X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ONLY AUTHORIZED ELECTION NEWS THREAD--no debating allowed

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Still trying to pick? LOL
    I am responding because the implication that my issues with HRC are sexist which pisses me off. If I'm off base then we will end it there.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    She IS rich, just like a lot of people who speak on various subjects. Hypocrisy is a woman in high-paying public office telling other women to stay home and make sammiches.
    She's not the candidate going around literally saying "I'm very rich", or talking about American jobs while their own clothing line is made in other countries.
    Oh, really? We have very different standards of what hypocrisy is.

We have a person, who, says she backs minorites. But, at the same time she also backed the mass incarceration of minorities. A person, who, who says she backs the people. Yet, she is funded by corporations who have a vested interest in suppressing the people. She is Obama 2.0. Promising change and a better life but all we are getting is the status quo.

Comment

The issue here as I see it is not even the jacket,or even $1000 shoes,what is an issue would be a VERY rich person telling a low income person how they feel their pain. If you have never struggled to even put food on your table to feed your kids,you know nothing of the pain. If you have never faced eviction because you fell behind in your rent because you got sick,and had to go bankrupt to cover the cost of medical treatment,then you do NOT know the pain. You may "Think" you know that pain,but you do NOT.

I think of people talking about homeless people,and thinking they understand how that happened to them,that and implying how easy it is to get back in the system and not be homeless again. Or the not understanding how people fall pry to mental illness,and saying they went there because they were WEAK.
      If Hillary wants to speak to the masses,she needs a person to advise her who has BEEN down in the poor side of town.

Sorry for the rant,but I have been down in the wrong side of the tracks,I was born there.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember a quote from a Radical,might have been a radical from another country,the quote was,"true freedom and equality,grow from the barrel of a gun",now I do not believe we need to go to that radical place to find the path to equality,but one thing is true,and that is if equality and true freedom do not start to grow from good intentions,then in time the growth will eventually begin from that Barrel.

- - - Updated - - -

The quote comes from none other than Mao Tse Tung

Every Communist must grasp the truth; "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

Site here.

Now remember that little RED book that the RED guard always carried with then with the quotations of Mao,and how crazy it got in China during the cultural revolution.

Another of Mao's quotes.

We are advocates of the abolition of war, we do not want war; but war can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun.

Anyone who is so at a loss for intellect that follows the meandering speech of Donald Trump,in my mind would end up doing like Mao's followers and take us into our own cultural revolution,and we know how badly it went in China.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I see and appreciate your point very well, anunitu. Back when Pres. Obama secured the nomination, I saw African Americans rejoicing, and my brain understood. Last night, when Clinton began her speech, my HEART understood as well. But - You can understand something from a logical POV without having experienced it, and even only thusly armed, work to change it. Doctors do that, for example. The question is, will it be done?
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Hillary is also wildly inconsistent, flip-flopping on seriously important issues.

“I am adamantly against illegal immigrants... Clearly, we have to make some tough decisions as a country, and one of them ought to be coming up with a much better entry-and-exit system so that if we’re going to let people in for the work that otherwise would not be done, let’s have a system that keeps track of them.” - Hillary Clinton, 2005.

“I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in, and I do think that you have to control your borders.” - Hillary Clinton, 2015.

Last edited by Denarius; 08 Jun 2016, 11:03.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

This is why I hope that Hillary takes Bernie as her VP,so that she is reminded just why her becoming POTUS is NOT about her,or being the first woman POTUS,those are important,BUT being in that office one has an obligation to cure the divide that will rend our country and to bring what the founding fathers saw as our future,a growing greatness that lifts people up,and does not roll over their bodies with the Juggernaut of Government running out of control with no regard for the true meaning of the words "Freedom and justice for ALL"

- - - Updated - - -

Also,if you really want to understand the reality of it all,go with Jimmy Carter when he helps build housing with his working class hands.
            Tell Hillary that,and see if she really has the true grit to be who she says she wants to be.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I think that's more of a religious calling for Carter. I'm all for a Clinton/Sanders ticket - I don't like Ryan being 3rd in line in any case.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                Hillary is also wildly inconsistent, flip-flopping on seriously important issues.

“I am adamantly against illegal immigrants... Clearly, we have to make some tough decisions as a country, and one of them ought to be coming up with a much better entry-and-exit system so that if we’re going to let people in for the work that otherwise would not be done, let’s have a system that keeps track of them.” - Hillary Clinton, 2005.

“I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in, and I do think that you have to control your borders.” - Hillary Clinton, 2015.

This all true and the liberal media absolutely does not take her to task like they would a Conservative.

It is absolutely indisputable that HRC's record has been far more disastorous for the rights of minorities, women, and the American people than anything Trump has ever done even in his wet dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                  , and the American people than anything Trump has ever done even in his wet dreams.
                  Just give him a chance. He'll be rotten too.
                  *pats back.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I dunno...

Yes, Over a 30 year period H. Clinton has changed positions. I'd be far more concerned if, over a 30 year period, she hadn't changed as the times have changed.

Unchanging consistency in the face of changing times is not at all the virtue people would like to imagine it is.

It is more like a horrendous flaw - the flaw of imagining one is perfect and has no need to reevaluate one's beliefs.

I change, you change, change is.
                    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 09 Jun 2016, 01:42.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that one year ago was not quite so different than now that Hillary can unhypocritically criticize Trump for saying the exact same things she did.

Maybe there is some merit to judging politicians by what they promise during an election year and not by their actions when they held positions of power. It's not like politicians are known for being dishonest or anything.
                      Last edited by Denarius; 09 Jun 2016, 03:37.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that one year ago was not quite so different than now that Hillary can unhypocritically criticize Trump for saying the exact same things she did.
                        Meh. Maybe. It's not my problem with Trump, though, so I can't answer to that.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Just give him a chance. He'll be rotten too.
                          *pats back.
                          It's not a defense of Trump. It's a lamentation of how fucked our choices are.

Comment

Something is cooking with Bernie,he is in DC doing talks,and you know he is using all his negotiating skills to insure his aims do not just die in the DNC,but that the agenda is going to be expected by the PEOPLE!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also if Hillary gets bumped because of the email thing,if Bernie is VP,he could just be moving on up!! Gonna be an interesting election year for sure.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It would be if they were saying the exact same thing, but they aren't actually saying the exact same thing.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

While Hillary might have said things,and if asked would not deny them,trump would as usual deny he ever said it even when shown a video where he has said whatever...oh,you have taken it out of context..or that was my evil twin...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X