Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

migrants:What to do...Europe needs to decide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: migrants:What to do...Europe needs to decide.

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Heard that about ISIS or what ever their name is now sneaking in with the crowd...
    People around here are really pushing that idea. They're loading up on even more ammo and of course, they're blaming Pres. Obama for letting "his" terrorists in.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Dumb Americans,if they elect Trump,the will get what they deserve.....I think a clue hammer is needed....also now a push to allow selling our oil outside our country,cause you see that will make gas cost less...Sigh..stupid is as stupid does...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The right wing fear machine has really ramped up xenophobia in the Western nations. It'll be interesting to see how long before it boils over with the influx of refugees. Hate is powerful.

Also Trump will not win the election as he has no hope with the Latino vote.

Comment

I think a lot of people though are also buying into the idea of sympathy which gets played upon a lot. Something like 75 - 80 percent of the so called refugee's are men aged 20 - 30, women and children account for the rest. No one can prove that all the so called refugee's are actually Syrian either as there are more and more non-Syrian's in the mix to include Afgans, and Africans. People are asking why many of the Muslim nations are not taking more even as they are stating they do not want any more terrorist in their countries.

That's not even counting the many situations now where the refugee's are screaming Allah Akbar and waving flags of ISIS or even other nations. Nope all the focus is upon invading Europe and the Western countries right now. In some ways being compared to a new Muslim Spring type movement because you can bet your bottom dollar that doing this prior to winter hitting in these areas is going to push all resources to their breaking point.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

There should be a system in place to deal with these the influx of people. There should be compassion. But there should also be a hard line. Islam doesn't exactly have the greatest track record right now.

The vast, vast majority of these people are regular folk from a destabilized region BUT there's going to be that one extremist who blows something up and the fuse will light in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
              There should be a system in place to deal with these the influx of people. There should be compassion. But there should also be a hard line. Islam doesn't exactly have the greatest track record right now.

The vast, vast majority of these people are regular folk from a destabilized region BUT there's going to be that one extremist who blows something up and the fuse will light in Europe.
              What's bad is all of this refugee surge is right out of some known playbooks for overwhelming a nation and sending it into chaos. I recall it was an aspect of Communism at one point and part of their play book. Historically it's not really unknown to Islam either when you look at the historical surge and retreat of Islam into Europe during the Ottoman Empire days or Crusades period of time. People focus upon the military aspects but tend to ignore the displacement and forced migration of populations as an effective war component to battle. Especially the subversion that occurs many times in refugee camps and groups that purposely try to ignite fears, hatreds, unrest and recruit.

Comment

One thing I don't quite get is how around a million people (according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics) in the USA fly domestically every day, and all are subjected to extensive security checks, but we "can't vet out" 100K refugees? I understand that it's a different process to do a background check, but surely with today's computers, it can't be that big of a deal. Following the money leads to an endless loop of bureaucracy.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  One thing I don't quite get is how around a million people (according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics) in the USA fly domestically every day, and all are subjected to extensive security checks, but we "can't vet out" 100K refugees? I understand that it's a different process to do a background check, but surely with today's computers, it can't be that big of a deal. Following the money leads to an endless loop of bureaucracy.
                  Can't validate it but one thing I keep hearing and reading is the fact a lot of dead people are walking around. Passports, ID's, etc are big selling items right now and more than a few are known to be deceased Syrians whose identities have been stolen. We have enough trouble keeping our own identities from being stolen and recovering them once they've been identified and our infastructure is supposedly sound and intake.

Yet supposedly a lot of these refugee's have no form of ID or proof of citizenship. So in that capacity it's like a shell game potentially where you research and try to weed out the bad crops but never can because the ID's are going from place to place. At times even within the same camps or refugee centers, heck we see that right now with our own Southern Border and people using multiple ID's. I worked for the school system and each year a percentage of the Hispanic population re-enrolled with new names and we had to merge records simply trying to keep student files intact. Many times after going back to Mexico for a period and returning, sometimes without even having the same set of parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    US, Canadian and European citizens are connected to a metric f***-ton of paperwork that has been uploaded to various servers. If one lives in a country that has less legal infrastructure or less computerized infrastructure than people actually have to expend effort doing a background check. Since we are talking about refugees from a war zone instead of normal tourists, they may not have access to any supporting docs to make life easier.

To put it another way, pick a Russian citizen, provide me a full background check, you are forbidden to use a computer. Your time starts now.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yeh,not everyone is documented except perhaps in some very local place,a place that right now might be controlled by rebels,insurgents,or ISIS OR may have been bombed out of existence.

AND these things are changing at a rapid pace..so very hard to really insure who people are.

- - - Updated - - -

Hay PM,you get yourself set back up?
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Hay PM,you get yourself set back up?
                        Yeah, I got a job in New York City and am settled in here for now.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          I think a lot of people though are also buying into the idea of sympathy which gets played upon a lot. Something like 75 - 80 percent of the so called refugee's are men aged 20 - 30, women and children account for the rest. No one can prove that all the so called refugee's are actually Syrian either as there are more and more non-Syrian's in the mix to include Afgans, and Africans. People are asking why many of the Muslim nations are not taking more even as they are stating they do not want any more terrorist in their countries.

That's not even counting the many situations now where the refugee's are screaming Allah Akbar and waving flags of ISIS or even other nations. Nope all the focus is upon invading Europe and the Western countries right now. In some ways being compared to a new Muslim Spring type movement because you can bet your bottom dollar that doing this prior to winter hitting in these areas is going to push all resources to their breaking point.
                          Except I LIVE here (and in the capital no less) and I can tell you that that isn't what is happening.

I went to volunteer at the refugee home in my neighbourhood today. I can tell you FIRST HAND that there are a lot of families there, everyone seemed happy for the help, lots of kids were learning German and playing with the German kids that other volunteers brought with them, and that there were plenty of women there as well. A lot of people seem to be taking advantage of assistance programs such as German lessons, mentorship programs, and art classes. No one was preaching the Koran at anyone and no one was acting ungrateful or turning away assistance.

There WERE a lot of different nationalities there, but no one is denying that. Germany has always been counting Africans and other groups of refugees in the influx. Just because Syria is experiencing some major issues right now doesn't mean that other places don't still have problems.

As for why other Middle Eastern countries won't take refugees, I suggest you look into the issue of racism within Middle Eastern peoples. It's pretty rampant.

Also, I see the rise of far-right groups as a far bigger threat to Europe than terrorism. Those people are REALLY here, and they're really being jerks at the moment. They scare me. Some vague threat of terrorism does not.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            US, Canadian and European citizens are connected to a metric f***-ton of paperwork that has been uploaded to various servers. If one lives in a country that has less legal infrastructure or less computerized infrastructure than people actually have to expend effort doing a background check. Since we are talking about refugees from a war zone instead of normal tourists, they may not have access to any supporting docs to make life easier.

To put it another way, pick a Russian citizen, provide me a full background check, you are forbidden to use a computer. Your time starts now.
                            So, they're essentially a freer people than we are, or than we think we are.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, much freer, you know except for that whole Islamic law, terrorism, war thing going on.

Comment

In terms of trackability. And we have our own terrorism and religion problems.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X