• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Co-workers will be the death of me.

Comment

Ugh this drilling is driving me crazy! Some of us work from home....

I wouldn't really mind if it were like a day or two, but the construction on my building has been going on over a year...

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        Jembru, he has a gift. Studying might not make it better, not if he doesn't want to (that's from personal experience). I'm sure it's not out of disrespect for your hard work
        I never thought of it that way. But yeah, maybe actual study wouldn't add anything to his abiliity. He's agreed to start using more Japanese around the house though. When we first met, it was 50/50 English and Japanese, but now other than a few catchphrases (often meaningless lovers-babble), or times when we want to gossip about the nosey neighbours when we think they're listening to us, we speak mainly English these days. He agrees that more Japanese will help my confidence, and improve his grammar without too much effort.

I was of course being somewhat sarcastic in my previous post. I'm actually really proud of him!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I actually didn't think there were some vegans who really believed meat eaters should die. I thought, nah. That's not real.

yeah. This is one such person. I know it's not all or most. But there is this one. And I'm sorta scared by her.

Warning. She posts a few seconds of dead animals.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            I actually didn't think there were some vegans who really believed meat eaters should die. I thought, nah. That's not real.

yeah. This is one such person. I know it's not all or most. But there is this one. And I'm sorta scared by her.

'Scuse my language but she can f*@# off. I don't force my choices on people she has no right to force hers on me, and she's a hypocrite.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

I used to be vegan, and I want the whole human race to die.. at least some times I do. That would include meat eaters too, so don't I count?

Although saying as seeing dead animals is one of my triggers for wanting those nukes to drop, I'd best not click the link, just in case I go into one of my rampages. I'm sure I'd dislike her anyway.. so I'll add her name to the missile.

But yeah, while most vegans are content to wear their sandals and eat their beans, feeling a general sense of smugness, I know from my days in the activist group that some vegans are terrifying! B*tchy too, I remember one of the higher ups in the group mocking another member who'd had them over for dinner a few days earlier, because she served baked beans that she'd jazzed up with some mixed herbs. I mean what?? It's beans... and grass.. what were you expecting from a vegan?

If I could afford to be that picky about my food, I'd totally be vegan again though. It's really not for those barely cutting a living wage. I just miss the smugness though. And the sandals..
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I couldny do the no meat thing, never mind full on vegan. I just enjoy the taste of cooked (and occasionally raw) flesh too much, and cheese. Holy crap cheese. I've actually found that if I don't have a good, solid meal of some sort of hearty red meat at least twice a week, I don't feel so great. I get tired, lazy, and all around have no energy to speak of.

Comment

Me also,kinda a born and raised meat eater....Pork being kinda my favorite next to chicken..
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm a lazy vegetarian... at least most of the time (my principle is that I don't buy/consume meat, eggs, dairy, younameit if I can choose but the heck I'm not going to dictate other people how to feed me, though I do understand if other people request a vegan/vegetarian diet, especially for some really pressing reasons/beliefs)
                    But a lot of veganism seems to be about that certain kind of culture, clothing, interests and a sense of superiority. The same goes for a lot of ethics related things though. As if acting ethically (or 'ethically', as I don't believe that problems of the world are solved by printing a Fair Trade logos on shopping bags) was so embarrassing otherwise that they just had to make it cooler and tougher somehow... So, it's not the thing itself but the underlying logic.

If this was some other forum, I could predict a shitstorm coming my way...:P I have to admit that I still have to reach a certain level of dedication to vegetarianism. (Ate bratwurst today..)
                    Last edited by Näre; 19 Jun 2015, 07:07. Reason: correcting the english!
                    baah.

Comment

I've given up trying to argue with militant vegans. Either I end up crying (even if it's on the Internet) because I AM a compassionate person who doesn't like suffering, or it ends with the vegan basically saying I should be dead, which usually also makes me cry.

I've posted about it a lot on here, but I have a LOT of food allergies, which include ALL legumes. Because of my many allergies (which also includes a number of environmental allergies), I also am prone to histamine intolerance, which means that there are times when my diet is completely restricted to fresh veggies, fruits, dairy and meats until my system can process the extra histamines. Being vegan would eliminate even more foods for me and probably make me severely malnourished during the histamine intolerance times (you can't live off just veggies and fruits, and during those times I can't have things like nuts and seeds). Anyway, militant vegans (like, the worst of them, not most of them) seem to think that someone like me is just better off dead.

The thing that pisses me off the most is how hypocritical some extreme vegans are when it comes to environmentalism. Like, yes, I am AWARE of the impact of meat and dairy on the planet...I'm not CHOOSING to eat meat and dairy. I have allergies. I eat what I can. What I DO choose is to eat less meat and buy sustainable dairy and eggs. What I also choose is to completely shun fast fashion, make my own clothes (and use the leftover fabric for many, many craft projects), repair clothes, reconstruct new clothes from old clothes, buy thrift store clothes, buy second hand household products and electronics, etc. I have bought VERY few new things in the past few years and I throw almost nothing away (I repurpose it, give it away, and if it's truly, truly broken, I recycle it). Yet so many of these people will preach to me about environmentalism while wearing H&M clothes that involve a lot of pollution in their production and will end up in a dumpster in 6 months. No.
                      Last edited by DanieMarie; 23 Jun 2015, 01:41.

Comment

Well Danie, just remind them that because they are consciously ceasing to eat meat, they are intentionally changing their place in the food chain. No longer are they the tertiary consumers that the human species has evolved to be, instead they have dropped themselves down toward the bottom with the primary consumers. THEREFORE, by their own choice, they should be hunted and eaten as well by the rest of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                          Well Danie, just remind them that because they are consciously ceasing to eat meat, they are intentionally changing their place in the food chain. No longer are they the tertiary consumers that the human species has evolved to be, instead they have dropped themselves down toward the bottom with the primary consumers. THEREFORE, by their own choice, they should be hunted and eaten as well by the rest of humanity.
                          Um, I don't wanna eat people that taste like spinach or eggplants. Can we feed them to the swine, instead?
                          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                          Clan of my Clan
                          Kin of my Kin
                          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                            Well, I wouldn't go there for sure. I have absolutely no issue with people being vegan and support all my friends that choose to do so. I think it's a great sustainable choice to make, if you have the ability and the desire to make it. It's not the only sustainable choice out there, though.

And for the record, I don't think it's fair to make vegans constantly defend all of their other lifestyle choices because they choose to be vegan. No one said this, but I re-read my post and it came off that way to me. It's just the extreme position that the woman in the video took that gets to me. I think if you're so extreme that you think people who eat meat shouldn't be living on this planet, then yeah, you should have to defend the sustainability of your other lifestyle choices. You think I shouldn't live on this planet because I "choose" to eat meat and that's not a sustainable lifestyle choice? Fine. How are you getting to work in the morning? What are your clothing purchase habits? How often do you replace your mobile phone and computer, and when you purchase those products, how do you choose them? How do you dispose of your waste, and how much do you waste? Is the food you're buying local? How was it produced? Because if you're going to be that extreme, you should be really critical of ALL of your other lifestyle choices as well.

Comment

I. Hate. My. Foresight. Ability.
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

When I was a kid I had this belief that good, bad and neutral days go in cycles and whenever I had a really bad day, I used to think that there was a good day ahead....

So, if that is true, I'm going to have two heavenly awesome and relaxing days in the future. (No, this is not optimism. It's my lousy sarcasm.)
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X