THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I love how many still hold the idea that just because something is very old literature that it's more sophisticated. Never mind that it's chocked full of the same "toilet humor" at which they scoff, or that most of it was written at a time most people couldn't read so that narrows down the specific class for which it's meant, or even how that's simply proper writing form for the time. In their head people weren't "dirty-minded" because that ruins much of their worldview. Or, what I really suspect, they just can't understand what on earth they're reading so it has to be "smart".

*headdesk*
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Wish I had a rant, but I'm ok w/my fat & I love dirty classical literature
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Oh, Perze. You have a lot of rants to share. You just don't feel up to it, right?

Also, for some strange reason, risque classical literature and extra body mass seem to go quite well together. I mean, the anorexic pron is a modern contrivance, I think. Chatterly was no bolemic, after all. Hmm, maybe it isn't strange that classical and larger seem connected. I don't know. But the two do seem to go hand in hand, so to speak.

And, lastly, my rant: Dammit! Now I know I missed a day, with my meds. I got heartburn, indigestion, way cocked-up sleep, bizarre dreams and an unrelenting desire to kill somebody. Um, let's call it "Monday"!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Ok, yeah, I do have a rant. At myself. For my own assumptions and stupidity.

The last time my doc prescribed my blood pressure meds, I was supposed to take 2 a day. I assumed the scrip for this time around was the same, and for some reason my brain did not register that it didn't seem like there were 60 pills in the bottle. So when I went to refill it, the pharmacy tells me, "Oh, your insurance says it's too early to fill these"... and on the pharmacy website was the first place that I saw the instructions were now saying, 'Take 1 pill daily' & 'Quantity: 30'.

So I have to call the insurance tomorrow and somehow convince them that I'm not selling half my blood pressure meds or something - or see if the pharmacy will let me get my refill if I pay out-of-pocket for it.

FML!!! :::stupidstupidstupid:::
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            And, lastly, my rant: Dammit! Now I know I missed a day, with my meds. I got heartburn, indigestion, way cocked-up sleep, bizarre dreams and an unrelenting desire to kill somebody. Um, let's call it "Monday"!
            I can sympathize with you there, man. My sleeping patterns have completely reversed, I haven't had a normal dream in weeks and my urge to destroy things and people has been skyrocketing lately. I have a couple hypotheses as to why...the most logical explanation I've been able to come up with is that as my weight goes down, my testosterone level is probably going up. That's about the best I can come up with. The second explanation is that the stupid, stupid, stupid decisions a certain friend of mine has been making lately have managed to knock out my "neutral" mode, set everything off balance and woken up the "I WILL F**KING END YOU" portion of my brain. Either way
            "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
            -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
            without his weapons of war;
            for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
            of a spear on the way without.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              Ok, yeah, I do have a rant. At myself. For my own assumptions and stupidity.

The last time my doc prescribed my blood pressure meds, I was supposed to take 2 a day. I assumed the scrip for this time around was the same, and for some reason my brain did not register that it didn't seem like there were 60 pills in the bottle. So when I went to refill it, the pharmacy tells me, "Oh, your insurance says it's too early to fill these"... and on the pharmacy website was the first place that I saw the instructions were now saying, 'Take 1 pill daily' & 'Quantity: 30'.

So I have to call the insurance tomorrow and somehow convince them that I'm not selling half my blood pressure meds or something - or see if the pharmacy will let me get my refill if I pay out-of-pocket for it.

FML!!! :::stupidstupidstupid:::
              Oh shit!!

That would be one of mine, but only because of the tiny-assed writing on the bottle. I can't read that! 1 QD? PRN? Hell if I know!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I was the only waitress again tonight from 2-10:30pm. And we were slammed busy.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I absolutely hate this being alone crap.......I feel out of place.
                  )0(

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
                  Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
                  It's okay not to be okay...
                  Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
                  Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
                  Just be true to who you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi0P0is0n View Post
                    I absolutely hate this being alone crap.......I feel out of place.
                    It gets easier hunny. You just need to find something that makes you happy. Art does it for me. X
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I need people is what I need, people like me.
                      )0(

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
                      Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
                      It's okay not to be okay...
                      Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
                      Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
                      Just be true to who you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi0P0is0n View Post
                        I need people is what I need, people like me.
                        I went through that when I lived with Azazel *hugs*
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

I keep dreaming about my dead cat. To the point, the other cat woke me up, and I thought it was the cat that died back in January. Not only that, I keep hearing him making the meow he used to do when something was not to his liking.

I haven't a clue what's got his soul in an uproar or even what the hell he's still doing on this plane, but he's gotta shut up he's driving me bonkers.

Comment

I am running late... X
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGarnetRose View Post
                              I keep dreaming about my dead cat. To the point, the other cat woke me up, and I thought it was the cat that died back in January. Not only that, I keep hearing him making the meow he used to do when something was not to his liking.

I haven't a clue what's got his soul in an uproar or even what the hell he's still doing on this plane, but he's gotta shut up he's driving me bonkers.
                              I regularly dream about my cat Ian and my dog Gabrielle. They both died when I was about in my late 20s. Still to this day those dreams are so real....
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Damn I just failed my hearing test. Right ear is kaput for the most part and I only got one tone right with the left one. Now I get to meet a new doctor hot damn.
                                Should have started wearing ear protection(shooting firearms) sooner then I did.
                                Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
                                X