Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    She's on FB as Autumn Lofton - the one who's a Dietary Aide at Hillcrest nursing home.
    What is the capital of the United States? "America!"

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it has anything to do with the availability of education or the internet, but in actuality the increase and progression of technology that is making people "stupid". When I was a younger, I could remember and rattle off every single one of my friends' phone numbers as well as those of most of my family, the school, the pizza place, the pizza place at college, etc. Now, I can't even remember a handful, relying upon my phone to have everything listed and just a touch away from dialing. Texting, internet culture, social media, and the like have removed the "need" to spell properly, use full words, have proper grammar, know how to form a complete sentence, and so on due to the desire to do everything as quickly as possible. And this then transfers over into speech, as well. Why bother taking the time to learn anything or to remember anything, when all it takes it to pull out your phone (which has more power in it than the Apollo moon lander) or sit down at a computer (that could most likely run a small country on it's own) and simply type in what you want to know and BOOM. Hel, you don't even need to spell it properly because the gods of Google and Bing will correct it for you!

Technology is great and wonderful and allows us to do all sorts of pretty awesome things, but folks need to understand that it is not the end all and be all. Power goes out, and kids these days (and adults) PANIC because they can't watch their shows, they can't play their games, and don't even get started on what happens if their phone battery dies at that time too.

Comment

I grew up with very few tech things,BUT I still feel panic these days when the power goes..In many ways I have "lost" my ability to cope without power like we did as kids..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So someone called out for an early morning shift. They were called in to work our extra truck shipment along with a few other employees. He calls out quite a bit. What's worse is that he didn't call out with me (the manager on duty). He texted a fellow employee who told me. I told him that Richard needs to let me know because I'm a member of management. He never called me.

I told the assistant manager. He's writing it up as a no show since he didn't contact the manager on duty.

Sometimes I get tired of people not thinking I'm important. I want to feel so dejected. But then I remember the other employees always come to me to handle their problems. So there's that.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Fluffs the Duce's feather pillow on her golden throne,and asks "Ok,Boss?"

Who loves ya baby??
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            So someone called out for an early morning shift. They were called in to work our extra truck shipment along with a few other employees. He calls out quite a bit. What's worse is that he didn't call out with me (the manager on duty). He texted a fellow employee who told me. I told him that Richard needs to let me know because I'm a member of management. He never called me.

I told the assistant manager. He's writing it up as a no show since he didn't contact the manager on duty.

Sometimes I get tired of people not thinking I'm important. I want to feel so dejected. But then I remember the other employees always come to me to handle their problems. So there's that.
            You should ask if it would be possible for you to present the warning to the employee. That way, it makes it quite clear that it was you he screwed over and disrespected, and also puts you in the position of coming across as not willing to take his, or anyone else's who decides to try it, shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              You should ask if it would be possible for you to present the warning to the employee. That way, it makes it quite clear that it was you he screwed over and disrespected, and also puts you in the position of coming across as not willing to take his, or anyone else's who decides to try it, shit.
              I normally give the write ups. But I'm off work till Thursday so it's going to be one of the assistants. As long as the managers know this isn't cool, then I'm cool. Also I feel this guy is on his way out. He tried calling out with another manager on 4th of July and that boss ripped into him. Telling him to get his ass in, it's a holiday and we can't do call outs! So I think he didn't want to talk to me because I would have made him come in!

Comment

I'm having such bad migraines again. When will it end?!
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

So daily summer list today is done. My bathroom is literally a closet upstairs bathroom. Not big enough to use a mop on the floor. So I was down on my knees like Cinderalla cleaning up the floor with a sponge. Sucks. But it's done.

Though on a positive note: I'm going to now buy new towels and bath mats for my clean bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    Try green tea, anubisa.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                      White willow bark is also good for migraine

- - - Updated - - -

So daily summer list today is done. My bathroom is literally a closet upstairs bathroom. Not big enough to use a mop on the floor. So I was down on my knees like Cinderalla cleaning up the floor with a sponge. Sucks. But it's done.

Though on a positive note: I'm going to now buy new towels and bath mats for my clean bathroom.
                      I hate cleaning the bathroom as well but I sure do love when it is clean!!!
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Bad sale weekend, bad post-sale Monday, bad news upon coming home to check on daily responsibilities.

Need wine. And Lovecraft. And maybe some Jaws Unleashed.

Still no update on our relocation status.

Comment

So I'm just sitting here minding my own business upstairs. I start smelling gas. I figure the grandma downstairs is cooking lunch for the granddaughter.

Sniiiif

Nope. That's GAS!
                          I go downstairs. Her and Maddy and Jane, the neighbor, are all at the kitchen table chatting. I go to the stove. She's got a pot boiling. Except there's no flame. So I turn it off. I tell them to open all the windows. And grandma is over there wanting to light it again. And I'm like NO!!!!!! Let it be a bit. Like the house is filled with enough gas that it's moved upstairs!

*sigh. I almost blew up.

Comment

So I'm just sitting here minding my own business upstairs. I start smelling gas. I figure the grandma downstairs is cooking lunch for the granddaughter.

Sniiiif

Nope. That's GAS!
                            I go downstairs. Her and Maddy and Jane, the neighbor, are all at the kitchen table chatting. I go to the stove. She's got a pot boiling. Except there's no flame. So I turn it off. I tell them to open all the windows. And grandma is over there wanting to light it again. And I'm like NO!!!!!! Let it be a bit. Like the house is filled with enough gas that it's moved upstairs!

*sigh. I almost blew up.
                            That's scary. It's a good thing you were around to catch the scent!

Comment

I might just punch my husband today.... sometimes he has this amazing ability of getting under my skin and when he gets bossy my heckles go up. We'll he started being bossy over texts and then walks in the door and just continues on his bossy way. Yep he's going to get punched.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                                I might just punch my husband today.... sometimes he has this amazing ability of getting under my skin and when he gets bossy my heckles go up. We'll he started being bossy over texts and then walks in the door and just continues on his bossy way. Yep he's going to get punched.
                                *hands you boxing gloves. It will go a bit easier on him

Comment

Working...
                                X