This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I have never suffered from asthma and I smoked a LOT before I finely quit. Grew up in the city,so breathed dirty air (near several factories,and a foundry) and never had breathing problems.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I have never suffered from asthma and I smoked a LOT before I finely quit. Grew up in the city,so breathed dirty air (near several factories,and a foundry) and never had breathing problems.
      Lucky you! ))))
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I think I just got good genes..never been allergic(though my older brother seemed to be allergic to a LOT of things)
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Asthma is genetic, more or less in my family, father's side. Grandma->father and aunt-> cousin-> me. Thal, is it the same more or less in your family too?
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            Asthma is genetic, more or less in my family, father's side. Grandma->father and aunt-> cousin-> me. Thal, is it the same more or less in your family too?

I developed asthma after a really bad virus turned lung infection (upper and lower) turned pleurisy. I was sick for 3 months, followed by another 6 months of bronchitis. This happened about 3 years ago, and I've had asthma ever since.

I've akways had allergies, but it was mostly all in my head (physically, not mentally)...now every allergen pretty much causes an asthma attack, which my doc attributes to "you probably had a reaction before, but your lungs were healthy enough to handle it and now they can't".
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              I developed asthma after a really bad virus turned lung infection (upper and lower) turned pleurisy. I was sick for 3 months, followed by another 6 months of bronchitis. This happened about 3 years ago, and I've had asthma ever since.

I've akways had allergies, but it was mostly all in my head (physically, not mentally)...now every allergen pretty much causes an asthma attack, which my doc attributes to "you probably had a reaction before, but your lungs were healthy enough to handle it and now they can't".
              Sorry about that, Thal.. When I was in second grade, suddenly without any sign I had an asthma attack and spent 2 weeks in the hospital. The docs diagnosed me with asthma. At least now I'm more used to the smell of the old inhaler..

Comment

My younger brother and I had asthma when we were younger. Surprisingly we were allergic to ourselves. We both out grew the asthma as our bodies matured.
                I am allergic to cats now but I believe I can get over it.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I sometimes take a few minutes to entertain myself by browsing the Yahoo headlines, and today I came across something I had seen in the past that seriously gets me VERY upset. It was one of those "These Pinterest fail pictures will scare you!". They make me SO MAD because most of them are craft things that people most likely put tons of time and effort into, even though they just didn't come out quite right. Who's to say that mom wasn't super proud of her little girl for making "ghost cake pops" so posted the picture up? Who cares if they look like white frosted blobs with random candy stuck to them instead of ghosts? HAVE SOME FRIGGIN' RESPECT FOR PEOPLE AND THEIR WILLINGNESS TO SHARE THEIR EFFORTS!

Comment

I can't drive a forklift. I tried again while Josh (the asst manager) was guiding me. I crashed the tongs into a box containing I think a big power washer. Then as I tried to back up, I just scraped open the whole side of the box. So he told me to get off (nicely though. He knows my struggle). Then he did the job for the customer and then helped me practice parking it back into the tight spot. Then he clapped.

But still. I suck.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Aw Medusa, you are not alone. I think my husband us spent twenty-five percent of his work life fixing forklift mishaps. I would like to think he's as patient as your assistant manager. I bet you're kicking forklift booty in no time.

Comment

I was (I guess I still am) a certified trainer for Powered Industrial Trucks (forklifts)
                        I certified operators so they could legally operate forklifts.
                        I still have all my training stuff. I could send it to you if you think it might help.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

The news just brought these breaking news: facebook has been down for 20 minutes now. Oh wow. Apocalypse! Seriously. There must be something more relevant going on in the world!
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            The news just brought these breaking news: facebook has been down for 20 minutes now. Oh wow. Apocalypse! Seriously. There must be something more relevant going on in the world!
                            So it is doomsday today! I KNEW IT!
                            baah.

Comment

I am about to lose my head at this cell phone company. I'm on my third phone (2nd replacement) in 2.5 weeks. I literally activated this phone last night, and what a surprise, there's something wrong with it! Only because for some reason I'm not "on the policy" I have to wait until Saturday to go down there with my husband to make sure that I don't get put through any runaround (AGAIN.) I'm furious.
                              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

OMG, Faye, I'm so sorry :-(
                                She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Working...
                                X