Your creative side,how do you cope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your creative side,how do you cope?

I draw, I paint, I do metal work, I write, I cook, I dance on the tides of life.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The Dancing fool..not sure this will work..but here goes.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Willow - I was looking at your site, about the crow divination... In Norse mythology they are a sign of death, probably cause they are carnivorous and show up to eat the corpses of battle.
        They hang out around here all the time, I call them "Stops" cause one sounds just like the word. They are very smart, caught one attacking a garbage bag outside the front door once and they never have messed with the bags again, after the neighbor in their negligence taught them there are good munchies in them, scared it big time. They hang out to pick pebbles on the side of the road for their gizzards and I often wonder how they manage through the 20 below winters. People have pointed out that they are never seen dead even by the road where they always hang out to eat the road kill and the rocks. It's strange one would think they would be caught off guard once in a while and hit by a car, but I've never seen one dead either. Oh, and they (probably Ravens) are huge around here, saw one on the side of the road once and its head was close to softball size and it just looked up as I drove by, most fly away. As a kid, a relative had one as a pet, seemed well behaved.

Comment

I have seen dead crows up in NY, city of Albany,but that was from West Nile..they(the city) required you to report dead birds cause it meant west Nile was happening.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I do it anyway.

If I'm making things for myself, I don't really care what other people think about them.

If I'm making them for the family, they appreciate the work put into it, if nothing else.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I am one of those that doesn't do things if I can't do them well. It frustrates me to no end, so drawing, jewelry making, and crafts just make me angry. I sing to myself cause I have a song stuck in my head or I'm in the car but its not something I am passionate about.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                I am one of those that doesn't do things if I can't do them well. It frustrates me to no end, so drawing, jewelry making, and crafts just make me angry. I sing to myself cause I have a song stuck in my head or I'm in the car but its not something I am passionate about.
                You can't get better if you weren't worse before.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  You can't get better if you weren't worse before.

I like to think about it like this...

The most stunning piece of artwork I've ever seen is a replica of this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	las8-300x225.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	353172

Not even the real thing...just a replica.

It not about the perfection of form, its about the statement that I am here, I have done this.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Very very true! It could also be I'm just not as passionate about those things as I am about my food. When something clicks in my head and soul and feels right I become obsessive. When I was younger this was basketball for me. Now its food.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      Very very true! It could also be I'm just not as passionate about those things as I am about my food. When something clicks in my head and soul and feels right I become obsessive. When I was younger this was basketball for me. Now its food.
                      You might find this humorous then...

Sometimes, when the hubby cooks (particularly when he grills), I do my fake caveman voice and say, "Man has made fire. Now he burn meat on both sides. Wife and children will have sustenance. Civilization has been achieved."

What can I say, we are exceedingly easily amused in our family.
                      sigpic

Comment

Lol!!! That's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          So,what do you feel and how would you deal with your creative urges?
                          I've been thinking about getting into photography again, though part of me would rather just stick with binoculars and enjoy the moment. I'm trying to learn bass guitar but I don't practice regularly enough!
                          Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                          Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                          And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                          Genesis lyric

Comment

Working...
                          X