X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panentheism

[quote author=Agamemnon link=topic=1184.msg22720#msg22720 date=1292460513]
    I am a Polytheist. I believe that the Gods are distinct entities seperate from the universe.
    [/quote]

They are not separate from the universe.They are either in this universe or another one (as there is a lot of universes).
    "The life is in breath." -Thoth

Comment

[quote author=Chalice link=topic=1184.msg25071#msg25071 date=1293457042]
      They are not separate from the universe.They are either in this universe or another one (as there is a lot of universes).
      [/quote]

And you know this....how?
      Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Great thread! I didn't know anything about Panetheism before, but the diagram really helps! Thanks!
        It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Can someone who is Panentheist please answer my questions?

... Or else...

;D
          [4:82]

Comment

[quote author=cesara link=topic=1184.msg25120#msg25120 date=1293474728]

And you know this....how?
            [/quote]

Well I don't have hard evidence but you can look through some books like "The Lost Book of Enki" and/or "Temple of the Ancients".
            If I say I communicate with gods, only one thing will come into your mind "Surrealism" but that is known as false to me.There's nothing surreal.it's either sub-con mind tricks, or real things.
            "The life is in breath." -Thoth

Comment

[quote author=Dumuzi link=topic=1184.msg23901#msg23901 date=1292945718]
              I have a question cesara!
              Do panentheists usually believe that the divine is conscious?
              What I specifically mean by that, do you believe that the divine is good for example? Or neither good nor bad?
              Can it judge people? Punish criminals? Does the divine have a will of its own? Can it show mercy and so on to whom it wills?
              [/quote]

[quote author=Dumuzi link=topic=1184.msg25186#msg25186 date=1293503549]
              Can someone who is Panentheist please answer my questions?
              ... Or else...
              ;D
              [/quote]
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[/quote]

Thank you, thank you! Yes, exactly this!

sigpic

Comment

Thank you, B. de Corbin[/quote]

Sometimes, liver cells start acting badly and become malignant. That's when you have to remove them surgically

I do have a lot of questions, but I will ask them later on if that's OK

Comment

[quote author=Dumuzi link=topic=1184.msg26166#msg26166 date=1293838087]
                    That's when you have to remove them surgically
                    [/quote]

...most people tend to see a doctor for that :P
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=1184.msg26168#msg26168 date=1293838332]

...most people tend to see a doctor for that :P
                      [/quote]

Doctors are scam artists, I just use natural herbs! :P

(I meant you have to have them removed surgically by a professional!)

Comment

[quote author=Dumuzi link=topic=1184.msg26171#msg26171 date=1293838868]
                        Doctors are scam artists...[snip][/quote]

Yes, yes....especially those Egyptian doctors.....they'll get you every time if you're not careful.

sigpic

Comment

I wanted to thank you for posting this topic here (and that illustration!). A few months before I found this thread, I read about the Hindu god Brahman and became really excited that I'd finally found something that closely resembled my concept of the Divine. I hadn't read about Panentheism, so when I read this post I felt... relieved to find the exact term that described me I've spent years kind of floating around, a bit spiritually lost, and this has really given me so much focus

I'm curious what the panentheists reading this think about Gods/Goddesses? I ultimately view the Divine as an impersonal spiritual, creative force, but I also believe there's a personal Goddess/Spirit/Energy that's connected with me before and who I can connect with again. I feel like She is one aspect of the Divine, a small sliver of consciousness tied into Earth & Humanity, but not THE Divine... if that makes any sense I'm still very much on this journey, and I'm really interested in hearing what others think/do/feel.

Comment

[quote author=BlueAurora link=topic=1184.msg30646#msg30646 date=1296018306]
                            I wanted to thank you for posting this topic here (and that illustration!). A few months before I found this thread, I read about the Hindu god Brahman and became really excited that I'd finally found something that closely resembled my concept of the Divine. I hadn't read about Panentheism, so when I read this post I felt... relieved to find the exact term that described me I've spent years kind of floating around, a bit spiritually lost, and this has really given me so much focus

I'm curious what the panentheists reading this think about Gods/Goddesses? I ultimately view the Divine as an impersonal spiritual, creative force, but I also believe there's a personal Goddess/Spirit/Energy that's connected with me before and who I can connect with again. I feel like She is one aspect of the Divine, a small sliver of consciousness tied into Earth & Humanity, but not THE Divine... if that makes any sense I'm still very much on this journey, and I'm really interested in hearing what others think/do/feel.
                            [/quote]

I don't want to derail this post so forgive me if this is perhaps off topic: but I feel pretty much exactly the same, BlueAurora, and felt the same as I read this post. I too have a god (The Great Spirit) and Father Bear, who I believe is my personal sliver of the Great One.

To me, Panentheism doesn't seem like an exclusive term - like, "you can't be a panentheist and take from other deistic ideas. The possibility that The Great Spirit is not only earth, but everything that ever was and could be says to me that its covering the unexplained, which I appreciated from the term.

Am I interpreting that correctly, Cesara?
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=1184.msg30846#msg30846 date=1296099386]
                              I don't want to derail this post so forgive me if this is perhaps off topic: but I feel pretty much exactly the same, BlueAurora, and felt the same as I read this post. I too have a god (The Great Spirit) and Father Bear, who I believe is my personal sliver of the Great One.

To me, Panentheism doesn't seem like an exclusive term - like, "you can't be a panentheist and take from other deistic ideas. The possibility that The Great Spirit is not only earth, but everything that ever was and could be says to me that its covering the unexplained, which I appreciated from the term.

Am I interpreting that correctly, Cesara?
                              [/quote]

I can't help but feel excited and refreshed when other people view the Divine in the way I do! ;D

I guess I wondered if, like you said, it was exclusive. If by also believing in a personal spirit/guide/goddess, I go against the whole idea of Panentheism. I don't personally think I do (like you!), and I feel like the two concepts can easily go hand in hand, but I wondered what others thought, whether there was anyone who adamantly believed that panentheism, by definition, doesn't differentiate from the ultimate Divine and other gods - it's all one thing, period, or you're not really a panentheist.

It personally fits for me right now. Panentheism describes the limitless, non-temporal, multi-dimensional nature that I feel the Divine is, but it's a bit hard to connect spiritually with the Divine when It's beyond human comprehension That's why I feel drawn to connect with a female spirit that's a bit closer to home

Comment

[quote author=Dumuzi link=topic=1184.msg26166#msg26166 date=1293838087]

I do have a lot of questions, but I will ask them later on if that's OK
                                [/quote]Ask away D ...
                                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                                X