This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I'm at least lucky that most of the friends sharing those stories don't support that kind of behaviour. Most have shared them out of outrage.

Comment

You are indeed lucky... Its not really all of them but its the same 10-15 people, constantly putting stuff up. I used to consider some of them really good friends but as I can see more than distance has changed between us.

Can I just say that I HATE seeing the crap on pintrest about natural anticancer drugs! If there was a damn anticancer drug our natural cancer treatment drug out there doctors would tell you. It would be knowledge to the whole world. I have lost more family then I can to count plus my 21 year old brother just finished his radiation treatment for testicular cancer. There is not a plant or tea that will insure you don't get cancer. There isn't a drug that will make it miraculously leave your body. Stop lying to people.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
        You are indeed lucky... Its not really all of them but its the same 10-15 people, constantly putting stuff up. I used to consider some of them really good friends but as I can see more than distance has changed between us.

Can I just say that I HATE seeing the crap on pintrest about natural anticancer drugs! If there was a damn anticancer drug our natural cancer treatment drug out there doctors would tell you. It would be knowledge to the whole world. I have lost more family then I can to count plus my 21 year old brother just finished his radiation treatment for testicular cancer. There is not a plant or tea that will insure you don't get cancer. There isn't a drug that will make it miraculously leave your body. Stop lying to people.
        I definitely get that a lot from friends and pages I follow. I'm left wing and am into organic food and gardening and stuff, and so are most of my friends. Sometimes, they get a little bit quacky, though.

I follow this one page called "Grow Food Not Lawns". I followed it because of its title (I definitely believe in growing food and not lawns) and because a lot of the first posts I read from it were about natural gardening. But it turns out that it is a page for a natural medicine blog, which would be fine if it didn't think that plants were the cure for absolutely everything and that all pharmaceutical medicines are bad for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          But it turns out that it is a page for a natural medicine blog, which would be fine if it didn't think that plants were the cure for absolutely everything and that all pharmaceutical medicines are bad for you.
          I honestly prefer to be as natural as possible(which means I'm a big baby and wont take anything) not because I'm against pharmaceutical meds but because how they make me feel. Most of them the effect is way stronger on me then most people but if I'm really sick I will take them no problem. I don't understand this hate of pharmaceutical medicines. If all plants could heal everything the need for pharmaceutical medicines would not have been needed, and I honestly love seeing all the different natural remedies. I love them but I cannot stomach the "this plant or natural remedy, or even green tea cures cancer." I almost instantly see red.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I honestly prefer to be as natural as possible(which means I'm a big baby and wont take anything) not because I'm against pharmaceutical meds but because how they make me feel. Most of them the effect is way stronger on me then most people but if I'm really sick I will take them no problem. I don't understand this hate of pharmaceutical medicines. If all plants could heal everything the need for pharmaceutical medicines would not have been needed, and I honestly love seeing all the different natural remedies. I love them but I cannot stomach the "this plant or natural remedy, or even green tea cures cancer." I almost instantly see red.
            Same, but it really depends on what it is. If I have a cold, I'll just drink some tea and sleep it off, but if I'm in anaphylactic shock, i'm pretty thankful that I have an epi pen!

Comment

I feel really, really lonely lately. I don't live alone, and I just visited a friend, but I feel like I have no one to talk to.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                I feel really, really lonely lately. I don't live alone, and I just visited a friend, but I feel like I have no one to talk to.
                You can always write me if you need to talk a bit habbs
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                  But it turns out that it is a page for a natural medicine blog, which would be fine if it didn't think that plants were the cure for absolutely everything and that all pharmaceutical medicines are bad for you.
                  I hate this. Hate, hate, hate.

I mean, I use herbs. I use them for lots of things, actually...from getting a good night's sleep to helping a sinus infection. But I use herbs in conjunction with the studies that have been done into their use.

I despise people who say things like "but its okay because its natural" (or the reverse, that its not okay because its not natural)...clearly they didn't think that statement through...smallpox is natural. Anthrax is natural. Measles are natural. Herbs, when used medicinally at medicinal doses are drugs. They have side effects. They have contraindications. Used improperly, they can kill you. And they are not a panacea.

(never mind the fact that most drugs are based on plants)

. Most of them the effect is way stronger on me then most people but if I'm really sick I will take them no problem.
                  This is a genetic thing. It is based on how many copies of this gene (forget what its actually called and those books are packed) that codes for the metabolization of plant toxins you have. The more copies, the faster you metabolize them and the faster its out of your system and the less they affect you and the more it takes to get the desired effect. Also, depending on the substance and how often you are exposed to it, and the amount, you body can become more efficient at identifying it and metabolizing it.

Personally, I have the opposite problem that you do. I have to take the prescription dosage of most OTC medications to get half the relief from them that others do.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I am very, very angry right now. Lol, hung out with my ex today and went back to my house where my grandmother proceeded to cross a boundary by lecturing him because he asked could we be FWBs beforehand. He apologized a long, ling time ago, of course. Saying he was stupid and it was a mistake, etc. I'm irritated. He apparently did "wrong" but I didn't need him getting lectured by someone whose tongue is loose while under the influences of alcohol.
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I just love listening to my Kin fight, scream, and slam doors. Doesn't affect the child in the house at all. Such is life.
                      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I don't like strange people ik my appartment before I'm even awake. They're cleaning the waterpipes in the building, and need access to our kitchen and bathroom. I'm a lone wolf. There shouldn't be people around me when I'm waking up (husband excepted because he knows to leave me alone). And they're so noisy they woke me up in the middle of a dream. Don't mess with my mornings!
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I'm so POed, Lol. It's not funny but it's the only way I can cope. Had a run in with my ex, we talked for awhile then he walked me home because it was dark and freezing. We get to my house and my grandmother invites him inside and I said no because my father does not like guys in the house. So my grandmother decided to argue with my mom to which my mom told him that he asked could we be FWBs. That question was over a year ago but still. My grandmother proceeded to then lecture and admonish him because of it, I just sent him home because I couldn't deal. She had been drinking and I was losing my patience. My mom and her started arguing because my mom felt it wasn't her place to even say anything to him because my mom wanted him to be nervous and sweat before she met him. So...I see the calendar with all of my work info and my siblings info and it's erased and on it is written "AIN'T MY PLACE." Lol, I cannot deal with this. We are already dysfunctional. Alcohol does not need to be thrown into the mix.

Comment

Anxiety. I hate it. I'm having an attack -.- why? I think I've been building it up for a while, I've been a bit nervous for a few days. What finally triggered this was a muscle in my back sending pains through my chest when I lay down on my bed. Because I've been tense for day, because I have anxiety.
                            My new found shrink says I need to just let myself shake, that's my body's reaction to built up trauma. I will feel better if I don't fight. And I try to, I understand her point, it makes sense to me. But it's pretty fishing difficult when you're in the situation and just want it to stop. Every time I get an attack I feel like it won't ever end, even though logically I know it will. But it feels like a failure somehow. There's longer between attacks now, I think my last one was a month ago (l suspect hormones are involved). But when it does come it overshadows everything else for a few minutes or a few hours, and it feels like I'm loosing the progress I made, I know that's not true, but it still feels that way. In truth there's much linger between, they don't last nearly as long as they used to- I can usually go to sleep right after and be fine the next day. When it started I was out for days after because it lasted for hours and made me scared to sleep. But even as I'm writing it, the stupid anxiety is trying to convince me that it's still as bad and I should be scared of it. I have that feeling that 'something' will happen any minute, I know it very well by now, but it still gets to me sometimes... writing helps me let it out in a less destructive way, it helps me sort out my thoughts to find the pattern. So sorry for venting here guys. But I really, really hate anxiety. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I have from time to time had severe panic attacks..I am lucky that they are few and far between,BUT as you know they are pretty bad when you are in the center of one. Generally I am a VERY strong person,But still they come at times. I have faced down violent threats,and danger in my life,but the panic attacks can floor me.

Hoping you feel better soon.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that anu. It can get to even the best, I guess. I am feeling a bit better. Just putting ot into writing helps a little. But it's awful. I can handle crazy stuff without blinking, though I'm sure you've seen 100 times worse, and still a muscle, or just a random thought, can break me. Thanks anu.
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...