X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    Oh awesome, the fireworks have already started :/
    Here too -.- started a few weeks ago, but it's been getting worse the past few days.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Oh awesome, the fireworks have already started :/
      I remember when I was growing up there would be fireworks once or twice a year, now it's seems to be happening all the time. Madness!
      Once a man, like the sea I raged;
      Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
      And there is in fact more earth than sea.
      Genesis lyric

Comment

Ouch! Slammed my foot into the living room table have a big bruise to show for it. Stupid table! Ow.
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Iris, I hate it when furniture jumps out in front of me like that. all of my tall and heavy furniture is bolted to the wall to keep it under control.
          Actually I got into the habit of bolting furniture to the walls when I was living in earthquake territory and I can't seem to break the habit even though I no longer live where earthquakes are a threat. I still occasionally bump into things though.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

You might want to think about Washington,and earth quakes...Saw a program about I think 500 year earthquakes,and how it sent a tsunami across the pacific and it hit Japan. Think that was on history.

- - - Updated - - -

Sauce on that
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yes, that is the Cascadia Subduction Zone off the coasts of BC, Washington, Oregon, and Northern California. It will affect the entire 1000 kilometers of coastline. At first there will be a 9+ earthquake that will take out the major cities, buried water, gas and fuel pipelines, the major and most secondary roads and bridges. Within a few minutes the 100 meter tsunami will flatten the coastal population centers and the coast will drop over three meters below where it is now. I am on the eastern side of the mountains so while I will feel it there will be no structural or infrastructure damage where I live. Depending on who you listen to "recovery" will take between two months and several years. The airports will sustain considerable damage so relief efforts will have little access to the area. Without food, water, heat and shelter there are going to be a lot of dead people after the first month. They are still trying to recover from Katrina in New Orleans and this will be an are much bigger with much more substantial damage to infrastructure. It will be decades before it recovers if it ever does recover completely. It is just one of the reasons that I moved from that area.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

After a LOT of practise for shrek the musical using the official broadway sheets... I look at the ones they've sent me for the audition. They transposed the whole thing up! GAAARH! Like it wasn't high enough already.
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  After a LOT of practise for shrek the musical using the official broadway sheets... I look at the ones they've sent me for the audition. They transposed the whole thing up! GAAARH! Like it wasn't high enough already.
                  I can't sing, so I don't know, but I can imagine that's a pisser.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    I can't sing, so I don't know, but I can imagine that's a pisser.
                    I'm gonna ask if I can change it back, but otherwise I have to give it up -.- but yea, it is. They changed it from a key I'm very comfortable in, to one where I sound like a tortured cat.
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Wahoo guess who gets to spend $1100 on her car. $655 on all weather tires which I expected and $455 on a new throttle body. My check engine light and a engine reduce power light started coming on so I took to the dealership and low and behold its broke. Did I mention my warranty went out in August? Oh I need a new drive chain too but there is a factory recall on it so I don't have to pay for that. But my bright side is it got me up here before dying. My poor May Pearl
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        Wahoo guess who gets to spend $1100 on her car. $655 on all weather tires which I expected and $455 on a new throttle body. My check engine light and a engine reduce power light started coming on so I took to the dealership. Oh I need a new drive chain too but there is a factory recall on it so I don't have to pay for that.
                        Ouch!

I feel your pain! Those who have suffered understand suffering.

On the upside (sorry - this is the best I can do), you have a good attitude, and you are strong. You'll adjust.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

4.3 earthquake out of Devore about 5 minutes ago. I'm sitting here and I got a sudden jolt side ways. And then I booked it down the stairs! I'm standing down there while they are eating. And I'm like earthquake?
                          Yup.
                          earthquake.

meh.

scurrred.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^^^ There was a 4.3 in Oklahoma today, too.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Good to see you typing,saw on TV about the flooding,and wondered if it was near you.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                                ^^^ There was a 4.3 in Oklahoma today, too.
                                an actual earthquake, or a frakking-quake?
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X