Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    My bad tooth is acting up so bad. I had to stay home from work. I've been trying to sleep the pain away. It's like a vice in my ear. Even touching my hair hurts.
    Clove oil (if you can get it at a pharmacy or some place with a pharmacy section) on a cotton ball should help numb it a bit. Dentists used to use it to numb an area where they worked.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
      Clove oil (if you can get it at a pharmacy or some place with a pharmacy section) on a cotton ball should help numb it a bit. Dentists used to use it to numb an area where they worked.
      Powdered clove in a tea bag or cheesecloth can be used as a poultice to draw out an abscess, too. The results are disgusting, but the pain relief is worth it.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I am livid. I have an expensive mic that I bought so I could start recording vocals and post songs on youtube. The original intent was because I sing a lot of karaoke.

Well... it stopped working. Mysteriously. And I can't get it to work. I can't find the receipt (I only bought it a few months ago) and I can't remember where I bought it from. I have searched high and low on google and interwebssss for any type of solution. It's not the cable, it's not the driver (it doesn't use drivers). I'm at a loss. I can't take it apart because it's a goddamn solid brick. I'm sure there's a warranty but I have no way of cashing it in. FML

I need a new mic.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Not an angry rant, but I'm just so confounded by the stupidity I must vent somewhere.

People, if you are a saccharine-sweet whitelighter please, please, PLEASE understand what you are linking to before you do it. Ice Cube's "It Was a Good Day" is not about how wonderful life is per se. He's a gangsta rapper who is tackling things in that song that aren't so positive, such as the relief that he isn't getting hassled by the police or he doesn't really have an urge to get violent. You get the implication? If not, understand that's part of his daily life in that song. And really, really look up the lyrics and check out the last part of the song. He negates it all with "what the f**k am I thinking about?"

*facepalms*
          my etsy store
          My blog

to descend."

Comment

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I was almost asleep when some asshat called my phone. I don't even recognize it. Ass...

And no, I didn't answer. I don't answer numbers I don't know.
              my etsy store
              My blog

to descend."

Comment

You know, my vocabulary isn't all that extensive. So when I have to add words to any word processing program like "ruinate" or "promulgate" I worry a bit. That means on average the mean vocabulary is worse than mine.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you do use terms that aren't commonly used by the public at large and sometimes use familiar terms for purposes that while valid are also rarely seen. The fact that you're adding terms to a word processor, though disturbing, isn't quite insane to consider.
                  Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

But "promulgate" is still widely used
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

I nearly died today. I made a post about it, and a summer cold got a comment, even though mine did not. It might be petty of me, but I'm still fairly annoyed at the order of importance some things receive in this forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

I don't always translate medical terminology automatically and my understanding of allergic reactions is finite. Granted the fact the fact that you had to use a med-pen in response to a wasp should have clued me in on the fact that it was a severe issue but I wasn't really thinking and even that wouldn't instantly jump from 'holy fuck, not good' to 'holy fuck, we almost lost V'. My apologies for failing to think about the post in question long enough to translate it and realize the severity of the situation.
                        Last edited by MaskedOne; 05 Aug 2011, 20:32.
                        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm sorry you almost died I've noticed a lot of posts don't show up in the feed and I suspect that's part of it.

That said, having to carry an epi-pen on you at all times is scary and sucky. My sister had to in high school because they wouldn't do anything about their mold problem except deny it existed. She was hospitalized A LOT for it.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Sorry about your almost dying. I didn't see that post, otherwise I would have commented.
                            Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              I nearly died today. I made a post about it, and a summer cold got a comment, even though mine did not. It might be petty of me, but I'm still fairly annoyed at the order of importance some things receive in this forum.

Unfortunately, timing is everything. I commented, just about 3 minutes ago. Since I haven't been online, here, for many hours, it sort of looks like "way after the fact". But it really was immediate... upon my arrival.

Many *hugs*!!

---------------------------------------------------

And Caelia? Promulgate? I haven't seen that word in use for over a decade. More like two. And I've never actually HEARD it used. I've only seen it in writing.

What I find stunning about that is how often I am vilified for being too verbose, as well as too erudite... and you bring up a word that I have had VERY little exposure to in the last 15-20 years. Can I send these whiners your way?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Ask Dumuzi about not commonly used words. Apparently he knows all of them and how to place them in the triple word spots as well. :frustrated:
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X