This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Why am I SO disorganized? I try so hard, but I swear, I still live in total chaos.

Comment

Started the day off by banging my head on a wall. So my childhood friend posted something along the lines of "so muslims hate dogs, beer, bikinis, bacon, jesus and freedom of speech, so my question is why the fuck do they come to the usa." I have seen enough hate filled sentiments to last me a life time, so I told her this wasn't fair to say and told her that jews and muslims don't believe jesus is their savior, neither eat pig but vegetarians and vegans don't either and continued in that context. She then through a hissy fit about that post being about extremist muslims only and that it was her wall and she could post what she wanted.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
        Started the day off by banging my head on a wall. So my childhood friend posted something along the lines of "so muslims hate dogs, beer, bikinis, bacon, jesus and freedom of speech, so my question is why the fuck do they come to the usa."
        'Cause, in the good ol' USA, you get to do that!

LOL!!! It's what we're all about!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

They're building new appartments across the road. I only found out that they were about to start last night. It woke me up this morning. Can't find out hownlong they plan on taking anywhere. But from what I can tell of the building plans, thty will be raising 4 new blocks of 3-5 stories. Soooo. I'm moving! Except there's nowhere to go... so I'm stuck in a noisy hellhole. Noise is the worst kind of torture for me. I was barely coping wiht the trucks arriving for the next door shop every morning. This is 11 hours a day, possibly for years. Yay.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Just got a ticket for running a red light Thought I could sneak through on the orange, but was wrong.

Stupid thing is, I was picking Torey up from a work function in the city so that he didn't have to pay $60 for a taxi home... trying to save money for the house. Yeah well that little escapade is gonna cost me about $400. He could have taken 7 taxis for that. Silly me.

Comment

running a red light costs you $400????
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                running a red light costs you $400????
                Pretty much this...

Have you been ticketed for running red in recent history or something because that's insanity.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've never had a ticket before. Ever. This is my first time ever being pulled over for anything other than random breath testing.

I don't have the actual ticket yet, but the copper said it would be around $400. Torey recently got one for using his mobile phone at an intersection, and it was $380.

Maybe we're just really, really harsh in Aus?

Comment

You guys get pulled over for random breath tests???
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      You guys get pulled over for random breath tests???
                      Yep. They have big RBT buses that will set up stations, and sometimes they'll have single cars with breathalysers. Most Friday/Sat nights they'll be out. They just pull over random cars, or will target cars that look like they've stopped and swapped drivers, or are trying to get around it via sidestreets.

Comment

Your cops are weird. The cops around here don't do random breathalyzers. They'll pull one if they think it's warranted after stopping someone who is driving oddly and they may pull one if you pass through the occasional checkpoint* and the officer that comes up to say hi thinks it's warranted but the only random involved is the position of patrol cars and checkpoints. They don't bother with tests unless something convinces them it's appropriate.

* Summer and holiday evenings will get police checkpoints set up at various locations. If you're sober then they mostly consist of waiting for the line to move through, spend 30 seconds talking to whichever officer approaches and then move on. If the officer smells alcohol, your speech is slurred, <insert other cues here> then your night gets longer.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

In Britain, the police have the right to stop any vehicle to speak to the driver. They can only administer a breath test if the vehicle was being driven unsafely or if the driver shows signs of intoxication or smelled of alcohol.

The police cannot administer fixed penalties, but magistrates can impose an unlimited fine or up to 6 months in jail!

Comment

There are a number of "Special" police forces through out Europe that can stop you or administer any type of intoxication test they desire. Most familiar with those in Spain and Italy from being stationed there but saw some others in France I think it was. I know the European driving rules are so different from those in the US that it gets a lot of tourist and service personal in trouble. Once you've been there for a bit you get used to them but initially a lot of surprises in my experience.

Fines were unreal and often something you'd never consider when driving in the US.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Let me start out by saying that the food I make in the restaurant is expensive, the cheapest entree is $28 to the most expensive excluding features which is my bone in rib eye thats $68. I personally believe that it is better to go to a place thats a little cheaper and order items you can comfortably afford and go home not hungry. I understand people save and come for special occasions and will order 4 items off the menu and share them all, or share an appetizer and then have their own entree. But if you don't have the money to come and eat or even drink don't do it just to be seen!!! Six grown ass men came into the bar and ordered 1 scallop split 3 ways and 1 rib eye split 3 ways, oh and they wanted the rib eye 2 different temps. Gentlemen if I split your rib eye one of you is only getting bone and the other are each getting a bite. Either order off the bar menu which is cheaper or go somewhere you can afford!!!

Comment

Seems like I should already have written two articles for a course... Going to have busy night.
                                Things that can only happen on a Tuesday.
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X