Here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again

Today I have just seen the first Christmas puddings of 2015. And Christmas cakes. And mince pies. At least there was no Halloween stuff, but perhaps that was just an oversight. Bah, humbug!

Re: Here we go again

Ugh. Here too. Lebkuchen (gingerbread), marzipan, Stollen, and Christmas chocolates are everywhere. It's barely October! I remember when no one sold Christmas-related items before Advent. I miss those days.

Comment

I can't avoid it. At work, we start shipping out Christmas related stuff by the end of June.

Comment

Oh,you mean Yule.....Christmas is so Christ like kinda....so immaculate conception party time,and of course nothing yule like,like trees or wreaths or fat men in red suits...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Ugh....that means the anti-holiday people will be starting up soon. Last year I had to leave a facebook group I really liked because of that "It's Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays" stuff. There are so many holidays at that time of year, I don't understand how people don't know that.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Christmas a: few months planning and fuss for a few days' consumerist/Christian holiday. Or what have you.
            I don't quite understand the Christmas fever. But I don't care anymore. Hating Christmas fuss just makes it worse... (especially: "how could anyone hate christmas yadayada...")
            baah.

Comment

Christmas a: few months planning and fuss for a few days' consumerist/Christian holiday. Or what have you.
              I don't quite understand the Christmas fever. But I don't care anymore. Hating Christmas fuss just makes it worse... (especially: "how could anyone hate christmas yadayada...")
              This is pretty much my thought process anymore, too.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I have not celebrated Christmas for a very long time. I do celebrate the Yule and we exchange gifts. Those gifts are hand made by the giver and they are wonderful in their value and persona. The gifts are made as though they were made for the person crafting them. They are placed in a brown paper bag with a number written on the bag. Cards are placed in a small cauldron and chosen in ritual space. After the ritual is over we take our gifts inside and open them after the bread and wine is served. It is amazing how the gift seems to always go to the person it best fits, almost as though the gods and goddesses have a hand in it.
                In Arratu our personal talents are called Me (pronounced may) and it is said that your Me are the gifts that deity provides you at your birth. We use these gifts to make the lives around us healthier and happier.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I like Christmas, by whatever name you wanna call it - family, friends, food & booze. Yay!
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    I like Christmas, by whatever name you wanna call it - family, friends, food & booze. Yay!
                    You forgot, time off from work! Unless you work in retail. :/
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

And booze,and pie...and candy

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yay! Time off from work!

Yay! More booze, and pie and candy!

And Santa hats on the cats, and antlers on the dogs!
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Although I hate how early the winter holiday season ends up creeping into stores these days, I do love December and the whole actual lead-up to it. Christmas/Yule/Whatever you celebrate doesn't have to be a consumer nightmare. It can be a wonderful season full of friends, family, warm drinks, and delicious food. My favourites are going to the good Christmas markets to drink Gluhwein and eat tasty treats like roasted chestnuts and having lots of dinners with friends and family.

Comment

Santa hats on Cats...hmmmm

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	353058

Ho, like, ho ho, dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X