Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    I need to stay out of the 15 kids thread. It's making me furious.
    Yep I said my piece early on and checked in on it a few mins ago and turned right around and left. But I have a feeling another thread is going to get me a little angry. I do have a problem with keeping my mouth shut sometimes though. Well see how I do.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Well here's an odd change. My mother is angry with me and my father is happy and proud. My mother has decided my new career is dangerously stupid and wants me to go back to university for my PH.D, my father says I'm amazing for the courage to not only doing what I want but pissing off my mother in the process.... parents are weird and irritating sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiesha'ra View Post
        Well here's an odd change. My mother is angry with me and my father is happy and proud. My mother has decided my new career is dangerously stupid and wants me to go back to university for my PH.D, my father says I'm amazing for the courage to not only doing what I want but pissing off my mother in the process.... parents are weird and irritating sometimes.
        As long as you do what you love and get enough money for it - go for it!
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I came very close to running over a truck driver with a 6 ton forklift today. While loading his truck, he felt it was important to try to discuss with me how this town is going to crap because of "All those blacks and Ricans popping out runs like rabbits". Some days I just can't stand being around the people that I work with or have to deal with on a regular basis.

Comment

We just got the date for our final grammar exam. January 2nd. That's a f* saturday! The saturday just after new year... they really don't like us, do they? -.- I don't object to it being so close to new year. I do object to taking an exam on a saturday. The school is locked up. It's officially in our vacation too... plus we're entitled to saturday and sunday off...
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              We just got the date for our final grammar exam. January 2nd. That's a f* saturday! The saturday just after new year... they really don't like us, do they? -.- I don't object to it being so close to new year. I do object to taking an exam on a saturday. The school is locked up. It's officially in our vacation too... plus we're entitled to saturday and sunday off...
              We had a similar story last year. In the end the teachers didn't move the exam to another day, but put it in a later hour in the schedule. And another story when there was an exam on Saturday. In the end it was on Sunday since the week starts on Sunday here. Don't worry, this is going to be okay.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm sick of anxiety. Mine is very dependent on my stress levels... it has been getting better over vacation. back to school, BAM it's back! I was in bed when I suddenly started feeling weird, within minutes I feel like I have to throw up, I'm shivering and crying, my throat gets tight and my heat is pounding like crazy. All, I realize as I detach myself from my body and go 'what the heck are you doing?' (Yea, I've gotten so used to it now that I can look on quite calmly as I go through the motions of panicking. Weird, don't really know how to explain it. I kind of split myself up), because I'm nervous about grammar tomorrow 'cause I'm pretty bad at it and my teacher is pretty good at making me feel stupid. That's it. Really, why do I need a panic attack for that? Why can't I just be mildly nervous, or not care like a normal person -.-?
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Iris, I'm so sorry you have to go through that. Anxiety is horrible. *hug*
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Oh, Iris. Anxiety is awful. So sorry you are suffering!

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                      Iris, I'm so sorry you have to go through that. Anxiety is horrible. *hug*
                      Thanks. Hugs makes everything better. anxiety sucks... it's been much worse than it is now though, so that's a bright side.
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Thanks. Hugs makes everything better. anxiety sucks... it's been much worse than it is now though, so that's a bright side.
                        I can relate on some level, I had horrible anxiety for about 2 years straight....I even had a panic/anxiety attack during the first dance of my wedding. I'm glad that it at least is "better" than in the past.

Rant wise, I am just so sick of dealing with these family members. My sister in law is deluded, my brother is allowing her pathological lies to ruin everyone's lives, and now my mom is allowing them to upset her to the point she's taking it out on me. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I've been involved in very severe arguments/fights that should just NOT have happened, and I'm just so over it.
                        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                          I had horrible anxiety for about 2 years straight....I even had a panic/anxiety attack during the first dance of my wedding. I'm glad that it at least is "better" than in the past.

Rant wise, I am just so sick of dealing with these family members. My sister in law is deluded, my brother is allowing her pathological lies to ruin everyone's lives, and now my mom is allowing them to upset her to the point she's taking it out on me. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I've been involved in very severe arguments/fights that should just NOT have happened, and I'm just so over it.
                          I've had it for just about 2 years too, I think. That I'm getting married in a month doesn't lessen the nerves. I hope I won't do that too... well nothing much to do about it when it happens, huh? I'm sorry about yours too.

Wow that's awful... and just Ignoring stuff like that is easier said than done.
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I'm sick of anxiety. Mine is very dependent on my stress levels... it has been getting better over vacation. back to school, BAM it's back! I was in bed when I suddenly started feeling weird, within minutes I feel like I have to throw up, I'm shivering and crying, my throat gets tight and my heat is pounding like crazy. All, I realize as I detach myself from my body and go 'what the heck are you doing?' (Yea, I've gotten so used to it now that I can look on quite calmly as I go through the motions of panicking. Weird, don't really know how to explain it. I kind of split myself up), because I'm nervous about grammar tomorrow 'cause I'm pretty bad at it and my teacher is pretty good at making me feel stupid. That's it. Really, why do I need a panic attack for that? Why can't I just be mildly nervous, or not care like a normal person -.-?
                            For a long time I was so bad I couldn't leave the house - just the thought made me curl up and shake. My wife also has "the problem" and both of my kids have inherited it.

I know what you are going through, and you have my best wishes.

Have you seen a doctor? I take pills (Zoloft, huge dose), and the problem is pretty much gone... Unless I forget to take them for two days...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              For a long time I was so bad I couldn't leave the house - just the thought made me curl up and shake. My wife also has "the problem" and both of my kids have inherited it.

I know what you are going through, and you have my best wishes.

Have you seen a doctor? I take pills (Zoloft, huge dose), and the problem is pretty much gone... Unless I forget to take them for two days...
                              Seriously, at least half the people I talk to have problems with it... that's pretty horrible. I'm sorry for you all.
                              Thank you. Yes I see my doctor about it when it gets too bad. I would rather not medicate for it, though I understand why you do. But I have fought it for a long time, and it has gotten a lot better. I function properly mostly. For me I do believe I can beat it, it just takes soooo much hard work.
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I'm sorry you have to pass through this. -hugs- Try not to pay attention at the teacher, I know it's hard but try to. If you need to talk - I'm here.

Comment

Working...
                                X