Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Years Resolutions!

Originally posted by Spiny Norman View Post
    Have you got any more? Or can you link to some?
    Well, this one is a bit bizarre:

No one can have a mouth full of flour and also blow on a fire.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post

You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post

Flour can be used to put out a fire so couldn't you blow the flour on the fire?
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          Flour can be used to put out a fire so couldn't you blow the flour on the fire?
          Nope...in that form, it will catch fire. Flour works when you dump a large amount of it on a fire because it smothers it. But when you suspend it into air like that, it's a great fuel. Today, you don't see many flour mill explosions (though occasionally coal dust or grain silos, generally when they don't follow safety regulations), but it wasn't uncommon.

Check out this stereoscope image of a flour mill explosion in 1878.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I'm in the "I never make New Years Resolutions" boat, as well. However, having decided this month that I've hit rock bottom, I have decided to start some new goals for myself at the end of the month...which just happens to be when all the other people are doing it too.

1. Lose the 20lbs that misery and depression have put on me. Seriously. My dress pants DO NOT FIT. I have a roll now when I bend over, and I can see the difference in my face. It's time to kick myself in the butt and stop binge eating potato chips and beer because it feels better than trying to live well.

2. On that note - work on my depression. I get that it's not a forever thing for me, but I started reading a book recently that made me realize that the thoughts I have which feel as true as fact, are in fact, only my negative brain telling me terrible things. I need to learn how to rewire my brain. It is OK for me to be happy. It is OK for me to be loved. I just have to learn to love myself more. (or at all, really).

There are more, but those are the two big ones. Honestly, I think once I start working out and running again, and eating healthier, 1) will turn into 2).

Mostly art.

Comment

I do two things: 1) Try to try something new every New Years 2) set yearly goals
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

You know what? I think I want to add an actual resolution goal instead of a continuation of stuff I've already been working on....

I want to actually beat a video game. Of all the games I've played over countless years, I don't think I've ever actually beaten one. I always have the ending ruined for me by the ex husband playing the same games and me watching him beat it and abandoning my own game.

I've got over 200 hours poured into a single character in Dragon Age Inquisition and I'm maybe only half way through (not 100% on that estimate of how far) but I've yet to beat Origins (heck, only just started it last night) or DA:2 (On either system I've played it. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite series of all time and I've yet to beat any of those games either-something has always stopped me from finishing it.

Also This:

Click image for larger version

Name:	resolutions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	353222
                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                sigpic

Comment

I have no resolution, but I hope you all find great things on the Path this coming year. I look forward to becoming an active participant on the forums again later this year!

Comment

I have a huge list of things I want to get done, and this year's theme is Shedding Skin and Tying Loose Ends. I should revive my blog and post about it.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

This year I just want to continue making progress in improving my mental and emotional health. I've decided to start keeping a journal again. I already had a journal in which I recorded my Cognative Behavioural Therapy work, and meditation etc, but I haven't kept a regular 'today I went shopping with Nat' type journal for a few years. Keeping this isn't exactly a resolution, but I think it will help my cause, so definitely something I plant to stick to!
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        This year I just want to continue making progress in improving my mental and emotional health. I've decided to start keeping a journal again. I already had a journal in which I recorded my Cognative Behavioural Therapy work, and meditation etc, but I haven't kept a regular 'today I went shopping with Nat' type journal for a few years. Keeping this isn't exactly a resolution, but I think it will help my cause, so definitely something I plant to stick to!
                        Well done you! I wish you much luck on your journey, I hope it helps you

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                        Also This:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4644[/ATTACH]
                        Love you for this Yorin! lol it made my day

Comment

Actually I genuinely need to improve my physical health. I got a set of electronic scales that measure body fat and hydration, which are much better measures of health than BMI (although it gives BMI too, I more or less ignore it). I'm way out for my age and height and it's reflected when I try and be active.

I'm quite good at 'being hard on myself' so if I deny myself something I can probably keep it up. In this case I am cutting out fizzy drinks and pure sweets full stop. To be honest I see no problem cutting these out as they're just downright bad for me and the only satisfaction is feeding a reptilian addiction to sugar that companies exploit. Homemade Victoria sponge: fine; honey: fine; Haribo: BAD; Mars bars: BAD; milkshakes: BAD! Only chocolate from hereon in is dark chocolate. Not just my weight and stuff, but also my teeth need better care. No amount of brushing (too often also being bad for you) compensates for too much sugar and carbonation. So yeah. Healthier diet.
                          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                          But that day you know I left my money
                          And I thought of you only
                          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Kiesha'ra View Post
                            Love you for this Yorin! lol it made my day
                            I was hoping someone here appreciated this aside from me lol
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              Nope...in that form, it will catch fire. Flour works when you dump a large amount of it on a fire because it smothers it. But when you suspend it into air like that, it's a great fuel. Today, you don't see many flour mill explosions (though occasionally coal dust or grain silos, generally when they don't follow safety regulations), but it wasn't uncommon.

Check out this stereoscope image of a flour mill explosion in 1878.
                              That made me remember a place where I worked that made computer stations for factory floor use. There were all sorts of rules for the environment the workstation was going into and "combustible dust" was one of the categories. I'd never heard of it until then.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X