X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ONLY AUTHORIZED ELECTION NEWS THREAD--no debating allowed

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Also because American bought into the racket of the stock market in unprecedented numbers (which is really just legalized gambling over corporate reputation and worth these days, and not actually an investment in corporate ownership).
    Companies didn't want their employees owning anything, and the 401K took over what used to be profit-sharing and company-paid pensions. In a lot of cases, they offered "matching contributions" but that portion was still less than a traditional pension. The 401K is fairly new and became widely popular during the Reagan years.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The story keeps moving,and time waits for no one. The world became one big outdoor super market,and that changed the whole paradigm. The major problem is no one really understands this Giant Machine of economy,and just how it all interconnects. If you just keep throwing things at a wall until something sticks,that is not control,it is just plain dumb luck if it works at all,and in future may crash the whole thing.

Global economy's of scale,are riding down the road at a thousand miles an hour,with no brakes,and dysfunctional air bags,hoping that no deer jumps out in front of it.
      Last edited by anunitu; 03 Jun 2016, 15:38.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Also, my grandma didn't lose her job because it went to China and Mexico, she lost it because people wanted cheap, disposable goods (made by nigh slave labor)
        ...and imported from China.

over higher quality American-made goods
        Which are more expensive and can't compete due to lack of regulation, in the form of protectionism. And are also probably owned by multinational corporations that were founded in America, yet moved overseas to tax havens.

In order for the markets to be truly free, there needs to be regulation. Too much is just as bad as too little, if not worse. It needs to be smart regulation, efficient and fair. A lot of government regulation as it stands is rooted in corporatism and cronyism or else just ineffective.
        Last edited by Denarius; 03 Jun 2016, 15:44.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I have 3 Campbell's Soup bowls. The one from the 1960's was made in the USA, the one from the 80's in Korea, and the one from the 90's in China. That's basically been the progression, with Japan/Taiwan along the way.
          sigpic

Comment

Remember those bowls and dishes that were made from radioactive glaze,now collectors stuff.

here there be glowing dishes.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

We had a few "irradiated " dimes from the World's Fairworldsfairdime.jpg

All that nuclear stuff was thought to be so cool back then, and now we know it's really dangerous.....and we have to hand over the controls to someone new in a few months.
              sigpic

Comment

A take on anti-Trump violence the liberal medias weakness.

(This is a joint post by Douglas and Cato) Once upon a time, a small group of indigenous people took on the Klan and won in the rural South in 1958. The Lumbee tribe is not a big or especially well…

Comment

I liked the story PM.

Also something came to mind,The Reichstag Fire

On February 27, 1933, the German parliament (Reichstag) building burned down due to arson. The government falsely portrayed the fire as part of a Communist effort to overthrow the state.

Using emergency constitutional powers, Adolf Hitler’s cabinet had issued a Decree for the Protection of the German People on February 4, 1933. This decree placed constraints on the press and authorized the police to ban political meetings and marches, effectively hindering electoral campaigning. A temporary measure, it was followed by a more dramatic and permanent suspension of civil rights following the February 27 burning of the parliament building.

Believe this is where the term "False flag" came from.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

>A few supporters are violent at a few out of dozens of rallies.
                    >A few protesters are violent at a few out of dozens of rallies.
                    >Protesters start rioting. Assaulting crowds, which include women, and viciously beat up a gay hispanic man for being a "race traitor."

"They're the violent and anti-democratic ones, we're morally justified for escalating the violence and attacking innocent people because herp-a-derp Trump's a Nazi."

What a great article.

Hillary's a Nazi too? Then it's morally justified to riot at her events as well!

Last edited by Denarius; 05 Jun 2016, 11:58.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

It does, People should riot at Hillary's events. She is a criminal.

Comment

Growing fear in GOP about Trump.

Washington (CNN)Top Republican officials and donors are increasingly worried over the threat Donald Trump's attack on a judge's Mexican heritage could pose to their party's chances in November -- and about the GOP's ability to win Latino votes for many elections to come.
                        Trump is under fire for repeatedly accusing U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is overseeing a lawsuit involving Trump University, of bias because of his Mexican heritage. Those concerns intensified Sunday after Trump said he would have the same concerns about the impartiality of a Muslim judge.

I am not making judgment,just reporting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump makes nice to N.M. Gov. Susana Martinez ‘in near future’

Story here.

Just my take,but the line "Please forgive me Baby,I will never hit you again,I promise" pops right into my head...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Alberto Gonzales, the first hispanic Attorney General, says that Trump has the right to question the Judge's impartiality.

[...] some have said that Trump’s criticism of the judge reflects on his qualifications to be president. If the criticism is solely based on Curiel’s race, that is something voters will take into account in deciding whether he is fit to be president.

If, however, Trump is acting from a sincere motivation to protect his constitutional right to a fair trial, his willingness to exercise his rights as an American citizen and raising the issue even in the face of severe criticism is surely also something for voters to consider.
                          Last edited by Denarius; 06 Jun 2016, 00:31.

Comment

That path works better if you are not running for POTUS...Just saying...timing is everything...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Honestly, at this point, I seriously doubt anyone is on the fence about whether Trump is a racist or not.

Comment

The America Donald Trump Would Make (Again)

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X