This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Oh I'm sorry about that. What I meant to say is concession stand. Not confession stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      Oh I'm sorry about that. What I meant to say is concession stand. Not confession stand.
      Lol, autocorrect does that to me all the time
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Apparently my camera only records in ten minute sessions. Guess who was trying to do a video on wood burning a project and totally didn't realize that this was a thing? Well bollocks. Guess I'm gunna have to do it on something else -__-
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

I have my first real job tomorrow! You know... acting. In a proper tv series on Denmark's biggest channel. So WHY do I have a fever, completely clotted nose and lips so dry they bleed? Fish the cold!
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            I have my first real job tomorrow! You know... acting. In a proper tv series on Denmark's biggest channel. So WHY do I have a fever, completely clotted nose and lips so dry they bleed? Fish the cold!
            Sorry you're not feeling well, but that's still really cool!

Comment

(( Stares at knee condescendingly ))

Hey you, knee, cut it out. I'm on vacation. You can't be hurting randomly for no reason on my vacation. Also, knee injuries and issues freak me out. So knock it off.

Comment

I called Dish network to ask for a new remote because one of the buttons sticks, and they told me I have to upgrade the whole dish, boxes, etc., because they're phasing out the stuff I have. So Sunday afternoon, here we go again. They always promise me hi-def until the guy gets here. There's no line of sight to that satellite. None. Their customer service people have absolutely no idea what I mean by "heavily treed area".
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

So....friends keep sharing stories about really unfortunate acts of racism happening in Canada, and a lot of the time, they're not even directed at the group they want to be racist against. For example, I've seen at least three stories where Sikh men were beaten for being "Muslim" and someone shared a story today that a woman got attacked in Toronto for wearing a scarf on her head...not for religious reasons, but because it's freaking freezing in Toronto right now. I feel like all of this is unacceptable for so many reasons. First of all, it's racist...and the racism seems to be transcending just one group and spilling over into other groups just because they're "brown." Second of all, even if all of the victims were Muslims, that's an unacceptable way to treat fellow citizens. Third of all, it seems to be policing people for what they choose to wear. Want to wear a hijab, niqab, turban, or just a scarf around your head because it's cold? Nope, that's "different"...can't have that.

Comment

I have so many fb friends posting anti Muslim crap in guise of Pro America. And I'm like dude, you are a beaner. Have you lost your frijoles? Do you NOT know YOU look like an 'Arab Muslim'?!

Sigh. Everyone suddenly wants to be racists too. I guess they can be on the other side of that card.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      So....friends keep sharing stories about really unfortunate acts of racism happening in Canada, and a lot of the time, they're not even directed at the group they want to be racist against. For example, I've seen at least three stories where Sikh men were beaten for being "Muslim" and someone shared a story today that a woman got attacked in Toronto for wearing a scarf on her head...not for religious reasons, but because it's freaking freezing in Toronto right now. I feel like all of this is unacceptable for so many reasons. First of all, it's racist...and the racism seems to be transcending just one group and spilling over into other groups just because they're "brown." Second of all, even if all of the victims were Muslims, that's an unacceptable way to treat fellow citizens. Third of all, it seems to be policing people for what they choose to wear. Want to wear a hijab, niqab, turban, or just a scarf around your head because it's cold? Nope, that's "different"...can't have that.
                      Similar stories are being reported here. It amazes me that people can be so ignorant. Don't they realise that it's exactly that kind of hateful behaviour towards your fellow citizens, that fuels radicalisation? It's just... gah I hate the human race!

My rant... I have a twitchy muscle under my right eye. It's been 24 hours so far and no sign of stopping. I'm at my wits end...
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's not exactly like you can just "look" like a Muslim, either. It's a religion, not an ethnicity. I know Turkish Muslims who have light coloured hair and light eyes, African Muslims who are black, and Pakistani Muslims who don't really look different than Indians. There are Muslims in Asia, converts in Caucasian population (I know a guy who converted for his wife, for example), etc. It's not really any different than Christians. There are over a billion Muslims in the world, so it's not just like you can pinpoint them to a specific "look."

All that aside from the fact that people shouldn't be displaying this kind of behaviour anyway. So there are some radical Muslims who have violent beliefs. Ok, I think it's pretty clear that there are still radical Christians and Atheists who have violent beliefs, as demonstrated by the disturbing rise of the far right recently, or even sometimes just in general (why isn't it called "terrorism" when a bunch of backwater hillbillies beat a gay dude to death because of their religion?)

Comment

First day back to work and that horrible anxiety feeling in the pit of my stomach is back.

This is probably a sign.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            First day back to work and that horrible anxiety feeling in the pit of my stomach is back.

This is probably a sign.
                            Juni, don't worry. You'll definitely do it!
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                              Juni, don't worry. You'll definitely do it!
                              I am but I don't want to. Which is my point.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                Yep I have the same thing happening, I really really try to just ignore it because most of them are just ignorant and me saying something does nothing but fuel the fire. But its really getting ridiculous, and I'm starting to fill a little fiery.
                                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                                X