attacks on Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: attacks on Paris

The EU has pledged support for France after it requested help abroad in response to the brutal attack in Paris claimed by the "Islamic State." France has engaged in multiple air strikes in Syria since the attack.

Well, I wasn't really expecting that. This will be different.
    Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

True enough,give people no hope,and they will cling to anything that seems to return their personal "Power" ,in Germany when the country was swimming in debt and poverty,offer a way to get back a normal and abundant life,even if it is a lie,and people will follow almost anyone who says they can change things.

- - - Updated - - -

So Mask,is that the NATO pact thing,attack one,attack all??
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This isn't Article 5 being activated. The EU has its own communal defense clause that France just called up. It won't net the US or Canada but will catch some European countries that aren't in NATO. I don't know for sure if France can activate Article 5. Their relationship with NATO is different. That said, the premise is the same. Daesh has just picked a fight with a lot more than France.
        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

One thing I do see,it is NOT going to be a good time for all those refugees because one of the attackers sneaked in under the guise of a refugee. Enough right wing push as it was,now it may catch fire.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            One thing I do see,it is NOT going to be a good time for all those refugees because one of the attackers sneaked in under the guise of a refugee. Enough right wing push as it was,now it may catch fire.
            The thing is though that most of the attackers were either long-term residents or born nationals of France and Belgium. Apparently a lot of terrorist attacks were hatched in Belgium (including this one). I wonder if it's because Belgium is in a lot rougher shape than most of its neighbours?

Comment

They did go after some people in Germany(the police did) so you never know where the paranoia will go. Enough fear,and there could be a problem..In Texas a Mosque was attacked,it is Texas,but even so.

Here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

In Germany, I don't think many people have changed their opinions. Either they were against refugees before and supported xenophobic groups like PEGIDA, or they're pretty supportive. Maybe it's solidified the PEGIDA supporters in their positions, but I don't think it's swayed anyone who is for helping refugees.

Comment

As if I needed another reason to #hate #blacklivesmatter:

Comment

Hello, again, everyone. I return to the forum after a long absence, in these sad times.
                    Living in France (Lyon), I may be able to give a few extra details; The refugees are not being bothered (more than usually at least), and they actually got together to show their support for the french.
                    So far, the country hasn't descended into raving right-wing chaos (as I feared it would), there has been a lot of good-hearted and honest support from almost everyone; The right-wing vultures have obviously tried to use this tragedy to gain votes, but there seems to be little positive response to their hate-mongering. The muslim authorities have, of course, *very* firmly condemned the attacks, and it seems that the attacks are having the opposite of the intended effect (I pray that things stay that way); so far, the response has been a tightening of the ties between people, muslims included.
                    "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

Glad to hear people in France are staying level-headed!

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                        As if I needed another reason to #hate #blacklivesmatter:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/1128/b...-prestigiacomo

Yes, hate is what is called for against an oppressed minority group who have rallied around a slogan saying their people matter because some right wing fringe site told you to.

Comment

Not against any race,BUT this group does not do itself ANY good by being this negative . When Terror happens,the last thing any minority group wants to do is seem to side with the terrorists. or seem to go against the outrage over violent acts. Some of those tweets seem PRO ISIS,and THAT IS not GOOD FOR ANYONE.

Might be a right wing site,but if you give them ammo,they will use it against you.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

A Southern Baptist shouldn't have to apologize for the Westboro Baptist Church...this isn't any different.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Discrediting an entire group because some people used a hash tag as reported by Brietbart? That's really the brown skinned experience though. You are expected to take responsibility for the actions of a minority. I wonder when white people are going to take responsibility for their history and STFU when someone starts a movement to want equal rights.

Comment

I worry because a lot of people here(US) both black and white will react very negatively,and need very little to set them off. There are many both black and white that do not harbor hate and distrust against one another. Fixing the problem does NOT mean burning down the society that seems your enemy.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X