great conversations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great conversations

What was the last great conversation you had, and who was it with?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: great conversations

Well it's hard to determine what "great" is by anyone else's standards, but taking great as "memorable" I would say it was August 5, 2013 via facebook messenger with my cousin Aaron who is a year or two older than me. He's got some pretty serious issues of his own, but he's a very daring person. He moves back and fort from the US to Asia yearly to semi-yearly to study Buddhism and parts of Buddhism in different places (like India for yoga) and either teaches English or does odd jobs to get by. His time in the US is usually spent at a monastery in California. It's a brave lifestyle.

Now like I say, he has his own problems when it comes to practical living, but spiritually, we are very much in tune with each other. And I was really suffering a lot at the time for all sorts of reasons, when all of a sudden my messenger popped up with him asking me how I was doing. We talked for three hours, and my entire perspective since has changed because of that discussion.

I've had plenty of good conversations since then, but none that were as extraordinarily impactful for me. I just hope one day I can return the favor to him.

Comment

Great by your own standards!

I have lots of good convos with the hubby, but I think my last great conversation was with Chickadee...she's a really insightful kid. We watched the trailer for Suffragette, and ended up having a very interesting conversation about being female.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Not the last but the ones I had with H were always awesome.

But the last? A conversation with my co worker about wanting to take care of the kitten outside of work. He asked me if Satan would approve of this.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hmm. I really had to think about this. I miss having good conversations. Probably the last time TurningTides and I really had a long talk about our respective pagan paths. Or talking to my editor about the James Bond movies, how they're changing, and what we'd like to see happen.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

With myself about overcoming my feelings for my crush after being said no 6 years ago.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Last great conversation I had was with one of my online friends over Skype. We laugh together a lot so our conversations can be meaningful and hilarious at the same time.

Comment

Working...
              X