Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Tell her how many times he's filed bankruptcy for his corporations. Four. Four is the answer.
    I actually went and looked at her facebook to see what she said about his remarks about McCain and she is strangely quiet. However there are lots of hateful things about liberals. Must be nice to be a stay at home house wife...

Also idiocy has struck again. The (and she is becoming a from friend quickly)friend who posted the foolish thing about the abortion has now posted about something about LGBT marriage, and how changing the law from "husband" and "wife" is just destroying marriage completely. I did not hold back this time.

- - - Updated - - -

and now I'm angry and stewing for a flippin fight.

- - - Updated - - -

and now I'm angry and stewing for a flippin fight.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      Can a country file bankruptcy? What happens to it if it does?
      I'm watching Greece for this very reason.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The Donald is going to learn the hard way that money can't buy everything.

I'm not a fan of McCain, but I respect and honor his experience as a Veteran, and especially as a POW. I volunteered at this place: http://www.njvvmf.org/ when I lived nearby.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I'm watching Greece for this very reason.
          Greece is the word... I love Olivia Newton John...
          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
          Tribe of my Tribe
          Clan of my Clan
          Kin of my Kin
          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

It's not even noon and today can already go die. If I make it through the day without smashing something out of sheer anger, I'll be very surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
              Greece is the word... I love Olivia Newton John...
              Haha I see what you did there. Alright back to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              It's not even noon and today can already go die. If I make it through the day without smashing something out of sheer anger, I'll be very surprised.
              If eggs weren't such a precious commodity right now I'd say smash those. They splatter beautifully with just the right amount of noise.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

My mum saw a goldfinch while out walking old-man-Oscar this morning. Then this afternoon she and my niece are off gathering mugwort because it's that time of year...

Not fair.. I want to see pretty finches and gather wild herbs... Instead I'm meant to be sleeping. I'm not of course, but I'm meant to be. I bet I'd sleep with a nice brew of mugwort tea...
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  I'm not a fan of McCain, but I respect and honor his experience as a Veteran, and especially as a POW. I volunteered at this place: http://www.njvvmf.org/ when I lived nearby.
                  He might not have been the best pilot...but his service and experience as a POW has never been sort of heroic.

Meanwhile, Donnie exempted himself out of service.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    He might not have been the best pilot...but his service and experience as a POW has never been sort of heroic.

Meanwhile, Donnie exempted himself out of service.
                    Like Hawkfeathers, I'm not a fan of McCain. But Trump is beyond contempt. This is an interesting side by side timeline of the two lives.

How anybody could publicly dis a former POW and expect anybody to take them seriously after that shows more than we need to know about the mind of a Trump.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Perhaps the rant thread is not the best place for this,BUT it concerns the feed back things on most stories. generally every reply by a right winger,OR a left winger goes like this "You liberals are responsible for everything I hate,and you should die" Now change liberals to right wing people,and use the same negative reply(And you know I kept it clean,because they sometimes call each other much worse things) AND,I wonder what any of these negative,name calling sessions has to do with the topic of the story?
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Perhaps the rant thread is not the best place for this,BUT it concerns the feed back things on most stories. generally every reply by a right winger,OR a left winger goes like this "You liberals are responsible for everything I hate,and you should die" Now change liberals to right wing people,and use the same negative reply(And you know I kept it clean,because they sometimes call each other much worse things) AND,I wonder what any of these negative,name calling sessions has to do with the topic of the story?
                        Zilch. They mostly serve to demonstrate that the sites hosting them lack adequate moderation.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          They jump to conclusions as well. I once commented on a beautiful proposal I saw online and said it made me cry. This was a reply to my comment; "YOU LIBERAL *** I CAN'T BREAK YOU THROUGH THE INTERNET BUT IF I SAW YOU IN REAL LIFE I WOULD SLAUGHTER YOU LIKE A ******* PIG!!!!"
                          They were pissed because it was a same-sex proposal.
                          Okay......... WHAT!? I did nothing to provoke anyone, I just said it was beautiful and you could see they really loved each other. Assumptions assumptions. I mean, yes by all definitions I would get along with liberals very well, BUT I had nothing political nor aggressive in my comment. People these days I swear.......
                          Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

THAT is exactly what I was talking about,AND it doesn't even matter what the original subject was,they would go off if it was about sunshine and flowers...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

This is a quote from a story comment about Trump and McCain

"Nazilibs hate America AND Americans!! Just like Obama..." the story was about Trump and McCain,where the comment fits is anyone guess...(This was from FOX news site BTW)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Finding people to interview yourself is harder than it should be. I'd do an interview with your dog if was willing to take an hour out of its day.
                                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                                X