This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Davidsfarm Is Going To Jail

It is easily the worst thing that has EVER happened to me. As a child I saw that man wherever I went. Around every corner, every dark room, everywhere. I was scared to be alone with ANY male that wasn't my Dad because I couldn't trust them. I didn't want anyone to touch me. He can still be found in my nightmares and I am 29. So to say three years is enough time to make one suffer I say your wrong. If you don't want them in jail for longer then that then I'll say it you can give them the death sentence because you were obviously not molested. So you have no idea what those of us who were molested go through or those children that will be.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Herbert View Post
      I'm starting to suspect I'm incapable of being uncontentious. Pedophilia and Sadism are biologically imprinted urges, but it is perfectly possible to channel them in healthy ways, healthy ways which can be taught with therapy. Namely, certain forms of BDSM.<snip?

On topic, I repeat; 3 years per child sounds about right, 1 year is still too little, 10 years per child is too much, I'm a libertarian and base my opinions on political topics off of that, I'm probably not going to change my mind, Pedophilia and Sadism can't be changed but they can be redirected.
      I am sorry about your father, and he probably should have had something legally brought up against him.

You are comparing two things that are not even close to being on the same level, and it's incredibly insulting to anyone in the BDSM scene. Including myself. It also misses a huge issue:

Consent.

You can direct sadism in a healthy way. You do so with a consenting partner, understanding of what they are and are not willing to do, and safety measures in place. Being a sadist or a masochist is not classified as a mental disorder unless it's without regard to another person's safety, or without regard to one's own safety (respectfully). There's a reason "safe, sane, consensual" and "risk aware consensual kink" are mottoes of the community.

A child cannot, legally or otherwise, consent to a pedophile. The only effective treatment thus far that has been found for a child molester is chemical castration, and that still isn't 100%, and doesn't address female molesters.

Three years in prison cannot make up for an entire lifetime of damage that a child molester can do. Especially when you consider that an offender could have molested multiple kids, and/or for multiple years. I was molested when I was eight. I was an incredibly angry, depressed, and self-destructive kid. I'm 32 now. I'm still terrified of the man who did it to me.

I consider your comparison incredibly flawed.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

It's looking like this thread has become a debate on the proper handling of pedophiles. Since it's a debate, I'm judging it by the debate section rules and since pedophile debates are explicitly banned under those rules because they're more headache than they're worth, I'm killing it.

Have a nice evening, move along.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
        X