This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The MTA Bus Driver Was Very Rude To People

Ya know, I once wanted to take a book out of one of the libraries in New York, but the clerk behind the desk wouldn't let me. He said "You'll have to prove that you're a citizen of New York City". So I stabbed him, took the book anyway, and ran.

Comment

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Had to replace a tire today. Nice unexpected bill there in a month where I've already spent more than I've made.

Oh physics, thou art a heartless b!#@%.

Comment

Re: Billy Cosby Is A Rapist

Regarding statute of limitations, it'll depend on the form of rape (yes, the law divvies up rape just like it does murder) and the state the crimes occurred (I am orders of magnitude too apathetic to look up the accusations against Cosby). On that note

Has a nice PDF breakdown state by state of certain general classifications and the statute of limitations per. It may or may not be legit and up to date though. I don't typically look into sex crimes and I'm going to sleep soon instead of hunting down edu links.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          Opinion is a part of you as a person. Life is complicated, that's why having opinions, interests and goals is hard. I gave up on goals a while ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Same for dreams.
          I've never had goals or dreams (other than those necessary to keep on living) because I never needed them. I've moved through life by avoiding things. It's not so miserable as it sounds. It can work in many situations but well, it's a dead end now.
          baah.

Comment

Opinion is a part of you as a person. Life is complicated, that's why having opinions, interests and goals is hard. I gave up on goals a while ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Same for dreams.
            Your too young to be saying that.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              Your too young to be saying that.
              Indeed. :/
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Indeed. :/
                I give them up for lent, but I gorge on Fat Tuesday.

"Goals and Dreams" are a binge and purge thing for me.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I have a goal/dream now, but it's gonna take the lottery to pull this one off in the time I have.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    I give them up for lent, but I gorge on Fat Tuesday.

"Goals and Dreams" are a binge and purge thing for me.
                    I have none of those, but I do have a purpose.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I was out of the office yesterday, and today proceeded to have a back and forth with a client for the last few hours, resulting in about 20 emails, and just found out that a coworker had dealt with this client yesterday for the exact same thing. Why wouldn't the client just say something? They acted as though they never had the conversation? It's so irritating, especially because said coworker and I quoted two different prices, and my coworker isn't here today. I'm leaving it for tomorrow. Urgh.
                      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

It appears that Netflix is down for the time being. WTF, I wanna watch TV!!!

Comment

Got left at a bar...walked the mile and half to my bosses house. Made sure she wasn't dead. Drove home and got Whataburger only to be rear ended by the guy behind me. Screamed and yelled, guy apologized saw he did no damage apologized for yelling and cursing. I should just go to bed. Upside we did amazingly at the demo we did. Maybe Ill post the pictures.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

So a wonderful co-worker gave me this advice on how to 'fix' my heart arrythmia.
                            'like, try eating clean for a week, that should help'

I gave him the face of evil

'you have gout in your foot. You are 31'
                            :=[:
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                              It appears that Netflix is down for the time being. WTF, I wanna watch TV!!!
                              Weird...it totally worked for me at the same time you posted this, and I was using a VPN to watch the US Netflix with a US IP address.

Comment

It's been over a week, and the same threads continue to continue to dominate the forums *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X