This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoking

I get really sick from second hand smoke - smoke of any kind bothers me, not only tobacco. I stay away from it. I can't believe how expensive cigs are these days, too! I remember seeing 35 cents a pack on the machine at college.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

They were cheap in the way back,like 25 cents a pack.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What exactly is the point of this thread....? Because I'm seeing "addiction" debating (which, by the way is a dead horse) and this thread isn't in the debate section.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Started as a question as to who has smoked
          Here

Ask Norse_Angel,he began the thread.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Started as a question as to who has smoked
            Here

Ask Norse_Angel,he began the thread.
            I thought that's what I was doing....
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            Sneak Attack

Comment

I used to smoke cigarettes when I was really drunk, but I stopped because the head high got me dizzy and nauseous. The smell takes me too good places of nostalgia more often than not, but I haven't smoked a cigarette in a couple years. I'm more of a part time pot head (kappa!).

Comment

I smoked for 18 years. Started as a sophomore in HS ... because I thought it looked cool, like most everyone else's reason.

I quit 3-4 years ago. They say it is good when you stop counting because it means you aren't white knuckling it anymore, which is why I don't know for sure. My father had a triple bypass, and he quit after having smoked for 55 years, which made me feel incredibly guilty at our family get-togethers and led to me quitting too a few months later. So I could date it from around August or September of the same year as his surgery if I really wanted to be sure.

I cheated a lot for a long time though. My boss smokes, and I would bum a cigarette from her every morning for months. Also I would smoke when I went out drinking with friends who smoked. I could still see myself having a cigarette if I wanted one, but I don't usually want them anymore, at least not enough to try to get one.

The only time I could see myself going and buying a pack would be if I had a lot of housework to get done. I'm not saying I was a great housekeeper before either, but for some reason, doing a really deep, thorough cleaning of my house makes me really miss smoking worse than anything else. I work a few hours, go to take a break, and then feel ... incredibly lost and confused, like there is something I need to be doing, which I think is smoking a cigarette. Fortunatley, I can mostly avoid housekeeping to avoid this feeling!

Comment

You know my mom eventually stopped because they were seriously way too expensive. I used to get them out of a vending machine for her waaaay back in the day. Good times.

Our assistant and manager love the stuff. Not supposed to but Josh vapes in the office all the time. Makes the whole office smell like watermelon or chocolate. I was walking into the locked cash office and I opened the door and he's standing there waiting for me. The whole room awash in smoke!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    I get really sick from second hand smoke - smoke of any kind bothers me, not only tobacco. I stay away from it.
                    Same. At best I'll feel hung over the next day. At worst, I get horrible asthma. Winter is FUN this year, because more people are driving (smog), more houses are installing wood fireplaces, and there are still a few buildings that have coal heat. Berlin always has low air pressure, little wind, and deep clouds in the fall and winter, so all of that junk just floats in the air. Oh, and people smoke here A LOT and smoking isn't really banned indoors in public, so I'm exposed to smoke quite a bit when I go out.

Needless to say, I stay home a lot and feel sorry for myself. Treatment for SAD often says that you should try to get out, but how can you when you choke every time you leave the house?

Anyway, I obviously don't smoke. I tried it once or twice and it didn't go well because of asthma. I have a huge hate on for the lack of a real smoking ban here and anyone who opposes smoking bans. I've come to screaming matches with my boyfriend over it, because despite the fact that he fishing lives with me and has seen me get sick from asthma, and despite the fact that we have struggled to find a place to go out without me getting sick, he still thinks you should be able to smoke EVERYWHERE, including places where you can't currently smoke like offices and trains. So I'm like, thanks, if your wish comes true, I might as well just kill myself, because what kind of life could I have in a world like that?
                    Last edited by DanieMarie; 13 Nov 2015, 02:15.

Comment

I'm locking this thread until Norse Angel PM's me his reason for making this thread. I get that some people have a problem with others smoking, but I'm seriously? Every time!
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                      X