THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

My best friends grandad died last night. He was such a fun loving and vibrant old man who always stank of cigarettes. Everytime I went to see him with Ruth he was yelling at the TV over the football or something but would stop to say hi and hug us then turn back into an angry old man again.
    I wish the world hadn't taken him away... x
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
      Since I'm at home all day, and L's gone so much, I've been trying to get some babysitting worked out so that I could make a little extra money.

Two ladies both set up appointments to come and meet me today, both were no-shows. No call to cancel, nothing! For gosh sakes people, I'm providing a service...would you do the same to your hairdresser?
      that really sucks, and is apparently pretty common, from talking to our babysitter...along with not paying on time, etc...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I woke up at 4:30am to my neighbour throwing a house party. ...when I say neighbour, I mean our houses touch each other, so I could hear her through the walls AND from my patio window.

WHO THROWS HOUSE PARTIES ON THURSDAYS AT 4:30AM. >:-(

Mostly art.

Comment

So, when you pick up and recoil a 100 foot hose remember to bend with your knees not your hips... Ow

Comment

busted my leg falling down a manhole at the park. fuck my life.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
              busted my leg falling down a manhole at the park. fuck my life.
              ouch!

are you okay?
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

WTF?!?

LGR, Liadan? Knock that shit off!!

I'm already in enough pain for the lot of us, k? No need to create more.

*hugs* to you both!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

OUCH Liadan!!! Hope you get better quick.

Chain,

Oy I wish, it was my own stupid fault, I know better, I SO know better, but was so peeved and ticked off and now I'm dealing with a thrown out back on top of the normal BS.

Comment

*HUGS* Guys owie. X
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

Ok, y'all. Mercury is in retrograde til the 26th. Please take care in your daily affairs. No more of this falling down, getting stung, throwing out your backs, getting tonsillitis & summer colds - or missing appointments.

Just... stay inside on the couch & watch some t.v. or something.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Nothing more fucking annoying than having your phone calls ignored and your texts ignored. It makes me so fucking angry! I ALWAYS reply to people and I think that if you recieve a call or text you should have the courtesy to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                          Nothing more fucking annoying than having your phone calls ignored and your texts ignored. It makes me so fucking angry! I ALWAYS reply to people and I think that if you recieve a call or text you should have the courtesy to reply.

Try having friends you've had for years, gone to several of your birthday celebrations in the past, etc. not even bother to phone you happy birthday. That's always a great way to feel ignored too. Then when you try to address it get dismissed about how it's just facebook, all the while when you've made it clear you're talking about THEM.

As for the forum injuries/illnesses: yeah, quit that. Hole yourself up somewhere with bubble wrap.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

Wallpaper steamer over-heated and stopped working mid wall, laptop wouldn't play itunes properly, lamp fell and smashed, cat knocked over and broke an ornament.. all in the space of an hour!!!! I had to laugh, it was that or cry!
                            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

One evening with my boyfriend. Just one is all I ask. I can't even friggin' have that without all my electronics crapping themselves.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys... I wish I knew if my leg was okay but it is so swollen and hurts so bad I can't fit my foot in my work shoe. I called my doctor to ask if I can get an xray of my leg. With HealthPlus(my health insurance company) you have to call for permission before going to ER or Med express unless it is a true life threatening emergency. So I tell him what happened to my leg and his first question is "what health insurance do you have" I tell him I have HealthPlus (which isn't really great) and he says "you don't need an xray". So if I would have said "I have Blue Cross Blue Shield" you would have said "yes ma'am get your butt to the ER and get an xray"... asshole! So what I wanna know is why the fuck am I paying $140 a month for health insurance that doesn't allow me to get healthcare?! And why is my doctor more interested in which healthcare plan I have then ME his patient?! I'm so pissed off right now I could scream. America you are sick... hope you have Blue Cross Blue Shield.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X