Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrest Warrant Issued for Bill Cosby for Alleged January 2004 Sexual Assault

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
    What makes Bill Cosby innocent is that he has not been convicted.
    Anyone can be accused of anything many times but until judged by a jury there is only accusation.
    Exactly. As long he remained innocent those wrong will accused him as many times as they want regardless if this so-called rape really did happen.

Comment

Re: Arrest Warrant Issued for Bill Cosby for Alleged January 2004 Sexual Assault

I won't comment on the veracity of the accusations. They might be true. I will comment on his right to be held innocent until convicted.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
        I won't comment on the veracity of the accusations. They might be true. I will comment on his right to be held innocent until convicted.
        My point was that he had two cases dismissed out of 37. That means that there wasn't enough evidence against him in two cases. It doesn't mean that he is not responsible for the other crimes. Dismissing them all under the same banner is illogical and insulting to the alleged victims.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
          My point was that he had two cases dismissed out of 37. That means that there wasn't enough evidence against him in two cases. It doesn't mean that he is not responsible for the other crimes. Dismissing them all under the same banner is illogical and insulting to the alleged victims.
          Can you at least prove it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            Can you at least prove it?
            What are you asking me to prove? I'm not a prosecutor. I don't have the evidence in front of me. I can prove that there are 37 allegations, if that's what you're asking.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

In this case, yes. But as I said before I just stop caring about the news about this whole hogwash.
              Well. That settles it. Bart's tired of this news so let's just let Cosby go and pretend it never happened.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                What are you asking me to prove? I'm not a prosecutor. I don't have the evidence in front of me. I can prove that there are 37 allegations, if that's what you're asking.
                My point exactly. You can't prove if Bill Cosby really did rape these women. So Bill Cosby wins by default.

Comment

My point exactly. You can't prove if Bill Cosby really did rape these women. So Bill Cosby wins by default.
                  First, he hasn't been given his trial. That's when you give your evidence. Not now. Come on. Don't you watch Law and Order. We've been through this before. You are a bad tv lawyer. I'm firing you.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That's not how logic works. I didn't make the positive claim that he did rape those women. I made the positive claim that he has 35 other accusers. I can easily prove that. He doesn't "win" by default because he hasn't been tried yet--he just hasn't been tried yet. I can hold the belief that he is probably guilty without claiming its absolute reality.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Come on now it wasn't Bill Cosby that is being accused of all this. It has to be his doppleganger that did all of this and he is innocent. Bad doppleganger it should be brought up on charges and held responsible for all the rapes, drugging's and other assault like things it is accused of doing.

Innocent? I hardly think so. Getting off scot free? Hardly think that's the truth either. Figure he's slowly being destroyed as his career and awards / recognition's are being stripped away from him. Reputation is going down the toilet more and more every day. While the statue of limitations has expired on many of these accusations I am not sure other "Civil" type law suits can not be brought against him. Sort of like how O. J. got off the murder charges but was found guilty in civil litigation cases.

So hardly think he is getting a win out of this even by default.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

the court of public opinion can sometimes be more harsh than the judicial system
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

How can we even be sure if those women are telling the truth at all? Where's the evidences to back up there story because I don't see any evidence at all and I believe Bill Cosby is innocent on this whole BS!

Comment

How can we even be sure if those women are telling the truth at all? Where's the evidences to back up there story because I don't see any evidence at all and I believe Bill Cosby is innocent on this whole BS!
                            We can't. The evidence isn't available to us yet. It's up to the lawyers to present their side's evidence and stories to the court, and to work through lies to find who is telling the truth. It's up to the judge and jury to determine whether or not the allegations brought forward prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty, or if they have no case again him.

What evidence are you looking for? The alleged victims have come forward with their stories, and many are similar (involving drugging or getting someone drunk beforehand). If you're expecting a photo or a video, I wouldn't count on it.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

This kind of thinking is exactly why most rapists get away with their disgusting crime.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                This kind of thinking is exactly why most rapists get away with their disgusting crime.
                                There are vile money and fame seekers out there, women are capable of bad and selfish things too. I'm interested to know how anyone concludes something so far back did happen, though. I'm not saying it didn't, just can't see how anyone can back up stories or provide alibis for so long back.
                                I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                                Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                                But that day you know I left my money
                                And I thought of you only
                                All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
                                X