X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    And the thing is, a lot of people here look at the whole Trump situation and either laugh or just can't believe that so many Americans are supporting him, but the exact same thing is happening here. Due to our political system, it's less likely that AfD can gain enough power to form a government, but it's still shocking and disturbing.
    Personally I think the rise of this type of extremism is occurring world wide due to a portion of the society feeling abused and undermined. Trump is getting a lot of support that the media and people are trying to make racial and education driven but I personally do not think it is. The influx of refugee's into Europe and the promise of it in the US is a major issue right now. I read a report today about the state of Ohio getting something like 20,000 Syrian refugee's and the Red Cross stating something like 92 percent of that figure is all males. That is putting people on edge, especially given our own economic and political situations at the moment.

I imagine if the media were actually being impartial and doing serious investigative reporting we'd be seeing something different. It's like why is Trump carrying so much of the rural and county vote? Could it be they comprise a lot of the middle class which in our society has been hammered really bad lately? How about the South that has been hammered culturally as it clings to a heritage and reclaim it and get slammed while being force feed about not judging all Muslims by the actions of a few. It's not just white's backing Trump, nor is it just low class low intelligent people but that's the angle the media sure is trying to paint.

I imagine much of Europe is facing the same issue as the US in that the old guard is being challenged and is loosing in many areas. In an attempt to retain control and influence they will strike out and try to undermine anything that seeks to remove that control. Consider the Republicans sure had no issues when they got Trump to acknowledge and agree to backing which ever Republican candidate was winning when it came time to select. Yet now that its Trump and the old guard doesn't have that control they have to try and smear him. Even if it means giving the election to the other side, at least it would still be somewhat the old guard in control.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

This guy comes to mind,and he is complaining of being treated badly.

OSLO — Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian extremist who was convicted of killing 77 people in a bomb and gun rampage in 2011, returned to court on Tuesday to pursue his claim that his solitary confinement — albeit in what amounts to a furnished three-room suite — violates his human rights.

Site here.

When a person kills that many people,and only gets 21 years,and has a 3 room cell with all the amenities,and complains of his human rights being violated(He should have been handed over to the victims families to do as they will)

- - - Updated - - -

This is his cell.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that is bigger than my apartment....

- - - Updated - - -

Better picture,and that cell is nicer than my Apartment for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Pics from this site.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hell,I could retire comfortably there...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Personally I think the rise of this type of extremism is occurring world wide due to a portion of the society feeling abused and undermined. Trump is getting a lot of support that the media and people are trying to make racial and education driven but I personally do not think it is. The influx of refugee's into Europe and the promise of it in the US is a major issue right now. I read a report today about the state of Ohio getting something like 20,000 Syrian refugee's and the Red Cross stating something like 92 percent of that figure is all males. That is putting people on edge, especially given our own economic and political situations at the moment.

I imagine if the media were actually being impartial and doing serious investigative reporting we'd be seeing something different. It's like why is Trump carrying so much of the rural and county vote? Could it be they comprise a lot of the middle class which in our society has been hammered really bad lately? How about the South that has been hammered culturally as it clings to a heritage and reclaim it and get slammed while being force feed about not judging all Muslims by the actions of a few. It's not just white's backing Trump, nor is it just low class low intelligent people but that's the angle the media sure is trying to paint.

I imagine much of Europe is facing the same issue as the US in that the old guard is being challenged and is loosing in many areas. In an attempt to retain control and influence they will strike out and try to undermine anything that seeks to remove that control. Consider the Republicans sure had no issues when they got Trump to acknowledge and agree to backing which ever Republican candidate was winning when it came time to select. Yet now that its Trump and the old guard doesn't have that control they have to try and smear him. Even if it means giving the election to the other side, at least it would still be somewhat the old guard in control.
            I can't speak for other parts of Europe, because each country has its own host of issues. In Germany, a lot of the AfD's support comes from the former East, and I think a lot of that has to do with the failures of reunification. A lot of people, both here and abroad, see reunification as a sweeping success, but it really hasn't been. A lot of places in the former East have lost most of their industrial bases (and Germany is still a production-based export economy) and nothing replaced them. Agricultural land got bought up by large investment firms, which largely hired migrant workers to work in massive monoculture-based farms. A lot of people in the former east were employed in factory work and agriculture, so they had nothing after the Berlin Wall came down. The regions that are in the best shape have tourism to fall back on. Generally, the attitude in Germany has been "if you can't get a job where you are, move," which isn't that different from the attitude in the US and other country, but is problematic because people don't like leaving their roots and families behind, especially when they spent large parts of their life being totally separated from the place they're supposed to go to to find work. Saxony Anhalt, which saw huge AfD gains last weekend, is one of the poorest states in the country, and it is a bleak, depressing place for the most part.

Most of the refugees coming into the country aren't going to Saxony Anhalt. Based on the quota system the government has introduced, they get divided up between regions based on the economies and levels of support in those regions, which means most go to Bavaria and a big chunk also come to Berlin. Also, most of the AfD voter gains aren't coming at the losses of the CDU (Merkel's party, which is the larger party in the government coalition here), so most reports that state that the AfD gains are signalling the failure of Merkel's refugee policy are flat-out wrong. The largest chunk of AfD votes came from people who previously didn't vote at all, which leads me to believe that these are people who have been frustrated for a long time and have found a party that reflects their resentment.

To be honest, I kind of get it. I don't think they're right and I think they really, really need to look at the AfD's policies as they will not benefit them at all (AfD's largest voter base comes from the working class and unemployed. AfD wants to privatize unemployment insurance, shrink government assistance, and do a whole lot of other things that will negatively affect those groups of people). Still, these are people who rightfully feel they never got a say in democracy. States like Saxony Anhalt are smaller and have little in the way of political power, which tends to be largely influenced by the richer states in the South. Even Berlin, the capital, has less comparative influence in federal politics compared to the South. They fought for democracy and a say in government, and then they never got it. Almost nothing was transferred over from the former East during reunification, not even the stuff that actually worked like universal state daycares. They basically feel that they got taken over and then didn't get much of a say in how things went from there on. They're not always right on that, but they're also not always wrong. I think that if reunification had involved at least a little more of a cultural exchange and if people had been able to take control over their own industries (ie letting workers or local startups take over factories controlled by state-owned companies instead of selling them off to investors that would inevitably end up closing them down), this wouldn't be happening to the same degree.

Comment

I'm so PO'ed. I received my CPR card yesterday and it fell out my pocket today
              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

And a playstation. He has a playstation. Also gets fanmail... I still remember that day. If he was left to go crazy in a small hole in the ground, it would still be too kind a fate for him..
                From what I understand, most of the reason he is kept in solitary is that they expect someone to kill him if he's put with others. He killed a lot of kids...
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Found my card never mind
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that EndlessCravings.

Comment

Being called something that rhymes with witch in front of my children? Time for me to prove that I can be the biggest one of all. *cackle*
                      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Tell me this was not some stupid dude,who has no regard for the physical safety of his "Stones"?

Yeh.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It was some dude, but because I had a stomach bug and no energy, he and his stones are well enough. *for the time being at least*

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                            Being called something that rhymes with witch in front of my children? Time for me to prove that I can be the biggest one of all. *cackle*
                            Female dogs are beautiful and wonderful. Take it as a compliment.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I would have if it hadn't been for the words that preceded it that implied I had some other not so desirable traits. *shrug* So next I see this person I'm going to have to put the record straight.

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                                Why are you upset someone called you rich?

Joking aside, it's just a new low. Calling people names AND in front of their children? What is wrong with some people?
                                [4:82]

Comment

Working...
                                X