Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
    Not the best little while. It really upsets me that Dale has had to fight my battles.
    Seems to me that Dale was fighting his own battle with the obnoxious twit, not fighting yours.

But, on the other hand, if it's a 'defending your honor' and putting-her-in-her-place kind of comeuppance that he dished out? That still, to be honest, isn't fighting your battle as much as it's defending his decision to be with you. He's no moron - he won't be swayed, he won't be changing his mind or singing some new tune just because she says to. She says "jump" and he replies "piss off!" That's not your to-do. That's her poking her nose into HIS life, and he won't have it.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I love being told how I'm heartless because I was going to let a whimpering puppy go back to sleep. I also love how this was done behind my back. Never mind it's ill-advised to answer their every whimper! Yeah, who's heartless?
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Ok, four toilets exist in this house. Not a single plunger between any of these toilets! WTH? Who the hell decided it's a good idea to not have a plunger for each toilet!?
        my etsy store
        My blog

to descend."

Comment

omg no more hot dogs
          Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
            omg no more hot dogs
            noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I went to bed at 1am last night, and I woke up at 4:30 wide awake. 20 hours of daylight...I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate you.

Mostly art.

Comment

There are tons of other food packages of stuff you normally eat. I'm the only one who eats gluten-free and organic foods because no one else has the same ideas I do about that (being gluten-intolerant and all).

So why in the name of sanity is my food always gobbled up by everyone but me? If you think organic is a sham don't eat it. Eat the cheesesticks that have been in the freezer for months now. If you believe gluten-free is a sham and you know I'm gluten-intolerant (whether you agree or not is immaterial at this point) then don't eat the food that says "gluten-free" in big bold letters. I'll refer you back to the cheesesticks and even the new package of breaded fish. Now you're not going to like the nasty shit I pull with my packaged food.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

L is routinely being passed over for Employee of the Month at job #1, even though it's supposed to be performance based, and his stats are some of the best on the call floor.

Went to HR yesterday, and asked them for confidentiality, and what he needed to be doing better, since he doesn't care that much about the award, but since it's supposed to be states he wanted to know if there was something he was doing wrong.

Got a talking-to this morning from his manager about his "attitude" with the other employees. Yes, the man isn't a social butterfly...but he actually WORKS, and takes calls while the people you're handing out awards to chit-chat and find excuses to stay off the phones.

Grrr...

I want him to get a better job so hard my teeth hurt.
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Apparently I'm ignorant and prejudiced because I believe that the belief that homosexuality is wrong is born out of ignorance and misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      Apparently I'm ignorant and prejudiced because I believe that the belief that homosexuality is wrong is born out of ignorance and misunderstanding.
                      In which case, I think I'm damn proud to be ignorant and prejudiced, lol.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                        L is routinely being passed over for Employee of the Month at job #1, even though it's supposed to be performance based, and his stats are some of the best on the call floor.

Went to HR yesterday, and asked them for confidentiality, and what he needed to be doing better, since he doesn't care that much about the award, but since it's supposed to be states he wanted to know if there was something he was doing wrong.

Got a talking-to this morning from his manager about his "attitude" with the other employees. Yes, the man isn't a social butterfly...but he actually WORKS, and takes calls while the people you're handing out awards to chit-chat and find excuses to stay off the phones.

Grrr...

I want him to get a better job so hard my teeth hurt.
                        I can share my "Doesn't play well with others" award with him. I got it for pointing out that employees shouldn't be considered employees simply because they hang out there a lot.

Prison guards hang out in prisons all the time, that doesn't make them convicted criminals. "Employees" have signed a sort of contract to trade their labor for some measure of recompense - if they don't provide the labor, they haven't held up their end of the agreement. If they haven't held up their end of the labor agreement, they aren't "employees". They're just well-paid paper weights.

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        I love that logic! (/sarcasm)

Which of the three people, in question, is the ignorant one?
                        Person 1 - that chose a so-called "alternative lifestyle"?
                        Person 2 - that understands how much of a euphemism "alternative lifestyle" is?
                        Or Person 3 - that realizes we are all unique, individual people, each with our own choices and decisions?

Honestly. There's not enough information to reach a conclusion. And fighting about it is even less than pointless.

I hear I'm ignorant because I think racists are ignorant, I'm bigoted because I detest gay-bashing asshats and I'm a sociopath because I seriously can't stand people because of the stupidity shown by such a vast majority of the human race?

Fine. I'm an ignorant, bigoted sociopath. Stay out of kicking range!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My name is Dumuzi, and I think homosexual relations are wrong.
                          [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                            My name is Dumuzi, and I think homosexual relations are wrong.
                            That's it!?!

You holy roll me for hours and hours to the wee morning but all they get is one lousy sentence?!

Sheesh.

Comment

Why is it my brother is exempt from taking care of the puppy? I had 3 hours of sleep when you woke me up to "take care of him". Screw that! I understand I'm awake at night these days, but he is too. He can leave his WoW game for 5 minutes to take care of this little guy. He'll be 30 in June, so if he doesn't understand that then he's a hopeless cause.

And don't pull the bs of "I'm more responsible". You wouldn't tell me how irresponsible I am all those other times if you really thought so. You're not exactly tiger parents, so I can see what this is really about: you think because I'm female I'm by default more nurturing. Thank the gods for spiritual family and being raised by other people's parents!
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

to descend."

Comment

A slight rant. My friend and I are going out tomorrow. This is the FIRST time I am going to a restaurant and eating while still being on my meal plan guideline. We were going one place and so I spent an hour looking at all the possible places and trying to get on-line nutritional info on them. Then come to find tonight another change of plans. To the mall we go. So now I've spent the last hour reading the CPK menu. It's stressful, but this is what I just have to do. I'm probably being harder on myself then needed. But it's not just about calories any more for me. I now realize with the lowering of my carbs per meal what I can take. If I have to much it's not just my bg that will spike. It's the feeling after now. I am now suddenly sensitive to too many carbs at once. I get lethargic and sleepy! And I really enjoy having more energy as of late. So after the hour it's these two mini craving plates (because I don't need to have my whole meal there. I will eat again when I get home) bbq korean tacos and wedge salad. I don't mind eating the calories. I just don't want to go nuts on carbs and fat. So yeah. I sent myself an e-mail with the info so I won't be tempted to get something else once I get there.

This is so damn tedious.

Comment

Working...
                                X