My Guitar Was Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Guitar Was Stolen

Very sad day for me, very upsetting. I just realized my Taylor Guitar, who I've named Autumn, went missing while I was away in Chicago a couple days ago. Autumn isn't just an item or a possession to me, she was my outlet. She's been apart of me for the past 6 years, she's helped me through so many troubling times in my life. Through being kicked out of my parents at 17, when I finally got her back, I couldn't handle myself. I sat alone in a room of the house I was staying, and played until I fell asleep, at least several hours. After the raid, when suicide came to mind, I pushed those thoughts away by playing her. After my ex stole/broke a bunch of my things, and ran away with my child, Autumn was there for me. I sat in a ransacked apartment, and let my emotions flow through her. It's like I've lost a piece of myself. This isn't just a grand theft (the guitar is prized at around $2k) this is a theft of a piece of my soul. I'm lost right now. Went to the police station earlier this morning to report her stolen. There are a couple leads they are following as we speak, but I cried for the first time in at least a year.

I think it was one of my roommates friends who is known for stealing. He was over the night I last remember seeing her, the night I went to Chicago. The story behind him is quite unsettling, I've known his reputation, and told my roommates he was not allowed in my house. Well, maybe a week ago, they came to me and over weighed my arguments. It was a group decision and I was outvoted. I was not comfortable with him in my house, and now my baby is gone. I'm sitting here typing this while dealing with an emotional mess. I've talked to one of my roommates, and we've agreed to kick the roommate and his girl out within the next two days if Autumn is not returned. I am on the borderline of throwing all their stuff out onto the lawn and locking the doors so their keys won't work.

You can't steal an artists way of making art. It's so cruel, I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy. My life is currently spiraling out of control, and I don't have my baby to help me cope. I feel empty, and I just can't deal with things right now. I was supposed to go meet up with some old friends, but I'm currently locked in my room, trying to stay sane. Hopefully she is returned soon.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: My Guitar Was Stolen

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Can you file a police report?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I filed one this morning.
      - Finn's Saga

Comment

I hope it's returned to you. I can imagine how you're feeling--if someone took my folder with all of my ideas in it, I'd be devastated.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That's really crappy. I'm sorry.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

If it's any consolation, the spirits that reside in our prized possessions will often return to us if they can. That means that if Autumn is not returned to you, you may be able to purchase another guitar, or use an interim spirit house, for the spirit that made that particular guitar who she was. That means that even though you've lost the physical vessel for Autumn, you may not have lost Autumn herself... she just needs another vessel to transfer to if she can. It's not guaranteed, and some item spirits are tied to the physical item and can't leave it... but it's certainly possible and I've had it happen myself with a stolen item.

Comment

Really sorry to hear this. Hope your guitar is returned to you soon.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I got her back tonight. This is the post I made on some social media sites explaining what happened.

I just wanted to come out about this whole situation, and put this boys head on a stake. About a month ago, out of empathy and the kindness of my heart, I let this boy (I will never call this scumbag a man, he is far from it) and his pregnant girlfriend live with me in my apartment. We gave them food, we gave them blankets, we gave them a place to stay when they had no where else to go. Over the time of their presence, they did nothing to contribute to the house. I'd come home, or wake up to find the house filthy, most of the mess theirs. They didn't know how to wash dishes, they refused to put a bag in the garbage can when it was full, they would leave a mess anywhere they went. They just didn't realize mommy and daddy weren't around to clean up after them.
                Disgusting. You didn't just physically dirty up my house, you dirtied the sacred space I called home. My house is an NCN, meaning no clothing necessary. Multiple times, this boy made women I had over uncomfortable with his actions. He would sexually harass them verbally, and more than a few times, physically. Keep in mind, this filth has a pregnant girlfriend. Not only did he try things with people I brought over, (groping, pantsing, slapping their ass, etc) I caught him more than once on the phone, talking to other women, in hopes of cheating on his pregnant girlfriend. On one particular night, I came out of my room to the scene of him with his filthy little hands in his pants, touching his scummy little nob, on my couch, while on the phone with some girl, saying "Oh baby, tonight, yeah tonight, I have the money for the condoms, I can be there in a bit, oh I just wanna feel you." Meanwhile, his PREGNANT girlfriend is sleeping in their room across the hall. That night, not only did he use all of his brothers minutes on the phone to attempt to go f*** some b*** while his pregnant girlfriend waited for him to come back to bed, he actually left to go cheat on her. She doesn't want to believe he's bad. She's just as f***** up, and believes all his lies. She told me that "talking isn't cheating." I feel sorry for her, he's brainwashed you.
                Well, folks, this boy not only took advantage of my empathy in letting him stay here (without once paying rent) but he stole from me. Yes, he stole from me. The night I went to Chicago for a group meditation, <redacted>, and <redacted> went into my room, and stole my Taylor Guitar. This was not just a robbery of a possession, they tried to steal a piece of my soul. They ended up getting into contact with some guy, and traded my guitar for a car. That's right, this boy who refused to find a stable job to support his pregnant girlfriend, to save up for his child, to make a life for himself, traded my guitar for a fishing car, for his own personal gain. The only reason I got my guitar back was because I myself found the advertisement on Craigslist, posted by the guy they traded it with. It was a miracle the guitar was returned to me. I gave him multiple chances to confess to me, I told him several times that if he knew anything about where my guitar might be, and helped return it, I wouldn't press charges. But he lied to me, lied straight to my face about it. Multiple times.

<redacted>, you are scum. You are a worthless excuse for a human-being. You took advantage of my kindness time and time again. Did you really think you could just steal something like that from someone, and get away with it? Don't you have any morals? Where's the respect? I gave you a place to stay, I fed you, I gave you anything you needed that was in my power to give you, and you took advantage of me. What kind of person are you? You currently have an outstanding warrant for your arrest, not only for a grand theft charge, but now, a grand theft auto charge as well, because the car you currently posses at this time, is considered stolen. I will be pressing charges against you to the full extent of my capabilities for putting me through such an ordeal. Not only are you on probation currently for the other crimes you committed, you are now facing a class 3 felony which can result in 2-5 years of jail time, and $25,000 in fines. You will you miss the birth of your son, and he will grow up to realize how big of a piece of s*** you truly are. I have no sympathy for you. I gave you a hand when you truly needed one, but you turned around and spit in my face. Suffer in jail, and know that you did this to yourself. Forever be known as a slimmy little cheating thief who took advantage of one of the kindest people you could have met.
                Last edited by MaskedOne; 16 Nov 2015, 19:09.
                - Finn's Saga

Comment

He got it comin'

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Wow. Glad you got it back! That's such an awful thing to do.

Comment

to any moderators, I apologize about the profanity. Please change any words that you feel violate the language censorship into the right tense of "Fish." That would be so fishing cool of you, you beautiful fishes. Didn't really realize there was so much profanity.
                      - Finn's Saga

Comment

That fishing scumbag. Glad to hear Autumn was returned to you.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it back. It must have felt like a truly awful betrayal of trust.
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I'm so glad she was returned to you. Whatever happens to this boy, he deserves it and more.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Glad you got you Autumn back. The guy got less than he deserves. makes me wish that we could whip and untlaw people like that. (banish him from the community and the law's protection)

Hope that Autumn make much mor music for you and your soul

Ahh - The gods may shine on a clever 'thief' but not on someone who is such scum that they would spit on your hospitality and kindness.

Comment

Working...
                              X