THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

So, fuck any aspirations to a fulfilling life. I'm going to go back to drinking & live out my days as hotel night auditor for a rundown failing heap here in the desert.

Please, Gods, let me die quietly at home of cirrhosis or alcohol poisoning and not at work.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
      After a week with only tiny bits of white flour, and very little carbs at all...I was putting together furniture, and so L got pizza.

I had bloating, a tummy ache, upsets...seriously? All this because of white flour? I'm still having after affects this morning, combined with a massive headache. What the heck?
      Mebbe not...

Its been my experience that ANY time I significantly change my diet for around a week or more, and then "go back" (even just for a meal, particularly if its a non-healthy one), that I have the same experience until its out of my system.

Think about it this way...the bacteria in your gut live about an average of 5 days (3-10 depending on which of the 800 species you have present in your gut), and what you eat determines which bacteria are favored--some bacteria prefer plant matter, others fats, etc. If you have cultivated the bacteria that prefer one form of food, and then suddenly switch to something else, its either not being digested, not being digested efficiently, or being digested differently (producing different byproducts), all of which affect your body.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Mebbe not...

Its been my experience that ANY time I significantly change my diet for around a week or more, and then "go back" (even just for a meal, particularly if its a non-healthy one), that I have the same experience until its out of my system.

Think about it this way...the bacteria in your gut live about an average of 5 days (3-10 depending on which of the 800 species you have present in your gut), and what you eat determines which bacteria are favored--some bacteria prefer plant matter, others fats, etc. If you have cultivated the bacteria that prefer one form of food, and then suddenly switch to something else, its either not being digested, not being digested efficiently, or being digested differently (producing different byproducts), all of which affect your body.
        That's entirely possible, Thal...basically the same reason people who don't eat beans regularly end up with issues, while I don't. The thing that caught me off guard, though, was that I didn't cut it out entirely. Wasn't expecting stomach pain and sudden weight gain from something I just hadn't had much of recently, so it surprised me.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

This is one of those days where I can't tell if I should link to derailing for dummies or pull out my anti-feminist bingo card on facebook.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Why wont he listen
            They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
            Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
            -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Ok, why am I getting yelled at for the laptop left in a dark chair in a dark room? I didn't see when i went to sit down, nor did I look because...you know...computers don't belong in chairs unattended. And yet I'M irresponsible...you keep that mentality up...
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

I shoulda rolled a mage.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Do not lie. Especially when someone can PROVE you are! It only makes you look dumb.
                  sigpic

Comment

OH SNAP! Gotta leave for work in 6 hours! >_<
                    Sleep with risk of oversleeping or caffeine rampage?
                    I hate Mondays.
                    And now I will express a quote in mime...

Comment

Damn I didn't 'spring' foreword
                      They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                      Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                      -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

My back is STILL killing me. It's been a week. *groan*

Comment

OMG did I really sleep this long?! Crap I have things I need to do!
                          -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                            Damn I didn't 'spring' foreword
                            I set all the clocks in the house (micowave, kitchen, thermostat,etc) EXCEPT my own alarm clock.
                            What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I had such an awful weekend with the time change. I had insomnia last night.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Fuck you dad. You say I eat like a pig but think for abit, when was the last time I asked for lunch money? Or breakfast stuff? So I eat one meal per day which usually consists of the leftovers you bring home. Im the pig but I eat leftovers you hide chips and soup and gods know what else and throw a fit when I find them. You know what? Im always hungry, im always alone, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I FUCKING HATE YOU, YOU FUCKING BASTARD ASS, MOTHER FUCKING BITCH!!! Why? Why? Why? Why do you like her son better? Why do you like them better? Why when you go to dinner with them I don't get to go? Id like nothing more than to be left alone but no matter how much it turns my guts and burns my soul I need you. Why is everything my fault? Its my fault you can't make rent, its my fault all your girlfriends left you, its all my fault- according to you. I hate you so much and you don't even belive me
                                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X