THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I know you guys just said you are sick of hearing people complain about their xmas gifts but I do have a little rant about one gift. My family does a secret santa where instead of buying gifts for everyone which costs a lot of money we spend $75 on one person. We figure being together for xmas is more important then gifts but giving is part of the holiday. Well my grandma drew my name and lets just say she is not super supportive of my religious choice. She got me a bible with a note written on the inside saying I do not deserve to celebrate Christmas and also basically saying she will not have a relationship with me until I have accepted Jesus. My feelings were so hurt.
    sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=8.msg25218#msg25218 date=1293511407]
      That's shitty. You just did a little groaning though, I asked some people about how their Christmases were and it was all, "omg, I didn't get that $300 thing I wanted! My life SUCKS." I slapped a boy. Hung up on a girl. How you gonna bitch about generosity? Families using Christmas as a makeup party for past indiscretions, well, that's worth a groan or two!
      [/quote]

I'd rather deal with people complaining about not getting enough than the people who complain that you got them something.
      "I got you this, because I wanted you to have nice shit, because I care about you. Now let me care about you!"
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=8.msg25282#msg25282 date=1293546134]
        I know you guys just said you are sick of hearing people complain about their xmas gifts but I do have a little rant about one gift. My family does a secret santa where instead of buying gifts for everyone which costs a lot of money we spend $75 on one person. We figure being together for xmas is more important then gifts but giving is part of the holiday. Well my grandma drew my name and lets just say she is not super supportive of my religious choice. She got me a bible with a note written on the inside saying I do not deserve to celebrate Christmas and also basically saying she will not have a relationship with me until I have accepted Jesus. My feelings were so hurt.
        [/quote]

That is one of the meanest things I've ever heard of someone doing. That's flat-out cold-hearted.

Comment

[/quote]

Wow. So much for unconditional family love, huh? Sorry you got hurt.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

[/quote]

Wow, that's just horrible. I was gonna rant about how my dad is willing to not give my mom grocery money, but I'm more concerned about this. I hope you can grow from this incident.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

[/quote]

That is horrible! I'm so sorry you had to go through this...and in front of family as well. Man, I have no words other then WTF!!

Comment

[/quote]

:O

Are you shitting me? Talk about cold hearted. We're in your corner, you filthy heathen! FW... wanna put on capes and avenge this horrid indiscretion?
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Canada Post, YOU SUCK! I still haven't gotten half my Christmas Cards!~ >

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=8.msg25308#msg25308 date=1293554708]
                    That is one of the meanest things I've ever heard of someone doing. That's flat-out cold-hearted.
                    [/quote]

[quote author=Hawkfeathers link=topic=8.msg25318#msg25318 date=1293557625]
                    Wow. So much for unconditional family love, huh? Sorry you got hurt.
                    [/quote]

[quote author=Caelia link=topic=8.msg25323#msg25323 date=1293560005]
                    Wow, that's just horrible. I was gonna rant about how my dad is willing to not give my mom grocery money, but I'm more concerned about this. I hope you can grow from this incident.
                    [/quote]

[quote author=Amber link=topic=8.msg25324#msg25324 date=1293561470]
                    That is horrible! I'm so sorry you had to go through this...and in front of family as well. Man, I have no words other then WTF!!
                    [/quote]

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=8.msg25336#msg25336 date=1293571412]
                    :O

Are you shitting me? Talk about cold hearted. We're in your corner, you filthy heathen! FW... wanna put on capes and avenge this horrid indiscretion?
                    [/quote]

Thanks for your support guys I wondered at first if I was being over sensitive or if my grandma really is just a mean old Catholic bitch (tee hee)

Caelia if there is anything I can do to help your mom let me know, groceries are far more important then hurt feelings.
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=8.msg25380#msg25380 date=1293588798]
                      Thanks for your support guys I wondered at first if I was being over sensitive or if my grandma really is just a mean old Catholic bitch (tee hee)

Caelia if there is anything I can do to help your mom let me know, groceries are far more important then hurt feelings.
                      [/quote]
                      My nana was also a mean old Catholic bitch. She would pretty much say mean things to me like that. While she clutched her large gold saint medallion. I finally had enough one day (I used to be her caretaker). I told grabbing that medallion aint gonna help. I told her she's gonna die soon. And that's all that matters. She was one mean fucking bitch. Thankfully I was meaner.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=8.msg25380#msg25380 date=1293588798]

[/quote]

Your gran is one horrible bitch. I'd tell her to get to fuck frankly! X
                        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg25397#msg25397 date=1293602448]
                          My nana was also a mean old Catholic bitch. She would pretty much say mean things to me like that. While she clutched her large gold saint medallion. I finally had enough one day (I used to be her caretaker). I told grabbing that medallion aint gonna help. I told her she's gonna die soon. And that's all that matters. She was one mean fucking bitch. Thankfully I was meaner.
                          [/quote]

That's my safety net, as well. I know how to be far worse than mean.

It strikes me as an empty claim, this 'you have no right to celebrate Christmas' bullshit, though. Despite the Christ in Christmas, it's a secular holiday. Kids don't give a shit about who Christ was, they wanna know what presents are under the tree for them. Stores, businesses, consumers, all over, have turned it into a holiday of decadence, damned near. Not a religious holiday.

Of course, it's just pure ignorance and bigotry that makes the holiday a "belonging" of just one religion, or even ideal. And THAT, in a nutshell, is my rant de-jour. CELEBRATE the damn thing, instead of using it as an excuse to be selfish: GIVE!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I think another cyst burst. I'm hurting & this month's red tide has an compliment of nausea to go with it.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I had three beers over 5 hours, with EIGHT pints of water in between, AND vitamin C, AND food ...

and I'm fucking hungover this morning. Screw you, body - I quit.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=8.msg25466#msg25466 date=1293636426]
                                I think another cyst burst. I'm hurting & this month's red tide has an compliment of nausea to go with it.
                                [/quote]

hope you feel better soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X