THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I don't like makeup in the regard of covering "flaws".

I wear eyeshadow, lipstick and eyeliner because I find it a way to artistically express myself. However, I have never in my life worn any kind of concealer or tried to in any way hide blemishes and flaws in my face. I don't see why people freak over acne. In fact, I actually find girls with acne way more attractive than the ones that look like barbie dolls. They don't look real. They just LOOK fake.
    And I know that people wear makeup to feel more confident. But I feel like that just reinforces the fact that they feel uncomfortable without it.

I've had so many girls tell me "I couldn't even go out in public without makeup, I'm so ugly." NO YOU'RE NOT. And these girls are GORGEOUS without makeup. I have no idea what they're talking about.

And if you wear makeup becuase it gives you confidence, go for it girl. I understand. But I think too many girls feel like they HAVE to because "everyone's doing it and that boy won't think I'm pretty if I don't." Look. If he won't go out with you unless you're wearing makeup, he isn't worth your time.

And I do care about my appearance. BUT. I care about my appearance for ME. ME only. I don't give a **** **** what other people think of how I look. And I've heard it all. "Why don't you cover up that pimple? You'd look so pretty if you wouldn't dress like a freak. You should straighten your hair, you'd look so pretty! But a guy might like you if you wear colors! You'd look pretty if you didn't wear your makeup like that! Don't tease your hair, it makes you look ugly. You could be so pretty if you wear shorter shorts, a lower cut top and lose some weight." Okay first, I'm at a completely healthy weight. Thank you. Secondly, I don't like to expose my legs or chest. I just don't. I'm not caught in the sixties, I'm not trying to hide anything (besides the fact I hate shaving my legs). I just don't feel comfortable, and that's my own choice.

Does it look like I care? Becuase I don't.

And if you dress for other people, you might as well just give up your individuality. Becuase soon you'll act exactly like those people. Nowadays it's all about "fitting in". **** that! I've always been a weirdo and the standout. It's true. But you know what? I like that. I'm not going to be another barbie doll following the pack leader.

Too much value is placed on appearances. Someone once told me I was crazy for saying I would date someone who wasn't skinny. Uh. Maybe because I value personality above appearance? Or is that a foreign concept.

Ugh.
    Ummmmmm.......... I'm Sorry, I've just had enough of beauty standards for today.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized all my rants are really long and useless. Oh well xD
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Longer rants do us a bigger favor, imo. The more we're able to get "out," the less we're internalizing. Still, the appearance perspective is enlightening. I haven't quite gotten to the pound where I'm comfortable not wearing concealer, but maybe I'll get there in the next year. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
        Longer rants do us a bigger favor, imo. The more we're able to get "out," the less we're internalizing. Still, the appearance perspective is enlightening. I haven't quite gotten to the pound where I'm comfortable not wearing concealer, but maybe I'll get there in the next year. Maybe.
        Well I'm glad you found me enlightening
        Yeah, you're really right. A good rant can make you feel a lot better

I think I don't really care about acne or any of the sort is becuase even if I do, I'm still wearing black lace head to toe, listening to Sisters of Mercy, drawing dark things and watching horror movies. I'm just a weird person, and no amount of concealer is gonna make me have to have any less confidence, becuase I'll still get the comments and the "You'd be so popular if"s. I guess I've been an outsider for so long that I learned very early that I'll have to either deal with people not liking me or be someone I'm not, and I'll never do that.

Don't misunderstand, I think it's fine for people to wear concealer if it gives them confidence. I say you go girl, you're beautiful no matter what, makeup or not. There's nothing wrong with that. Like if I went out in a crop top and shorts (which I would never ever do) I'd have far less confidence than if I was in my black jeans and black halter top.

I'm just frustrated that society expects girls to wear makeup or the CAN'T be considered "pretty". And I know no one's making me, but it feels like someone is. I feel like there's so much pressure to cover up every flaw as if having a single blemish makes you hideous.

Or maybe it's just me xD

Comment

Gonna ask,do you know where the name "Sisters of mercy" came from??

Click the link to see.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post

Click the link to see.
            https://youtu.be/oBFQg7P5YKw
            Wow, fascinating, I actually didn't know that!

Comment

Getting pissed off that I keep having to reschedule my chiropractic adjustment because of work.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Click the link to see.
                https://youtu.be/oBFQg7P5YKw
                I honestly thought of the hospital I work at. It was started by nuns, Mercy Hospital, the Sisters of Mercy. They've been around since sometime in the 1800. And from what I understand, all of the Mercy hospitals across the country are the same.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  I honestly thought of the hospital I work at. It was started by nuns, Mercy Hospital, the Sisters of Mercy. They've been around since sometime in the 1800. And from what I understand, all of the Mercy hospitals across the country are the same.
                  Hey, Mercy Hospital is the name of the hospital in Ghost Whisperer!

- - - Updated - - -

I use my tablet instead of a mouse most of the time, and yesterday it was acting so weird....... I am now discovering many things I did and clicked on without knowing. Oh dear.

Comment

Freaking power grid,had what might be called a glitch...Power flickered and did not shut off computer BUT did make ps3 reset...and with a clear sky and no storms even near by.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Some of the offers people make for classified ads are offensive. No matter what I sell (entire gaming console with games, controllers, and accessories, USB keyboard MIDI controller, large pieces of furniture), there is always at least one person offering 30 or so Euros for it (or rather, around half or less of the originally listed price). I always put "or best offer" because I'm willing to negotiate to around 10 Euros less than I'm asking, but come on.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        Some of the offers people make for classified ads are offensive. No matter what I sell (entire gaming console with games, controllers, and accessories, USB keyboard MIDI controller, large pieces of furniture), there is always at least one person offering 30 or so Euros for it (or rather, around half or less of the originally listed price). I always put "or best offer" because I'm willing to negotiate to around 10 Euros less than I'm asking, but come on.
                        Tell 'em you won't sell to them because they're gay (or not gay, whichever you prefer) and watch the shit-storm start, people will write articles for and against you, and this will magically increase the value of your cast-offs.

Ah! The terrible beauty of Capitalism!
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Your mind,she is how you say....Bat Murd Crazy...that or you are just absolutely the smartest person alive. (Must be all that holy herb you consume)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Your mind,she is how you say....Bat Murd Crazy...that or you are just absolutely the smartest person alive. (Must be all that holy herb you consume)
                            Well, I am, of course, somewhat prejudiced on the matter, but I would say it's mainly Bat Murd (is this a word?) Crazy.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

MURD=French for Sh*T...indeed she is somewhat how you say...turdy

- - - Updated - - -

I think a real good sign of a positive belief is,if it allows you to joke about your deity without all the fire and brimstone coming down on you,AND you can hear the God or Goddess laughing at themselves...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

MURD=French for Sh*T
                                Actually, the word is "merde"

Comment

Working...
                                X