Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sociopaths: Can They Be Cured

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    If human body can repaired itself so can a human brain.
    Yeah...not so sure that's possible. Personality disorders tend to stick, maladaptive behaviors and all. Therapy can help people learn to control themselves but it doesn't work that easily.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Truth be told,humans are really very fragile. Not all that hard for us to die,depends on at times what we wear...helmet to protect our brain,and even then limited protection at that.
      The football helmet dose not completely protect from concussion. Concession is when our brain bounces around inside our skull.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Truth be told,humans are really very fragile. Not all that hard for us to die,depends on at times what we wear...helmet to protect our brain,and even then limited protection at that.
        The football helmet dose not completely protect from concussion. Concession is when our brain bounces around inside our skull.
        Yes. It can only take one time for something to happen that causes enough damage to last a life time.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
          You do understand that putting effort into trying to change your behavior when it comes from a damages part of the brain, a chemical imbalance, or something of the like, is highly unlikely without medical help. I don't say impossible, but unlikely.

Especially with antisocial personality disorder, where there hasn't been s lot of effective treatment. Your statement makes me think of the people to tell me to "just get over" my clinical depression, or to "pay more attention" to conquer the ADHD (attention focused).

Looks like you pretty much summed it up, Habbs. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          Generally speaking, I think it CAN be cured. Can it be cured today? I don't know... Perhaps in the future, one day.
          I don't think it can be cured. Possibly, ever. I do think that there are ways for therapists to help people with ASPD, cope and such. It seems like it would be impossible to cure a personality disorder. But, you never know, maybe somewhere in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            But the human body is extremely limited in its ability to repair itself. It cannot regenerate limbs. It cannot repair severed nerve connections. It cannot regrow sensory hair cells in the ear. Once you injure a growth plate enough, it cannot be healed (and if you are still of an age to be growing, your growth of that limb will be impeded).
            That is very true.

Comment

It is regularly thought that addiction is uncurable. With that said there is affective treatment for it. Perhaps some day there will be a cure for this and other problems such as ASPD. Until that time and effective treatment is the only thing that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Taulmaril View Post
                It is regularly thought that addiction is uncurable. With that said there is affective treatment for it. Perhaps some day there will be a cure for this and other problems such as ASPD. Until that time and effective treatment is the only thing that will work.
                There's therapy and not everybody can get it. Either learn to fit in and control yourself or go to jail. It's a spectrum and the low functioning end up in prison or some type of correctional facility. They make up about 25% of the prison population.

Comment

Working...
                X