X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Interesting note on web site tracking...I went on an online game site(did not register) and the ads showing up are from local jersey company's...so they can tell I am in NJ..scary..
    Err, yes, your computer calls up a server and says, "I want to see this". To do that and get a reply your computer needs to give an IP address for information to be sent back to. Tracing an IP to a general region is child's play. If it's a major concern then use a proxy or VPN to conceal your IP. I use ExpressVPN because I can set up any type of device I own with it and it isn't based in a nation I distrust (much) but there are others around.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Just My Luck

Today I went to the movie theater to see the 5th Wave for the 8 PM showtime. But all the showtimes of the 5th Wave sold out. In fact almost every single movie in this theater sold out. I blame it on the blizzard.

Comment

A site I had JUST been on on my pc, wouldn't let me log in on my phone. I have the password written down, but still saying no.. so I request a new password. Took dozens of tries, then finally took me to a screen saying they've sent a new password. That was 20 minutes ago and still no email. So have to switch my pc back on.. that now won't let me sign in because the password was changed..

Screw you lang8. Screw you...
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the snow. We had like two weeks of on-and-off winter with a bit of snow, and it was kind of pleasant and cozy in a "hole yourself up and drink hot chocolate" kind of way. Now, it's just dark, damp and miserable out. I still don't feel like going out because the weather is miserable (even though it is well above freezing now), but all that pleasant coziness is gone.

Comment

DanieMarie, I've always said that the only way I'll tolerate cold is if there is snow...without it, the cold is just miserable.

I live in an apartment, and for the past few weeks one of my neighbors has been letting their dog poop on either side of my sidewalk (I live on the edge of the building in a little flat, and have a separate sidewalk to my door). It's literally maybe 3-4 feet from my front door. And it's all up and down the grass on either side. Which means I have to be super careful where my kids and I walk. It's a bit upsetting.

Today the poop was actually on my patio, not the grass, and maybe 2 feet from my door. I was furious, so I called the apartment managers and they said that unless I saw who was doing it, they couldn't do anything lest they accuse the wrong person. What is so hard about sending a memo to the building and reminding them about the policy? I'm furious and about to just set up camp on my patio to catch the person. And the sad thing is, I know who is doing it, but I can't prove it (I've seen them through my peephole walking their dog right next to my door, like open it and touch them, but that was before I saw the poop) and sometimes they'll be walking their dog when I pull up and they immediately turn around and go inside.

It's just really angering.
            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Tried to tell my parents what was going on. It didn't work out so well, unfortunately. I got hit with the nonchalance and laid back attitude.
              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

We have fungus in our appartment, we finally got someone to look at it. But we'll probably need another place to stay while they do because it's pretty extensive in all the walls on one side of the building...
                We have wanted to move for a while anyway, but finding something is hard. Today I found a nice affordable place with a small garden! I immediately contacted the owner, and it didn't take long before he answered. The thing is the phone number he wrote from isn't danish, I looked it up and it's from the uk. Also, the message was in english where the original advert was written in perfect danish. He told me to contact him on an email adress, so I looked it up... and got one hit - on a page warning against scammers. Someone else has had dealings with hiqm just laft week, she posted the whole conversation. It started off fine, him explaining that he's english and his wife is danish but they're moving to the uk so they're renting out their house. Then he cancels the showing because they're out of town. Then there's no time to show the house because they're moving now. Then it starts getting weird (also, yhe english gets worse and worse) because apparently a uk law prevents them from letting her see the house, but if she gives an adress and transfers money to an agency they'll send her the keys. She has a friend in the uk look up the adress of this agency and finds that it's a private house... so she put it on a scam page. I agree, it looks just a bit too weird. And there are a few responses on the board from people who have had similar encounters with the same person... on 3 other houses.. hmph. I hate scammers.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm fasting for 12 dang hours.
                  grumble grumble.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    I'm fasting for 12 dang hours.
                    grumble grumble.
                    Why would you do that? WHY

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Usually it is fore tests by doctor..
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Usually it is fore tests by doctor..
                        Yup yup. A week before a doctor's visit I have to get blood work and pee stuff. Meh. I had a cookie right after on the bus because I wasn't going to make the quick walk home if I didn't. All in all it's now been 14 hours. Waiting for the pizza guy.

*wagging mah tale.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Weird thing is,when you have to do a fast,you get a little idea of what it must be like for starving children and adults in other country's(or even for some in OUR Country)
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I like that the cats are spending more time with me. Until they wake me up at 4am. Which they did today. Then I want to make them into tacos.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                              I like that the cats are spending more time with me. Until they wake me up at 4am. Which they did today. Then I want to make them into tacos.
                              First time I hear that cats eat tacos. Hehe
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Sooo. Surveying the damage of last night, I can see that it wasn't next door something burned.. it was out brand new toolshed.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...