This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

hmmm, maybe don't let the dog near cacti, my first response. My second what are you doing letting a dog sniff cactus!

- - - Updated - - -

cacti needles can carry bacteria and cause infections, you want your dog to die? Get with it.

- - - Updated - - -

can you remove the needle? can you even see it on your dogs wet black nose? These are questions you have to ask yourself before playfuly letting your dog out.

Comment

Originally posted by pillar View Post
      hmmm, maybe don't let the dog near cacti, my first response. My second what are you doing letting a dog sniff cactus!

- - - Updated - - -

cacti needles can carry bacteria and cause infections, you want your dog to die? Get with it.

- - - Updated - - -

can you remove the needle? can you even see it on your dogs wet black nose? These are questions you have to ask yourself before playfuly letting your dog out.

Lol.
      First, the 'cactus' was actually an aloe vera potted plant.
      We have a rose garden in a few locations around the front yard.
      It appears that the gardeners put a new potted planted alow vera out.
      It's not nettles so much as pointy.
      I always let her in the garden because she literally stops and smells the roses.

Please calm your tits.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by pillar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The sheer numbers of comments you made in regards to Medusa's comment is unneccesary.

She didn't say anything about cacti needles. Dogs hurt themselves sometimes. Its what they do. They're perpetual toddlers.

Mostly art.

Comment

You know what they say about putting your face into a cactus? The experience really sticks with you.

Comment

SMACK!!...above and beyound the limits of Bad punning....I mean we have STANDARDS...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My job interview was a joke today! I got to the interview early and they he start the interview anyway. The interviewer said that the job starts at 7:00 AM in the morning and I have to work by all five borough of New York City. 7:00 AM is too early even in my standards and I'm not going to travel all 5 borough in New York City to work. So I didn't get the job.

Comment

You turned down a city job with the MTA because you didn't want to work at 7? You probably would have gotten free subway fare too.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                  You turned down a city job with the MTA because you didn't want to work at 7? You probably would have gotten free subway fare too.
                  Yes I have too turn it down. Because that means I have to go to bed real early meaning I have to get up real early at about by 4 or 5 AM in the morning. Also I can't travel all 5 boroughs in New York City. What if I got lost? I'm not going to risk myself for that type of job.

Comment

Among other things...I knew a guy that worked for the CITY...pretty cushy as he explained it.

I used to get up at 4am to get to my job,and got home after 8..it is a bitch of a commute,but the money was good,and that(the hours) changed after a while,and were better as far as the time was concerned...Sometimes you have to pay your dues.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm at my desk by 0630....in a place where I mostly set my own hours. Sleeping in on the weekends is waking up at 0730.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Real world Thal...real world...being retired it is the first time I have slept past 8am.

- - - Updated - - -

also wondering what your job entailed...was it very physical work?....Or was it more riding the trains and watching things?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Real world Thal...real world...being retired it is the first time I have slept past 8am.

- - - Updated - - -

also wondering what your job entailed...was it very physical work?....Or was it more riding the trains and watching things?
                          It's inventory.

Comment

as in counting and writing things down?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It's his prerogative to turn down a job for whatever reason he has. Someone else will fill the position.

I also start my job at 7am unless special arrangements were made in advance. But I don't have to rely on public transportation either. If I did, I'd have to get up at 4am instead of 5:45am and I don't blame anyone for choosing not spend hours and hours on a bus or train. Screw that.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                Among other things...I knew a guy that worked for the CITY...pretty cushy as he explained it.

I used to get up at 4am to get to my job,and got home after 8..it is a bitch of a commute,but the money was good,and that(the hours) changed after a while,and were better as far as the time was concerned...Sometimes you have to pay your dues.
                                Sounds similar to me. Up at 5 on the road no later than 6 for an hour to an hour and a half drive to work. Then reverse in the evenings getting out at 4 and not getting home till 5:15 to 5:45 normally. Even longer both ways if weather was bad. During work up times and route preparations not unusual to not get out till 7 or 8 pm and be in even earlier for the whole summer as I was under a full year contract. At times made me think I was back in the military with the 12 - 16 hour days as a Chief. Yes we did pull those hours even though many white hats didn't seem to believe it until they put on the hat.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X