Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Neither of my daughters would survive basic training, I think. But some kind of "alternate service" would be fully justifiable. I wish it were available.
    What about AmeriCorps? I did a year of AmeriCorps to pay for what financial aid wouldn't cover for a year of school, while going to school part time (because that is all my student loans would cover)

Or paid internships? Taking a year off to work, or going part time?

The government should not be a "for profit" lender. The knowledge that it is makes me I'll.
    I don't think they should make a profit either, but 1) the process of lending money takes money, and 2) the program has to expand to accomodate population growth and more learners. I'm okay with an interest rate that provides for that...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I'll look into AmeriCorps.

She's been looking for paid internships, and on campus work (helping with writing specifically, but any), and off-campus work. Going part time is problematic - she has to live on-campus because we live so far away from everything, and IMHO distance learning isn't all there yet - so she still has food & rent.

I'm going to go internet AmeriCorps...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

2:40 am, wide awake and can't sleep, and I refuse to take pills for that anymore, gobnabbit!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

2:40 am, wide awake and can't sleep, and I refuse to take pills for that anymore, gobnabbit!
          It may not be enough, but I find lavender tea calms the system down when I can't sleep. You might give it a try.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I second Iris here. Also, try melissa leaves. Word of warning, though. Don't use a lot of them at once.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I usually use catnip, but don't have any "for human consumption" around, and none of the others. I'm just going to tuff it out. If I'm still up at 7 I'll go for an early morning kayak on the River.

It's "back to work" tension. I'm having anxiety dreams.

Comment

I usually use catnip, but don't have any "for human consumption" around, and none of the others. I'm just going to tuff it out. If I'm still up at 7 I'll go for an early morning kayak on the River.

It's "back to work" tension. I'm having anxiety dreams.
                Ah... anxiety dreams suck, but then you'll probably sleep really well tomorrow night ^^ you going back to work tomorrow (in this part of the world it's sunday afternoon now. Don't really know about where you are)
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  Ah... anxiety dreams suck, but then you'll probably sleep really well tomorrow night ^^ you going back to work tomorrow (in this part of the world it's sunday afternoon now. Don't really know about where you are)
                  I don't go back till next week, so I got a lot of not sleeping to get through...

Comment

I was searching for news about the whole Florida hammer murders that was blamed on witches,still no take backs from that cop...BUT I landed in a forum that is a conspiracy thing,and then was tripping about how that site was a CIA front ,this idea from other conspiracy sites,and it seems they are all calling each other names and saying their are CIA everywhere... If you want weird,its just a short search on Google...
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't go back till next week, so I got a lot of not sleeping to get through...
                      Oooh. Well lavender does the trick for me. Sometimes combined with a bit of reading in very soft light to make my head tired.
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                        Oooh. Well lavender does the trick for me. Sometimes combined with a bit of reading in very soft light to make my head tired.
                        I took your advice as best I could under the circumstances. I have non-caffeine lemon/ginger tea that I find soothing. I made some, relaxed, and fell asleep.

Comment

I took your advice as best I could under the circumstances. I have non-caffeine lemon/ginger tea that I find soothing. I made some, relaxed, and fell asleep.

Happy to hear it
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

There is this new tea,has some thing called blue agave,and it is said it will settle you down right quick...and something about "The Worm"...I don't know about the worm...I seem to forget after that comes up.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              There is this new tea,has some thing called blue agave,and it is said it will settle you down right quick...and something about "The Worm"...I don't know about the worm...I seem to forget after that comes up.

Wonder if that is like the tequila worm or the saki snake?
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

You could always go for 'Akadama Plum wine,said to be very interesting...Might just be stories,but there are so many stories about it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X