Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selective Service registration and women....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Selective Service registration and women....

Wanted to ask Thal,did you go to an all female boot camp when you did boot?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Can't speak for Thal but the Navy used to use Orlando for all female recruits, male recruits went to Orlando, San Diego or Great Lakes. That said today all Navy recruits go to Great Lakes and form up in mixed sex companies. I believe the berthing is still separate but not completely sure on that as I've heard a few people say they have joint berthing with males on one side and females on the other.

Of course if one goes back before the mid 70's there where a few more places such as Bainbridge Maryland where Navy recruits went through basic recruit training. I know Bainbridge had both male and female but where in separate companies and berthing facilities.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I did San Diego in August..better than full summer,but still hot.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I did San Diego in August..better than full summer,but still hot.
          I did the Great Lakes route, mid June to mid August I think it was. Had no desire to spend a winter at Great Lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            I did the Great Lakes route, mid June to mid August I think it was. Had no desire to spend a winter at Great Lakes.

It could be much worse - it could be on Lake Superior...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              It could be much worse - it could be on Lake Superior...
              Been some time but I seem to recall NTC (Naval Training Command) Great Lakes runs up to the shore of Lake Superior. RTC (Recruit Training Command) Great Lakes is located within NTC but it doesn't touch to lake itself. Yet it sure gets hammered with the snow from it in the winter. So I suppose you could say it was on Lake Superior. Either way sure as heck cold when winter sets in.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                Well if the State says it will quit providing services than I guess I will just quit paying taxes.
                And there goes homeless shelters, soup kitchens, social security retirement, disability insurance, workmens compensation, unemployment insurance, senior housing subsidies, child protective services, womens shelters, shall I go on ??? ... As for mandatory service ... I think it is a good thing ... For both male and female ... Don't wanna be accused of being sexist ... IMO ... USMC '74-'78 ... OOHRAH ...Click image for larger version

Name:	3rdaavinsignia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	353075
                Last edited by magusphredde; 13 Oct 2015, 14:12.
                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Your right but I don't understand your point. As I have said
                  I am quite a fan of taxes. And luckily those taxes pay for the largest military this world had ever seen therefore making compulsory service needless.

Comment

Since it is unconstitutional to have a standing army in peace time The selective service should be mothballed until such time as it is needed. When it is needed then it should compel both men and women to register. If two people register and then marry only one should be able to be drafted. Conscientious objectors have always been exempt from military service but could be drafted for civil service instead. In the beginning of our country one could pay another to take his place in the draft. That has been done away with even though it is still listed in the constitution. I do wonder what one would pay to have another go to war for him?

The draft was considered a necessity at the start of WW II but I believe it should be done away with until such time as it is needed in the future. Both men and women should be eligible and those that pass the physical should serve. Having said that I do not believe that service should be mandatory. In the USA, the people are the government. As most documents quote in their preamble, "...all just powers of government are given by the people...". We, the people, are the government and within the constitution it is stated that," The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The constitution provides limited powers to the federal government and reserves the rest to the states and the people. We are governed by the constitution and not a body of men and women in DC.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Nope. When I joined, Great Lakes (which is on Lake Michigan) was it. I was in an integrated unit--there were no female only units, but there were some male only ones. I was in one of the performance units...
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Nope. When I joined, Great Lakes (which is on Lake Michigan) was it. I was in an integrated unit--there were no female only units, but there were some male only ones. I was in one of the performance units...
                        Well I clearly recalled the lake aspect wrong. I am curious though which performance unit if you don't mind as all I recall from my boot days in 78 was state flags unit, color guard unit and I think a drill team type unit. There was a holding company unit that had every flag you could get near as I recall but they were not a special company. Vaguely recall when I was there the Held back company or holding company was the only company at the time to have all three marching competition flags. Our CC had issues with a few other CC's and we missed the Yellow marching flag known as "Old Yeller" though the other companies being judged that day with us sure though we had earned it.

Comment

Just imagine for a minute ... A squad/section of females wearing camo ... And on their monthly (we all know when they get together their timing adjusts to coincide) ... And with guns ... AAARRRGGGHHH ...
                          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                            Well I clearly recalled the lake aspect wrong. I am curious though which performance unit if you don't mind as all I recall from my boot days in 78 was state flags unit, color guard unit and I think a drill team type unit. There was a holding company unit that had every flag you could get near as I recall but they were not a special company. Vaguely recall when I was there the Held back company or holding company was the only company at the time to have all three marching competition flags. Our CC had issues with a few other CC's and we missed the Yellow marching flag known as "Old Yeller" though the other companies being judged that day with us sure though we had earned it.

State flags...I jokingly called myself Miss Delaware while I was in boot. There's the band unit too... And the silent drill guys.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X