This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ONLY AUTHORIZED ELECTION NEWS THREAD--no debating allowed

Does the free exercise clause apply to non-citizens? I know freedom of speech and press does, as does due process and equal protection. Also, we can discriminate based on national origin when it comes to immigration so equal protection is out of the picture in terms of defending against it.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
      Does the free exercise clause apply to non-citizens? I know freedom of speech and press does, as does due process and equal protection. Also, we can discriminate based on national origin when it comes to immigration so equal protection is out of the picture in terms of defending against it.

First amendment - Congress shall make no law...

No law is pretty clear.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        First amendment - Congress shall make no law...

No law is pretty clear.
        And yet there are laws.

The reason why I asked is that I have found precedent for the freedoms of speech and press being accorded to non-citizens but only those clauses specifically. Is that precedent generalized to the rest of the amendment?
        Last edited by Denarius; 06 Jun 2016, 02:56.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Yes - in extremely limited ways, where the immediate "right to life" takes precedent of over "the right to liberty."
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

As well as obscenity and false statements.

Comment

As well as obscenity and false statements.
              Obscenity is debatable, false statements are a civil infraction.

Comment

If you go REALLY exactly right down that thin thin thin line(Not arguing law) just the perception people would assume it should be,if you have not paid your DUES(Taxes) you don't get to eat the members cake,or use the members bathroom,or breath the MEMBERS AIR..

I think that "Some" people would argue that point till forever,even if it has NO point in actual law or even in Logic.(or even in HUMANITY or human nature)

- - - Updated - - -

Brought to you by:
                Last edited by anunitu; 06 Jun 2016, 03:37.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Honestly I think Trump really wants to lose.
                  His staff keep trying to keep the train wreck that is his campaign from flying off the rails,and he tosses even more coal to speed things up more.

Story here.

His people keep trying to tamp down his "Stupid",but he will do as he wants to no matter what.

I am thinking he may start shedding election staffers like a long hair cat.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I really wonder at Trumps strange behavior,his people are trying to tell him,"Chill your jets" on the Judge sitting on his Trump university case.

But it looks like he is completely caught up in the idea he must slash and burn the Judge.

Story here.

Headline is.

Today's Trump Apocalypse Watch: Why This Judge Thing Is Even More Insane Than You Think

One attack was that said judge belonged to a Latino group of judges,and If I remember in the way way back,that was the only group they could get into.
                    Trump is trying to imply that being in a Latino only group is Raciest,I think the group would allow a non Latino if any applied..The argument seems to just be going down a really stupid path,and that they are digging a deeper and deeper ditch for them to get buried in.

- - - Updated - - -

Cartoon anyone?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

^^^ I love that. Stealing.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Well, Latinos can't judge him, he's pissed them all off. Women can't judge him, he's pissed them all off. Muslims can't judge him, he's pissed them all off. Black folk can't judge him, he's pissed them all off.

I don't even know where I am going with this. It's all too idiotic to wrap my pita bread around.

Comment

I myself just think Trump thinks the style of insult he used in the primaries,will also fly when attempting to get his butt out of paying a huge fine for fraud..The judge hates me because I want to build a wall,and all of you think laughing at me is funny...I hate you all!!!!!!!!!! as Bill Maher calls him,"Whinny little bitch",and he had his audience chanting that really loud.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Clinton is the presumptive Democratic nominee. She gave a great speech in Brooklyn tonight (land of my birth!) and I was more emotionally involved than I'd expected to be.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Can not forget about Hillary..no no no..

Story here.

Headline is:
                              Hillary Clinton gave a speech on economic inequality in April while wearing pricey duds that caught the attention of eagle-eyed fashionistas — particularly a Giorgio Armani jacket valued at $12,495.

Not your regular "Grubbys" like us low income types wear.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                Can not forget about Hillary..no no no..

Story here.

Headline is:
                                Hillary Clinton gave a speech on economic inequality in April while wearing pricey duds that caught the attention of eagle-eyed fashionistas — particularly a Giorgio Armani jacket valued at $12,495.

Not your regular "Grubbys" like us low income types wear.
                                She is an absolute fraud. Her only interest is the status quo. The liberal media is reporting how this is some momentous moment for women and completely ignoring how she is a complete hypocrite and disaster. But, that's really the problem with liberals-they are not actual allies of the Left. They are weak and will roll over for the candidate in the $12,000 suit and a promise to keep the status quo. Its time for the Left to dump Liberalism and the Democrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X