This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

My pc won't connect to my wifi network but has connected to a "Network 2" that mysteriously appeared. (Tablet and phone still go to the regular network, no problem.) No troubleshooting shows any issues. In wifi properties, there are a couple of boxes unchecked but I don't know if they always were. These things give me the creeps!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      My pc won't connect to my wifi network but has connected to a "Network 2" that mysteriously appeared. (Tablet and phone still go to the regular network, no problem.) No troubleshooting shows any issues. In wifi properties, there are a couple of boxes unchecked but I don't know if they always were. These things give me the creeps!
      Turn off your router. If network 2 disappears, awesome turn your router back on and get back online. If network 2 does not disappear...

We'll start with that's a bad thing and move on to "Paranoia, Paranoia, Everybody is out to get me!!!"
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm having a full evening of "I can't even". I need to find some evens.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

When you can't even be even then even if you get even,you still want to know if it is the same even you had before,cause even it may just be an uneven version of the true even.

Clear now???uses electric paddles...CLEAR!!!!!
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            When you can't even be even then even if you get even,you still want to know if it is the same even you had before,cause even it may just be an uneven version of the true even.

Clear now???uses electric paddles...CLEAR!!!!!
            That was some Grade-A BS. Very nice.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Can you option to 'forget network 2' by clicking or right clicking. Like you do on cell phones to get rid of old wifi spots?
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                Can you option to 'forget network 2' by clicking or right clicking. Like you do on cell phones to get rid of old wifi spots?
                The option should be there. To clarify why I want her to turn her router off and see if network 2 is still there. Router settings while generally semi-stable have done silly things on me (like acquiring weird names) in the past. If turning off the router turns off network 2 then her router is being odd and it's just a matter of turning it back on and logging into it's web interface (probably either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1) and going through the settings. If turning it off does not negate network 2 then she's on some other individuals wifi network and that's generally not a safe place to be.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It disappears when I turn off the router, and I lose all internet access.
                  Here's what I see in Network Connections under properties (wifi), showing 2 things that are not enabled - I've never changed them, but wondering if one or both is the problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	353206
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Soooo...I found out last night how my dog feels about foxes.

I pull into the boy's driveway. Little silver fox is sniffing around the garbage bin. I have the dog with me. I tried to shoo the fox away, but he was too busy sniffing things to pay me any mind. So, I think "Nah, it's a fox. My dog's totally gonna know not to go up to it. He's smart."

Open the car door. Dog is out. Dog is a husky sized speeding bullet heading right for the fox, down the driveway, down the street, around the corner, before I've even managed to shut the car door. I peek my head into the house. "Dog's got a fox, be right back", and I start running down the street. I get to the end of the street, and my dog comes lop-lop-lop up to me. Happiest damn dog on the street.

So I thought my dog would think the fox is a predator. Or that he'd recognize the canineness in him, and want to be buddies. NOPE. Foxes are prey. My completely un-prey driven dog thinks foxes are prey. Great.

And then he went in the house and drank an entire bowl of water, laid down next to the fire, and looked completely satisfied.

Jerk.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      Soooo...I found out last night how my dog feels about foxes.

I pull into the boy's driveway. Little silver fox is sniffing around the garbage bin. I have the dog with me. I tried to shoo the fox away, but he was too busy sniffing things to pay me any mind. So, I think "Nah, it's a fox. My dog's totally gonna know not to go up to it. He's smart."

Open the car door. Dog is out. Dog is a husky sized speeding bullet heading right for the fox, down the driveway, down the street, around the corner, before I've even managed to shut the car door. I peek my head into the house. "Dog's got a fox, be right back", and I start running down the street. I get to the end of the street, and my dog comes lop-lop-lop up to me. Happiest damn dog on the street.

So I thought my dog would think the fox is a predator. Or that he'd recognize the canineness in him, and want to be buddies. NOPE. Foxes are prey. My completely un-prey driven dog thinks foxes are prey. Great.

And then he went in the house and drank an entire bowl of water, laid down next to the fire, and looked completely satisfied.

Jerk.
                      Don't forget it's still a dog. Instinct comes before their mind. No matter what. One will have to work pretty hard in order to avoid it. Even then, there is no 100% guarantee it won't happen. And who knows, perhaps the dog thought the fox was a threat to you... (Even if the fox was small and unlikely to hurt you, remember the dog has a different mindset)
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                        Don't forget it's still a dog. Instinct comes before their mind. No matter what. One will have to work pretty hard in order to avoid it. Even then, there is no 100% guarantee it won't happen. And who knows, perhaps the dog thought the fox was a threat to you... (Even if the fox was small and unlikely to hurt you, remember the dog has a different mindset)
                        Nah. We encountered a bear this summer. I know what my dog protecting me looks like. This was more like "HEY MOM I FOUND A TOY OMG A TOY GET IT GETITGETITGETIT"

He wasn't aggressive at all. He was just in full blown chase mode.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hehe, okey then.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Foxes are "interlopers" to coyotes and wolves. (dogs are mostly included in the wolf family). Coyotes are interlopers to wolves. Wolves will chase down and kill coyotes and leave the dead carcass laying there. It is not food but they are not tolerated at all.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Some idiot ploughed down 12 grave mounds to plant christmas trees... no respect for our history he's been fined and told to rebuild them. But that doesn't really change anything.

Oh... and that sudden realization that part of me misses my mom. I hate that.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                                Oh... and that sudden realization that part of me misses my mom. I hate that.
                                do you actually miss YOUR mom being a mom to you....or do you miss the IDEA of a mom being a mom to you

I'm not trying to be a jerk...but I think its maybe an important distinction to make. And maybe if its the latter, it might be easier to deal with...

(I had a toxic relationship with my father for a long time...)
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X