This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

They keep saying on the news how the Oregon shooter had Asperger's just like the CT shooter. Being Aspie is not a mental illness - there's usually a high I.Q. and some specialized talent/knowledge/ability, but no framework for social b.s. The REAL common thread is both were young men of legal age with their mothers always around. People wired to be honest, straightforward, and loner-ish can't tolerate nagging, bullying, and nonsense. All they are saying about the mothers is that they both had guns - there's more to this.....
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      They keep saying on the news how the Oregon shooter had Asperger's just like the CT shooter. Being Aspie is not a mental illness - there's usually a high I.Q. and some specialized talent/knowledge/ability, but no framework for social b.s. The REAL common thread is both were young men of legal age with their mothers always around. People wired to be honest, straightforward, and loner-ish can't tolerate nagging, bullying, and nonsense. All they are saying about the mothers is that they both had guns - there's more to this.....
      That's because they think he's white when he's mixed. So they will only half try to give him a 'mental illness'. Once they realize he's mixed..they will make him half a monster. And you know what side that monster will be on.

And I'm so jaded. You have to specify which year of a Oregon shooting you are googling.

meh.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        That's because they think he's white when he's mixed. So they will only half try to give him a 'mental illness'. Once they realize he's mixed..they will make him half a monster. And you know what side that monster will be on.

And I'm so jaded. You have to specify which year of a Oregon shooting you are googling.

meh.
        Sad but it's true. See lots of meme's and such placing people of "Color" on one side and placing the Oregon shooter with the likes of the South Carolina shooter because they are "White". It's like the meme's that keep showing his father while completely ignoring his mother is black to push the he's white aspect.

Supposedly his manifesto has been released to the public now so waiting to see how that will shift things.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

This right here hurts. It hurts to read, and it hurts to see.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...about-puppies/

I realize this will bring up a shit storm of GUN CONTROL v OUT OF MY DEAD COLD HANDS debates. And I'm sick to death of them

How about we do something easier. How about when you have sex and have another human being...you get your shit together. How about some basic parent control? I mean I'm not asking for the moon here. I'm not asking to lock up your 2nd amendment right. I'm not asking you to forgo your 'Murica' card. I'm asking you to not be a complete and utter shit of a parent. Can you do that parents? Can you for once get your shit together?

Thanks. The non parent who sorta gets you don't leave your gun unlocked in a closet.

Yeah I'm judging. I'm judging the shit out of you.

Comment

Yes ma'am I couldn't agree more.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Two wrongs were made there. One being the ammo was stored with the gun it seems, the other being the gun was left unsecure. Doesn't make what happened any better or easier to understand though. All of it could have been avoided with the simple use of a lock which makes it even sadder. I never can understand parents who do not take the time to secure their weapons and keep ammo out of the reach of their children.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

The biggest mistake was not teaching the basic gun safety to the kids. My kids were handling guns at three and shooting them by 5 or 6. They new how to clear the gun (empty and check that it was empty) before handling it and knew that you never pointed it at anyone before they ever fired a gun. I had guns, loaded guns, in plain view all the time. That killed any fascination with the guns, as they were just another of dad's tools.
                  You don't have to lock the guns or ammunition away you just need to spend the time with your kids to teach them right from wrong.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                    The biggest mistake was not teaching the basic gun safety to the kids. My kids were handling guns at three and shooting them by 5 or 6. They new how to clear the gun (empty and check that it was empty) before handling it and knew that you never pointed it at anyone before they ever fired a gun. I had guns, loaded guns, in plain view all the time. That killed any fascination with the guns, as they were just another of dad's tools.
                    You don't have to lock the guns or ammunition away you just need to spend the time with your kids to teach them right from wrong.
                    Gun safety doesn't teach a kid who actually went to get a gun to kill another human being to not kill another human being. The biggest mistake is keeping any gun in a house where a kid is (censored) up enough to kill another human being over his rage.

Comment

PMS is annoying. I'm so bloated and tired. But the excitement of it being my first week of school is counter balancing the fatigue. The weekend is gonna suck.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...about-puppies/

Iron maiden (not the band), pillars, rack, stocks, whipping post all sound good right about now ... Gods I miss the olde ways ...
                        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I heard there was a shortage of pumpkin this year. Good. If you are sipping it, sprinkling it, lighting it,spraying it, bathing in it, moisturizing in it...you are an abomination to man.

Comment

Is it just me,or is a lot of the news just plain weird right now...Russia misses Syria but hits Iran,GOP guy who was gonna be speaker messed up big time, I mean lots going on,and all of it strange,at least to me. And whats up with the pumpkin shortage?
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't know about the pumpkins but my cantaloupe was a moth late in ripening. It was still very good, just later than last year. I chocked it up to global cooling.
                              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I'm seeing more and more stuff on facebook about really, really elaborate holiday crafts and decorating projects. I don't think anyone I know will actually do half of them, but they repost this stuff like crazy. Is it just me, or is there suddenly this incredible pressure to make childhood insanely "magical" lately? When I was growing up, we just carved a pumpkin, put on some homemade costumes (from a pre-made Simplicity pattern, using the cheapest fabric available at Fabricland), hung a few construction paper decorations in the window and went out and got a single piece of candy at each house. Some families bought one of those screaming decorations from Kmart (we only had Kmart back then) or some fake cobwebs or something like that, but that was it. Now it seems like this race to make the front yard look like a movie set graveyard, make perfectly realistic homemade treats, give away gift bags instead of just candy, etc. I don't think it's just the Internet, either. When I was in Vancouver, this woman approached us in a store and asked if the jacket she had on looked "piratey" enough. She had armfuls of pirate-themed stuff with her. She told us she'd rented a pirate boat (one that actually sailed in the inlet...jesus) for her daughter's birthday, and she seemed REALLY concerned with it being perfect. I sort of felt bad for her, because there is no way our moms ever felt that much pressure (my mom was with me and she said the same thing...she was like, make a cake from a box, cook some hotdogs, plan a few party games like pin the tail on the donkey, GOOD ENOUGH).

So, why the pressure? I'm not even a parent and I feel slightly overwhelmed by the idea of having kids birthday parties and planning family holiday events!

Comment

Working...
                                X