No announcement yet.

THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does "hey boss, i need to leave on time because i may have to pick anything up from the post office before they close" turn into staying late an hour?

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I was about to take my night time pills. I discovered I had added my Plavix heart med to my night time along with my day time. Thank Gawd I caught it. I don't know why I double dosed my whole week?!!!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

A mini-rant:

Arachnophobia = "fear of spiders"
        Agoraphobia = "fear of public places" ('agora' meant "marketplace" in Ancient Greece by the way, so it's technically "fear of the marketplace")
        Homophobia = "hate of gay people"...?

No, in the strictest terms it means "fear of the same." If you stretch it, it would mean "fear of gay people." So to say that someone who is hatefuc towards gay people is "homophobic?" These are not the Greek roots you are looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that the correct word might be something like "misohomogenic" since "miso" has to do with hate in Greek. Just not sure exactly how to render the homo part, I took "homogenic" from "homogenous."

Also on a humorous note, I remembered that "fear of the sea" is "thalassaphobia."

Comment

OK, so my neighbours left a notice on the door and in everyone's mailbox saying that they are celebrating the guy's 40th birthday. Clearly, they wanted everyone to be aware that they were having a party. I know they gave notice and everything, but it's now past midnight and they're playing super loud music and being generally very loud. It's also the hottest day of the year so far (it was 100 degrees during the day and it's still pretty muggy and hot out), so sleeping with the windows closed will NOT be an option.

In Berlin, it's generally accepted that if you leave a notice on the door informing all of the neighbours of your party, that they will be pretty tolerant of you breaking the noise laws. But I feel that there are limits to that kind of flexibility. Like, some chatter and a bit of music coming from inside the apartment is fine, but loud voices and loud music on top of the balcony blasting into the courtyard is super rude, even if you left a note. This is an apartment building, not a nightclub. If you want to listen to loud music until the wee hours of the night, can't you break it up and go to one of the many, many, many clubs here?

I swear, it's gotten louder since earlier this evening. I didn't mind it much at 8 pm, when they were all toasting, chatting, and playing music, but now it seems like they've turned up the volume and half of them are drunk and shouting.

Comment

Something to never do on the 4th of July,or EVER...and NEVER while drunk...

Police: Man shoots off firework from top of his head, dies

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mai...BcP/story.html

CALAIS, Maine (AP) — A young man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, fatally injuring himself, authorities said Sunday.

He WAS 22 years old...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Something to never do on the 4th of July,or EVER...and NEVER while drunk...

Police: Man shoots off firework from top of his head, dies

CALAIS, Maine (AP) — A young man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, fatally injuring himself, authorities said Sunday.

He WAS 22 years old...

Thinning out the herd, survival of the fittest. Or, well, in this case, survival of the ones who aren't idiotic enough to do stupid shit.
              "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
              And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
              They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
              The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
              - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

at the end of our street it's a dead end. Some people down there were setting off fireworks. I guess incorrectly. Set their roof on fire. I was like ooooh lookie over there! Brrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiggghhhh......oh fire!

Comment

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhy arent you napping!!! Naps are wonderful. Why are you fighting it.

- - - Updated - - -

on another nap related note. Is it really so bad to say we don't want any company between 1-3pm? That is the Minions' nap time and she will not nap if there are people here. My mother seen to think that rule doesn't apply to her.

Comment

Waiting for my nail polish to dry before i eat my dinner.
                    im not a smart woman.

Comment

I am thoroughly convinced my dad's side of the family tree is actually a wreath. Just reading their crap on social media makes my head spin.

Comment

I stopped by the Food-4-Less after work to pick up two bottles of Diet Coke.
                        They had Hostess cherry pies on sale for $1.
                        I came home with 2 cokes and 2 pies.
                        I'm a fatty who aint ashamed

also. They put them in a box and they are about 1/3 the size of what they used to be.
                        Which is why I got 2

dang it

Comment

I'm getting sick of this crap about the Confederate Flag. I don't support the Confederate Flag. You won't find it in any of my family's cars or other areas, however, I support the right for people to fly it. You can't change history and to ban it would try to hide history. In my opinion at least.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                            I'm getting sick of this crap about the Confederate Flag. I don't support the Confederate Flag. You won't find it in any of my family's cars or other areas, however, I support the right for people to fly it. You can't change history and to ban it would try to hide history. In my opinion at least.
                            Well...there's a huge difference between an individual flying it and an official government flying it.

And flying it as a sign southern pride is absolutely lying about history. Whatever would happen in your community if someone flew a Nazi flag--that is what should happen if they fly the Confederate battle flag (its not the Confederate flag anyhow); if nothing would happen, then cool for them...but lets not pretend that the symbol means anything short of a person that is a complete moron when it comes to the endorsement of genocide as a fact of history.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

So if a couple who were proudly flying their battle flag get into a huge argument about it and end up getting a divorce, are they still legally brother and sister?

All in good fun, folks. No offense meant to any of you Southerners.

Comment

Falls down laughing...You been hanging out with Jeff Foxworthy again??...You might be a redneck.....
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X