Tabloid Journalism, Is It Real News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabloid Journalism, Is It Real News

Today I told everybody at AHRC that a long time ago I read this wonderful newspaper, The National Enquirer and there was a true story about a guy who went on a job interview and at the end of the job interview the boss revealed himself as a brain-sucking alien and the alien suck out his brain. The guy is still alive today but he's totally mindless at this very day. I told my therapist the same thing. But she said it's fake. In my opinion I believe that tabold journalism is real news. I mean why on earth would they made up this epic and legandary story. They got proof and sources. I know it's real. What do you think?

Re: Tabloid Journalism, Is It Real News

Honestly? I think it's garbage. It conveys no useful information and no actual sources for their stories. Granted, a lot of "real" news is like that as well. The brain-sucking story, for example, logically must be fake because you cannot survive without a brain. Just like a computer can't function without a hard drive. Tabloids are often sued because of doing things like posting stories of celebrities with no bias, just to sell issues.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

They do not have proof or sources...at least not real ones. Tabloid news is absolutely made up.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        They do not have proof or sources...at least not real ones. Tabloid news is absolutely made up.
        Does that mean the President Obama isn't Bat Boy?

Shoot. They have a photo and everything...

Click image for larger version

Name:	obama-batboy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	353205

I'll have to break that to my mother-in-law. She won't be happy.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Anything can be made up. Tabloid papers do this in order to sell copies.

You really do need to be a little more critical of the stuff you read and hear, BMH. Keep an open mind, by all means, but not so open that your brains fall out.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Rule of thumb...just because it is in a paper,or on TV does not make it true in all cases.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Who was it that said; " if you read the papers you are misinformed, if you don't you are uninformed."? I'm thinking it was someone in the 50's?
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Ah, but better misinformed than apathetic

Comment

I'm going to disagree with that thought on the grounds that an apathetic can be educated but most misinformed people treat their opinions as fact and are unwilling to learn anything that opposes their opinion.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

Being apathetic is the worst thing you can do, other than doing something that actively (rather than passively) harms someone else, because it is the epitome of self harm, in my perspective. At very least, misinformation implies a desire to learn and thus do something, which is of significant goodness in and of itself, even if you learned the wrong thing.

Comment

I totally believe every single word in the National Enquirer.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Well I still think that tabloid journalism considered to be a great asset of real news everywhere.

Comment

Do the term "Yellow journalism" ring any bells?
                          Sauce here.

- - - Updated - - -

Also here.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I think it can be better described as cow patties or fertilizer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                              Well I still think that tabloid journalism considered to be a great asset of real news everywhere.
                              Why is that? Do you have some resources or research you could share to support that, outside of the tabloids themselves?
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X