Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
    There are three animated Titanic movies, and none of them are good, respectful, or accurate. I mean, why spit on the graves of the people who died on the Titanic three times?! Isn't one enough?!!
    I think they should make one that follows along exactly, and then, just as it starts to sink, it turns into a submarine powered by alien technology, and it's revealed that the ice berg is another alien monstrosity sent to earth to destroy the ship before human scientists can reverse engineer the tech.

Comment

I believe Mr. Bay, first name Michael, would like to speak to you.

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
        I believe Mr. Bay, first name Michael, would like to speak to you.
        I'll pitch to him my idea for a redneck/zombie movie while I'm at it.

Comment

Girlfriends ex husband posted some Facebook stuff today about Happy Anniversary, etc, etc. They've been split up for six months now. Things have been really rocky for about a year. We (my husband and I) had said that we were good with them being friends. And that we could see if he got his act together if they could be something more. But every time she's tried to set down a boundary, he's acted out and showed yet again why she left him. So, yeah, this is getting insane. And she's pretty much decided that even being friends isn't going to work. Sad Face.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I have known couples like that,attraction but also conflict and strife. I think in some of them it was the conflict that was the attractant factor. I will say I do not understand the "Conflict" attraction thing. With your friend it sounds like she is better off away from him.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I have known couples like that,attraction but also conflict and strife. I think in some of them it was the conflict that was the attractant factor. I will say I do not understand the "Conflict" attraction thing. With your friend it sounds like she is better off away from him.
              Yeah. We're poly so she ended up dating us and is pretty integrated into our family now. And now we have to lock our doors (something we've never done and never had to worry about since moving to this neighborhood) because he's really acting weird. Basically, she just wanted to make an effort to see if things could work out in any way and it didn't work.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

So, I was super stressed from all the pride stuff yesterday, and our meeting got out early, and I ran to catch the tail end of the farmer's market and that was great. I grabbed some bannock, and went and just laid in the grass by the lake in the setting sun. That was also great. I was just starting to feel relaxed for the first time that day.

And then suddenly, a guy lays down next to me. I look at him, but I think, whatever. He adopts the same pose I'm laying in. We stare at the clouds for a while and don't say anything. I don't even mind his company. Nothing can bother me. I am infused with a sunny-grassy-lakey-farmer's markety goodness that nothing can ruin. He introduces himself. He's from Chile. He's just moved to town on a work visa. Always wanted to see the great north.

Cool, he's trying to make friends. That's brave of him. We start to chat. It goes from chatting, laying in the grass, to him turning on his side while I'm still laying in the grass. We chat more. He compliments my tattoos, and sensually rubs his hand over them. Okay, he's latino. I get they are a little extra touchy. I let it pass. I'm not actually bothered by it anyhow. It happens again. I say something funny, and he puts his hand on my hip for a second longer than appropriate. Oookay. I sit up and make a show of moving back a little bit. I hug my knees. We still chat. He does that thing where you try to get closer without getting closer. Now...I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable. I don't mind the attention, but I feel differently about this kind of attention than most people do. It's hard to explain that touching is a part of friendship, not 'I want in your pants'. So I let it slide.

It's getting on in the evening, and I still have to head to a coffee shop with my laptop to work on some pride finances. I tell him this, and tell him about the festival I'm planning this weekend and tell him he should come. He is either confused by what I mean about Pride, or not getting the hint that maybe I'm gay (I'm actually bisexual, but at this point, I was starting to be willing to play the gay card). We pleasantly chat for a few minutes more. As I tell him I really should get going, he strokes my hair, and tells me I was just too beautiful not to come and talk to, and that we should be together again sometime.

Ooookay.

I said that I would like that, but...with maybe a little less touching. And he backpedaled and started telling me about how it's appropriate in his culture, and he forgets when he travels that it's not okay. And then he apologizes and apologizes, and just says, 'well, maybe I'll see you around sometime, in the sunshine' and gets up and leaves.

Chilean guy. I had a really nice time talking to you. I just didn't want to sleep with you. And I could tell, you weren't just touching me because it's culturally appropriate where you are from. I've been a lot of places. Stroking my hip is not new-friendly touching.

It's a shame. He was nice and interesting.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  So, I was super stressed from all the pride stuff yesterday, and our meeting got out early, and I ran to catch the tail end of the farmer's market and that was great. I grabbed some bannock, and went and just laid in the grass by the lake in the setting sun. That was also great. I was just starting to feel relaxed for the first time that day.

And then suddenly, a guy lays down next to me. I look at him, but I think, whatever. He adopts the same pose I'm laying in. We stare at the clouds for a while and don't say anything. I don't even mind his company. Nothing can bother me. I am infused with a sunny-grassy-lakey-farmer's markety goodness that nothing can ruin. He introduces himself. He's from Chile. He's just moved to town on a work visa. Always wanted to see the great north.

Cool, he's trying to make friends. That's brave of him. We start to chat. It goes from chatting, laying in the grass, to him turning on his side while I'm still laying in the grass. We chat more. He compliments my tattoos, and sensually rubs his hand over them. Okay, he's latino. I get they are a little extra touchy. I let it pass. I'm not actually bothered by it anyhow. It happens again. I say something funny, and he puts his hand on my hip for a second longer than appropriate. Oookay. I sit up and make a show of moving back a little bit. I hug my knees. We still chat. He does that thing where you try to get closer without getting closer. Now...I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable. I don't mind the attention, but I feel differently about this kind of attention than most people do. It's hard to explain that touching is a part of friendship, not 'I want in your pants'. So I let it slide.

It's getting on in the evening, and I still have to head to a coffee shop with my laptop to work on some pride finances. I tell him this, and tell him about the festival I'm planning this weekend and tell him he should come. He is either confused by what I mean about Pride, or not getting the hint that maybe I'm gay (I'm actually bisexual, but at this point, I was starting to be willing to play the gay card). We pleasantly chat for a few minutes more. As I tell him I really should get going, he strokes my hair, and tells me I was just too beautiful not to come and talk to, and that we should be together again sometime.

Ooookay.

I said that I would like that, but...with maybe a little less touching. And he backpedaled and started telling me about how it's appropriate in his culture, and he forgets when he travels that it's not okay. And then he apologizes and apologizes, and just says, 'well, maybe I'll see you around sometime, in the sunshine' and gets up and leaves.

Chilean guy. I had a really nice time talking to you. I just didn't want to sleep with you. And I could tell, you weren't just touching me because it's culturally appropriate where you are from. I've been a lot of places. Stroking my hip is not new-friendly touching.

It's a shame. He was nice and interesting.
                  If you didn't enjoy some of his actions, it would be totally fine if you told him. Even after considering he's a latino. It's your body, your privacy and your personal space.
                  I'm bisexual as well, though I'm barely into men. Barely. Genders aside. If a person, any person, touches me and it makes me uncomfortable - I either back off or tell the person to stop. Simple as that.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

The bank made a mistake and now my credit card is blocked. Hurried home to check if it had gone in to minus or something, no, I've got plenty on it. Just blocked. Worked yesterday. Lucky I've got a bit of cash saved... Haven't gotten a hold of them yet.
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                      If you didn't enjoy some of his actions, it would be totally fine if you told him. Even after considering he's a latino. It's your body, your privacy and your personal space.
                      I'm bisexual as well, though I'm barely into men. Barely. Genders aside. If a person, any person, touches me and it makes me uncomfortable - I either back off or tell the person to stop. Simple as that.
                      I really like human touch. But I also don't like leading people on, and it's tough to explain to someone that you're enjoying their attention, but you're indifferent about where it goes without coming off as callous. Which is why I felt bad and uncomfortable. Because it was actually a really nice evening, but when he started telling me I was beautiful and stroking my hair, I knew it wasn't going to be just a nice friendly experience that I could walk away from without making another person feel uncomfortable. So I had to stop it.

My actual rant: I want to crawl in a hole and die until the pride festival is over.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        My actual rant: I want to crawl in a hole and die until the pride festival is over.
                        Oh ouch, planning events is a royal pain to begin with, but Pride festivals are especially headache inducing sometimes. Good luck!
                        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                        sigpic

Comment

I feel like death warmed over. If that doesn't change by tomorrow then life is gonna get a little interesting.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            I feel like death warmed over. If that doesn't change by tomorrow then life is gonna get a little interesting.
                            Oh my. Hope you feel better soon! Also, I know it's late coming, but congrats on the promotion on here
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

Get well soon!

Comment

Hey, we can be sick buddies! I woke up feeling unwell this morning, and then it passed a bit and I ran errands, and just now I woke up from sleeping on the couch for an hour and my throat hurts.

IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE A THREE DAY FESTIVAL TO RUN STARTING TOMORROW OR ANYTHING

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X