go to a print shop and insist on sending documents through email whenever possible (note: Germany is slow to catch onto this...people here still send faxes.)

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          Printers are the worst.
          YAS.

Just when you need them...

Comment

I just want to whine for the sake of whining.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

New government research shows that female military veterans commit suicide at nearly six times the rate of other women, a startling finding that experts say poses disturbing questions about the backgrounds and experiences of women who serve in the armed forces.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Dang-blasted ticks! I have seen more in the last few weeks than I have ever seen before in my whole entire life combined.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Dang-blasted ticks! I have seen more in the last few weeks than I have ever seen before in my whole entire life combined.

I've heard the answer to that is more chickens...
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    I've heard the answer to that is more chickens...
                    How many more?

(Currently, we only have 5 geese)
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

How many more?

Geese Eggs make an excellent painting canvas. My mother used to paint our chicken and geese eggs with beautiful landscapes and hang them from a tree branch she had found.

�Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        Geese Eggs make an excellent painting canvas. My mother used to paint our chicken and geese eggs with beautiful landscapes and hang them from a tree branch she had found.

I've never heard of that! I know you can make paint from the yolks -egg tempera, as used by Renaissance artists...

Comment

On the ticks,blame that on the climate shifting. One year in California it was frogs,everywhere frogs. It happens between droughts,the sudden return of rain sets the breeding to max for some reason.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

How many more?

A friend of mine had a huge tick problem last year, and got 5 chickens (maybe half and acre)...this year, almost no ticks...but the neighbors still have them. But she had to have the dog out to keep the chickens out because of the osprey.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've never heard of that! I know you can make paint from the yolks -egg tempera, as used by Renaissance artists...
                              Mhmm. I don't recall the type of paint she used. She'd hollow the eggs out first (just in case anyone visualized whole eggs hanging from a branch) and then paint sunsets, or mountain scapes on them. She might still have one that survived the move from Germany to the States. If she does, I'll take a picture of it.

Sneak Attack

Comment

We've had unusually wet & cool weather (actually, it's more like "normally" wet & cool weather, but we've had about 7-8 years of unseasonable hot & dry), and the mower is busted, so the grass is running at waist deep.

I'm more than willing to get a flock of chickens up and running, if it will help. I like chickens anyway (perfect excuse to get those phoenix' I've been eyeballing, anyway ).

Comment

Working...
                                X