Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Censorship

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
    Government just wants to protect themselves from the truth.
    That's a rather conspiratorial way of looking at things. The thing of censorship, when properly applied, is to protect, yes, but not from the "truth", whatever that may be. It is to protect from guilt by association and to avoid offense. If you openly use and have no problem with the use of the "n" word (and in this case, let us assume that the "you" in question is caucasian), and despite the fact that you may use it in the colloquial and "non-derogatory" manner that is found today, you can be easily considered to be racist and take part in verbal hostilities. Whether you truly do or not, it is about appearance rather than intent, especially when it comes to initial impressions. Therefore, it would be prudent to censor yourself and those you associate with in regards to that so that you do not exhibit the incorrect appearance.

Comment

I think there is a time and a place for censorship. For instance, I wouldn't speak at my job the way I speak to my friends or family and I watch what I say around my 5 year old because despite the fact that swearing is actually very cathartic, I don't think my son needs to know those words just yet. I think it's also kind of a mixed bag because there's people out there like those that make up the American Republican Party. They preach hate and want to take our country back 60 years but even though I hate the things they say, they still have a right to say those things. Do I want to be able to ban Donald Trump from ever opening his diarrhea mouth hole again? Yes. However, even though we might not like it, that giant whiny cheeto puff has the right to say whatever he wants because of free speech.
      (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Comment

Think about all that stuff you don't know because the govt is really good at censoring it.

Think about your government so making your decisions for you that there is actual knowledge you not only are not allowed to know..you don't even know you don't know it.

That's terrifying.

Not like 'Area 51' fake ass censorship.

Just think on that a bit and try not to get angry.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

And about free speech..you need to remember a name from the way back...Mario Savio....and the free speech movement from the very early 60's at UC Berkeley.

Here

I remember it well,living in Oakland back then..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
          X