THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Using the sentence "You never talk to us! You show favoritism to <faye_cat>" instead of properly saying "Me and you have a difference in conversation styles, and I don't respect the fact that you are socially stunted and damaged. Faye_cat has spent many years trying to understand how your mind works, and I'm not going to do the same, but I'm still going to be resentful that Faye_cat will be able to talk to you and get you to open up" is just factually wrong and needs to stop being uttered.
    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Trying to get ready for classes, and internet goes by-by for two days, and you can't do nuffin' no more without internet. Curses! Foiled again!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ok baby, it's time to go to sleep... Not suck on mommy for two hours, sleep.
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Trying to get ready for classes, and internet goes by-by for two days, and you can't do nuffin' no more without internet. Curses! Foiled again!
          What are you teaching this year?
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Journalism, which I've done before, so no big deal, and the first and second part of 10th grade English (10A and 10B) which are entirely new to me. I have to download the syllabus, and read the lit, and make up the various handouts and visuals and such like stuff.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Grrrr!!!!!!! When will corporations stop micro managing?!#@!? It sucks the fun out of everything and it kills autonomy and creativity.

Without going out the door, you can know the ways of the world.
              Without looking out your window, you can see the Way of Heaven.
              The farther you go, the less you know.
              Thus the Sage knows without travelling, sees without looking, does without doing.

Comment

I sent out a certified letter (signature required) to a business here in town. The destination is less than a mile from the post office. Yet, it's now 200 miles away at a sorting facility, according to tracking. And we wonder why the postal service is in trouble.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  I sent out a certified letter (signature required) to a business here in town. The destination is less than a mile from the post office. Yet, it's now 200 miles away at a sorting facility, according to tracking. And we wonder why the postal service is in trouble.
                  USPS pissed me off so bad recently. I ordered one of those fitness tracker things and the product sat at the "shipping label created" status for 5 days before finally moving en route to me. But wait, there's more. It shipped from Cali. I'm in Oregon. It took them nigh 4 more days to deliver said package. When did it arrive? The day that I had to leave to fly to Cali for a funeral. I left in the am, it was delivered in the pm. That was Saturday. I finally get to go home and play with it this afternoon. I could have driven to Cali and back in less time than it took to have it shipped to me.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

^^^ They often don't update the status in a timely or correct manner. I've had things stay in one spot (on the website) and suddenly show up on my doorstep. Why have tracking if you don't update it?
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have been inside what is called a BMC(Batch Mail center) where all the mail from a certain area is sorted(Never if you wish to stay sane about your mail go to one) they are HUGE,there was a sorting machine that was 3 stories high. One gets around in the facility using golf cart type things.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW you can not imagine just how much stuff goes through the USPS system in a single day.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        ^^^ They often don't update the status in a timely or correct manner. I've had things stay in one spot (on the website) and suddenly show up on my doorstep. Why have tracking if you don't update it?
                        True and my friend who ordered the same thing said that, too. But the thing is, I kept an eye on the tracking anyway and they WERE updating it.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Some BMC's are on the order of perhaps acres one I think was 10 acres...so yeh,check out a UPS sorting facility too sometime...you would be amazed they get your stuff to you

A picture says so uch more..Inside a BMC.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I just figure the mail system runs pretty much like the rest of the government does. My wife and I have been waiting for almost two years for her visa stuff to happen. It took them 9 months to tell us that we didn't fill out a certain form (which, by the way, was identical to a form we did fill out but just with a different form number), then another 5 months to tell us that everything was all set for that step. After that, it took them 3 months to say that we could now actually apply for the visa (because spending all that time and money was to apply to apply for the visa), but the site connected to the link they sent me doesn't work properly, and upon calling them they told me that it's because they have a backlog and have not been able to fully upload all of the information yet.

Comment

Understand how computers work in Government systems..remember they buy them from the lowest bidder and I have seen how one system can not speak to another. Once when dealing with such a system(They messed up my stuff) and I had to go in personally. The Manager had to print out my information and go to another station to input it manually into the other system.
                              Because the two systems could not communicate with each other,being from different manufactures that won the bidding for supply.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                                I just figure the mail system runs pretty much like the rest of the government does. My wife and I have been waiting for almost two years for her visa stuff to happen. It took them 9 months to tell us that we didn't fill out a certain form (which, by the way, was identical to a form we did fill out but just with a different form number), then another 5 months to tell us that everything was all set for that step. After that, it took them 3 months to say that we could now actually apply for the visa (because spending all that time and money was to apply to apply for the visa), but the site connected to the link they sent me doesn't work properly, and upon calling them they told me that it's because they have a backlog and have not been able to fully upload all of the information yet.
                                All things regarding uscis is just... painful. Just all kinds of painful.

Comment

Working...
                                X