Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=8.msg2205#msg2205 date=1286997450]
    *thalassa would like to point out, that while EXTREMELY unlikely, it is technically possible to become pregnant while on one's period...but that it would require extenuating circumstances involving short cycle time, and long-lived sperm.
    [/quote]

I just skipped past the preggar likelihoods. "Boyfriend didn't protect me" and "could I be pregnant?" That was enough for me to get a picture in my head, of a neophyte - not knowing anything about what she's doing. Or even aware of any of the possible consequences.

Quite un-PC of me. Typical, really.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Must. Not. Scratch. STITCHES. Goddammit.
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I really, really, REALLY wish my roommate had gotten a female setter to show rather than a male. This constant whining and barking crap when the miniature pinscher bitches go into heat is getting terribly old. A setter can't even mount a min-pin, for hell's sake! Dogs are supposed to increase your life span, not shorten it with stress, dammit. Not to mention the guilt of having to chide the dog for being horny.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg2207#msg2207 date=1286997847]
          I just skipped past the preggar likelihoods. "Boyfriend didn't protect me" and "could I be pregnant?" That was enough for me to get a picture in my head, of a neophyte - not knowing anything about what she's doing. Or even aware of any of the possible consequences.
          [/quote]

lol...I did womens health for a while while I was in the military...and gave quite a few sex ed talks in general, you'd probably no be surprised to know that hearing something like that would not surprise me......the amount of idiocy regarding sex in this country rivals the amount of idiocy on just about any topic other than brand names and celebrity gossip.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=8.msg2245#msg2245 date=1287002388]
            lol...I did womens health for a while while I was in the military...and gave quite a few sex ed talks in general, you'd probably no be surprised to know that hearing something like that would not surprise me......the amount of idiocy regarding sex in this country rivals the amount of idiocy on just about any topic other than brand names and celebrity gossip.
            [/quote]

I blame abstinence-only. They only focus on STDs or pregnancy, and that's assuming they go so far as to explain how menstrual cycles work in that scheme. I went to a high school where they taught you can't get pregnant while on your period.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

[quote author=Caelia link=topic=8.msg2249#msg2249 date=1287002864]
              I went to a high school where they taught you can't get pregnant while on your period.
              [/quote]

lol, I on the other hand had a mother that was a nurse--I don't remember know knowing about the human body as well as baby making in general....but once she became the head nurse of a pediatric unit, after her first 11 year old with an ectopic pregnancy, I got a full education and regular reminders...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Clive link=topic=8.msg2211#msg2211 date=1286998643]
                I really, really, REALLY wish my roommate had gotten a female setter to show rather than a male. This constant whining and barking crap when the miniature pinscher bitches go into heat is getting terribly old. A setter can't even mount a min-pin, for hell's sake! Dogs are supposed to increase your life span, not shorten it with stress, dammit. Not to mention the guilt of having to chide the dog for being horny.
                [/quote]
                ... Me and my parents had that problem last year, and have it again. Mainly because the male dog is not fixed.... and we can't afford to fix him right now.
                ...Well, that and my dad is a jerk who hogs all his money for his stupid flippin' race car and my mom is stuck paying all the bills.
                Anyways, I feel your pain. So... much. It's especially annoying when you're trying to sleep and you have both dogs on your bed and the male dog is being horny, while the female dog is not interested (she's also fixed. She was fixed before we got her. >_&gt

Speaking about my dad:
                I hate my dad. I really do. He's a jerk, and doesn't give a flying crap about anyone or anything other than his race car. He gets more money in his job than my mom does and she is the one stuck paying all the bills. He also harps at me to get a job but we live in... like, the suburbs. We DO NOT live in town or in the city; the nearest bus stop from where we live is probably an hour or 2 walking wise. The closest working places, in walking distance, is probably 45 minutes to an hour... however, one is seasonal and the other is not ALSO, my parents work VERY early in the morning. My mother leaves for work around 5:30am and returns from work at 2:45/3:00pm. My father leaves for work around 6:30/7:00am and arrives home at 4:00pm. The best I can get for a shift, if I find a job, is an evening shift.
                My mom told me that she never got a job until she was 23. (She lived in Ripples... it's kind of like the place where we live now. There's not many job opportunities around there or here.) When my father first got a job, it was handy because he lived around the city and could easily get one where his mother worked.
                When my dad harps at me about it, it makes me feel like I'm lazy when in reality, I'm not. There's simply not a lot of opportunities and while I could try to get my dad to understand that, I know it wouldn't work.

Due to his stupid attitude about not caring about anyone else but him and his stupid race car, we once lost the Internet AND the phone. I was going crazy because I nearly lose all contact with my friends, and had NO WAY of communicating with anyone if something happened here in the house while my parents were gone. It scared the living shit out of me because... what would I do if something happened? What would I do with the animals and such? And the more I thought about it the more I thought that my dad didn't care about what happened to me, my mom, or the pets...

Recently, we were starting to run out of food and my mom noticed it... and my dad was getting paid the next day. So she thought she could perhaps buy some. She mentioned the shortage of food, and my dad said: "And we have another week to go through" My mom replied with: "....Uh, Chuck... that's not going to work."
                There's 3 people in the house, and 3 pets. :|

He also makes my mother transfer over money she has left over... like, once, she had 9 dollars. He told her to transfer it over to either his account or the joint account. Also, whenever he does lend her money to get groceries, he tells her that when she gets paid next, she has to put her money into his account. He also once sold my mother's Sunfire and used the money from it, HER money, to buy that stupid race car.

He also once bitched at me for crying over the fact I had no communication with my friends, which only made me bawl even worst. (This was when we lost the Internet and phone)

asdpkfneonekotynotrornyhohuynotonuo
                ...This turned out longer than I expected. >_>
                Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

Seriously...I just modified 9 snacked posts.

Only to realize that three of them are ones that had been snacked and I had already replaced.

ouawebuklhubklhvgrwelonvweoyn;on; you forum.
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=8.msg2205#msg2205 date=1286997450]
                    *thalassa would like to point out, that while EXTREMELY unlikely, it is technically possible to become pregnant while on one's period...but that it would require extenuating circumstances involving short cycle time, and long-lived sperm.
                    [/quote]
                    ... I learned something new today. ;D I'm going to have to keep that in mind for later years just so I won't freak out.

I wish my mouse would stop being dumb. :c

Comment

LuciaStar, I can relate. It sounds like you live in my family in another location. *hugs*
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                      surrounded by plush, downy things,
                      ill prepared, but willing,
                      to descend."

Comment

my. fucking. head.hurts.

Comment

[quote author=Caelia link=topic=8.msg2284#msg2284 date=1287007630]
                          LuciaStar, I can relate. It sounds like you live in my family in another location. *hugs*
                          [/quote]
                          *hugs back*
                          It's definitely not a fun environment to be in. D; As much as I hate my dad, he's still my dad but I would love to move out... hence why I want a job. To help my mother pay the bills, and to help save money with my mom to move out. D;

Comment

Passive aggressive neighbors suck, and I am surrounded by them. I don't understand, everyone on this floor is older than me, wouldn't it be cool to actually act like adults?
                            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

... I hate facebook drama.

Comment

[quote author=LuciaStar link=topic=8.msg2591#msg2591 date=1287074218]
                                ... I hate facebook drama.
                                [/quote]

Omit "facebook" and I wholeheartedly agree.

I have to omit facebook, from the sentence. It's not *just* the drama on fb that I can't stand. Heh.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X