Juvenile offenders & life sentances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Juvenile offenders & life sentances

I also oppose a child and a teen to get a death sentence. Just to be clear and let you all know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      I also oppose a child and a teen to get a death sentence. Just to be clear and let you all know.
      Thank you for clarifying that, but please explain how any child above the age of two is able to commit a heinous crime with full knowledge of what they are doing and should be tried as an adult.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

The miracle that I'm talking about is finding a cure for sociopaths. I'm not saying that all sociopaths are murderers. I said some sociopaths are murderers.

Comment

The miracle that I'm talking about is finding a cure for sociopaths. I'm not saying that all sociopaths are murderers. I said some sociopaths are murderers.
          Okay, why are you trying to find a cure, though? And yeah, some sociopaths are murderers, just like some minors, some adults without mental health issues, anyone. Most sociopaths won't take a cure. Actually the majority of them will think they are too better off to take a cure.
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

You're avoiding my question. Please explain and support your position about a child over the age of two being accountable for murder.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

It all depends on how you teach a child and a child will learn. Or a child will learn on his/her own. If the the child want to know how the hunt the child mimics. If the child know how to murder no matter how bad and illegal is it the child mimics. Blame it on TV, video games and social media on it.

Comment

It all depends on how you teach a child and a child will learn. Or a child will learn on his/her own. If the the child want to know how the hunt the child mimics. If the child know how to murder no matter how bad and illegal is it the child mimics. Blame it on TV, video games and social media on it.
                What? You cannot teach a child not to be a sociopath or not to murder someone. Even if they thought it was wrong, they would still do it if they wanted to. You can't prevent everything that a person does in their life by just teaching them. You can attempt to teach them the difference between right or wrong. And I wouldn't go blaming it on video games, tv, or social media.
                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

No, I don't blame the media for a child committing a violent act. It's the parents' job to help a child understand what is real and what is fantasy, and that the things in a movie and a video game would hurt someone in real life. While I do agree that upbringing can have a factor on whether or not a child acts violently, handwaving it as the media's fault is unfair and quite frankly, just looking for a devil.

But, this is changing the subject, and still not answering my question. Back to the original topic. A three-year-old kills another child by hitting them over the head with a hammer. You believe the child is culpable for the crime, and is fully aware of what they were doing. Please explain why you believe this beyond how they were raised, as it's highly unlikely for that child's mental and physical development at that age.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

As I mentioned before kids over the age of 3 mimic stuff all the time. If they pretended to play cops using fake guns imagine what will be like if kids play with and he/she kills a person. I also blame it on the child parents for not being responsible with their neglect.

Comment

As I mentioned before kids over the age of 3 mimic stuff all the time. If they pretended to play cops using fake guns imagine what will be like if kids play with and he/she kills a person. I also blame it on the child parents for not being responsible with their neglect.
                      Yes, but that's not willfully committing a crime. That's imitating something and not understand that what they're doing isn't pretend. How does that make them culpable for murder?

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

If an adult can commit a heinous crime so can a child even at an early. Well I think a child should be in a psych ward to avoid jail time. That's the only suggestion I could think of at this point.

Comment

If an adult can commit a heinous crime so can a child even at an early. Well I think a child should be in a psych ward to avoid jail time. That's the only suggestion I could think of at this point.
                          Difference between a three year old and an adult is that the adult knows what they're doing.

Comment

A child that young most likely can't separate reality from fantasy yet. What good would a psych ward do if they're too young to understand that the gun they're playing with wasn't real?

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Defense of Infancy

The age varies but a rather large number of nations flat out refuse to prosecute the very young for a reason and the age is almost always several years past three. Our hypothetical three year old killer isn't and really shouldn't even be eligible for trial and any prosecutor attempting it would be thrown out of the court room by a pissed off judge. Replace him with an eight year old and life gets a bit more interesting in some jurisdictions but the lowest US age of responsibility that I'm aware of is 6 and by the standards of most other countries listed in the above link (and actually the US federal standard), that age is unconscionably low.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I still say that the child should get a life sentence. If doesn't matter if the child doesn't understand it. Murder is still murder.

Comment

Working...
                                X