Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daylight Saving (no S!)

Originally posted by iris View Post
    Weird... ours was this past saturday I actually didn't know it was different around the world.
    There's a North American one and an EU one, not to mention various other countries that do it. It used to be a nightmare for astrologers in the US in the days when every state had it's own start and finish date, and some had a rule that only standard zone time was to be used on birth certificates.

Comment

I can't understand people who love the dark. I have SAD, so when I don't get several hours of sunlight, I just feel tired and depressed. Like, for the past week, I've had to literally force myself to get out of bed because I just don't see the point. My rational mind knows what's going on and that's what gets me through the day (and the rest of the season until days are longer again), but the rest of my brain is pretty much like "I hate my life and I hate everything and I don't even want to bother with living right now." Darkness at 5 PM? NOT helping.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        I can't understand people who love the dark.
        I'm a self confessed Darkie. But it's more like cherishing things that you don't really notice unless you're in the dark. Sometimes I go for Midnight strolls (haven't been murdered yet so it's all good) and I really enjoy just sitting and watching other lights pop up (like the occasional car) or listening for odd sounds (it's so lovely and quiet late at night). It's even better if you're all wrapped up because it's the winter and it's quite cold, numb ears and a red nose just add to the experience.
        I get the same happy feeling when I'm going home after a late night at work when everyone else is asleep etc.

I do like nice bright mornings though, if the Sun's out I'm up up and away asap.

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          I can't understand people who love the dark. I have SAD, so when I don't get several hours of sunlight, I just feel tired and depressed. Like, for the past week, I've had to literally force myself to get out of bed because I just don't see the point. My rational mind knows what's going on and that's what gets me through the day (and the rest of the season until days are longer again), but the rest of my brain is pretty much like "I hate my life and I hate everything and I don't even want to bother with living right now." Darkness at 5 PM? NOT helping.
          I think we get more daylight on Yule than you are getting right now (and if not, its really close). I honestly couldn't live that far north. (V will be laughing when she reads this)
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I kind of like the dark, as a natural phenomenon and out of aesthetic reasons (what my brain does is an entirely different story) but I also like it when the sun gets back in business in spring. And the combination of darkness, the moon and silently falling snow...
            Here it's already getting dark after 3 PM. So, it's quite trivial with the daylight saving. You won't get any either way.
            baah.

Comment

I quite like the dark, but I need my light in good balance. I am more fussy about temperature than light levels. I do like the dark, but it has its place. But the year could just flip back and forth between winter and autumn and I'd be a happy camper.
              I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
              Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
              But that day you know I left my money
              And I thought of you only
              All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                I think we get more daylight on Yule than you are getting right now (and if not, its really close). I honestly couldn't live that far north. (V will be laughing when she reads this)
                Yeah, it's even further north than were I grew up (right on the 50th parallel...we're around 52 here). I notice it.

It's totally dark right now and has been for a while. It's 5:48 pm

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  I wish it was dark all the time. I love waking up, going to work in the dark and leaving work in the dark.
                  I know this is a stretch... But after deep consideration and deep thought... I truly believe....

You like the dark

Without going out the door, you can know the ways of the world.
                  Without looking out your window, you can see the Way of Heaven.
                  The farther you go, the less you know.
                  Thus the Sage knows without travelling, sees without looking, does without doing.

Comment

I miss the sun in the winter months but I do love snowboarding! I love that the snow makes everything so quiet (its a natural sound dampener, it absorbs some soundwaves)

Comment

Working...
                    X