Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peace Or War

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    You hippy,dippy do do...Everybody must be cloned.....
    If I were "cloned," I'd be giggling like the piano player on Reefer Madness.

He he he he... Legalization on the Michigan ballot for 2016!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Man I am so glad you at least understand my humor and references.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Strangely, everyone seems to know the answer to the question, "Will humans ever stop fighting wars?" To get the answer, we look to our distant past.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

The Ghost in the Machine

As neuroscience goes, this book is ancient and outrageously out-of-date, but its essential theory - that humans are inherently insane due to evolutionary quirks - is still sound.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It is most often the preparation for war that keeps what peace we have. Then a boiling point is reached and we have to project war to designated areas to keep it from our own, that "home" can continue to enjoy peace. I don't see peace in our lifetime... not until a higher state of consciousness is reached by the entire human race... and we're a long way from that.

Comment

There is a difference between being a hippie and scientific evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by THANK... View Post
                There is a difference between being a hippie and scientific evidence.
                I fully believe that meditation makes a difference.

I do not believe, however, that those who most need it will ever be willing to do it.

That, my friend, is wishful thinking.

Comment

True, but those that already practice can come together and practice in a group to maximize the effects of a shared consciousness that helps bring, even just a little, peace to the surrounding people and environment.

Like a pacifist coming between two rivals about to fight the rivals may never give up fighting in their own time but around the presence and words of the pacifist they do not gravitate towards violence in that moment. Just that much peace can go a long way, especially in a party or other social environment.

Comment

True, but those that already practice can come together and practice in a group to maximize the effects of a shared consciousness that helps bring, even just a little, peace to the surrounding people and environment.

Like a pacifist coming between two rivals about to fight the rivals may never give up fighting in their own time but around the presence and words of the pacifist they do not gravitate towards violence in that moment. Just that much peace can go a long way, especially in a party or other social environment.
                    More likely the less stable or more angry rival will neutralize the people between them.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I tend to find a pacifist or other has little to do with stopping or preventing something. More often it seems to be a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Only thing changing is how enemy is defined whether it be economic, theological, political, ethical, etc. Because a shared enemy is perceived a false sense of security halts many actions. Yet halts them only until a new set of enemies are identified that changes the sides once again.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I tend to learn from nature (you know, being pagan and all).

This is what I know - any animal that doesn't, can't, or won't fight had better be breeding like rabbits because a single predictor can be pretty devestating otherwise.

Comment

A pacifist just means a peaceful person who doesn't want to fight, but it doesn't mean they don't know how, but because of their experience in fighting or survival skills they are well equipped to stop the fight if it comes down to fists being thrown. With that said, the pacifists that do not know anything nor care to know anything about fighting and self-defense are generally the people I have seen trying to stop fights because all they want is a quiet place and good times. There is also the strength in numbers game, where when more people want peace, if the aggressor attacks the pacifist a group will stop the fight by subduing the aggressor and dragging them away from the confrontation and getting a friend to calm the aggressor down. Maybe I have just seen more peaceful action so I tend to believe in it because of that, also maybe because I have always been involved with anarchist idealists that believe in peace and standing up for others even if their safety is on the line. Compassion is real in the normal world, believe it or not.

Comment

For as long people want, people will war. People don't fight over something they don't care about. When was the last time people warred for the right to help the poor?
                            I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                            Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                            But that day you know I left my money
                            And I thought of you only
                            All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
                            X