X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ONLY AUTHORIZED ELECTION NEWS THREAD--no debating allowed

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Quietly waiting for Anunitu's name to turn a different color...
    It's been a relatively good day. I have other plans than finding a shade of pink that is both legible in all themes and impossible to confuse for admin red. Tomorrow maybe.

Anu, yelling at members is a staff role. In very limited conditions and on very rare occasions, we allow it to slide when non-staff infringe on this role. You are not currently within those conditions. If you make a habit of forgetting that you are not staff then eventually an admin will take steps to improve your memory.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I just do not want to see this thread chopped again,I happen to like it.
      If I am wrong,then so be it. Sorry if I offended anyone,not meant to I assure you.
      Last edited by anunitu; 25 May 2016, 10:58.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        I just do not want to see this thread chopped again,I happen to like it.
        If I am wrong,then so be it. Sorry if I offended anyone,not meant to I assure you.
        There's no real crime in pointing out that staff are watching (we are) or in asking people not to conduct debates that will incur wrath of mod/admin. Just don't give explicit orders and generally avoid publicly predicting what we're going to do (there's a bit more leeway here depending on how accurate your predictions are and how you phrase them). Giving out marching orders is an open invitation to a fight that will eventually summon me and public predictions leave you looking silly if a responding mod disagrees with you.

NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE:

Thal does have pretty stringent requirements for this thread's survival. Caution is always warranted. I'm not currently planning thread death here but if another staff member disagrees then I'm not planning to argue the point all that much.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I am sorry Mask,truly I am. I know the reason it came to your attention so swiftly...That is in itself another matter concerning friendship. You did your job,and would have done it without any extra input.
          My personal feelings are not a subject I wish to go into. Last line of my Sig explains everything.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Would love to see this:

Hopefully, Trump won't control the money so we'll see if it actually goes where it is said to go.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I hear he has enough delegates now to definitely be the nominee? Angels and ministers of grace defend us.....
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

This I really do not understand.

Hillary Clinton Wasn’t Adept at Using a Desktop for Email, Inquiry Is Told

How is it harder to use a desktop to read email,than a Blackberry?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

In class we are reading and analyzing Op-Ed articles. I try to find things which students have some interest in, and so I was working with two Op-Ed articles about Donald Trump -one for him, the other against him. I express no opinions - just look at how the writing works.

In analyzing one of them, I had to ask "Why do those who dislike Trump dislike him?"

The response I got from one student was pretty illuminating. He said "They don't like him because he is patriotic."

For those of you who don't like Trump - such as (full disclosure) myself - you are certainly aware that this has nothing to do with the reasons why Trump is reviled - in fact, it would be more correct to say that those who don't like Trump revile him because Trump is anti-American values.

But it is true that Trump has led many to believe that HE is the patriot, and it's "those others" who are anti-American values.

Here's a very good article explaining the solid reasoning behind the reasons why many people hate the man:

Fight Between Faith and Reason: Trump and the Consequences of Ignorance

From the article:

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am truly amazed at times how the general public can be spin doctored to the max...At the moment Trump said he would debate Sanders if the stations would give a certain amount to a women health charity,and I imagine he believes this would erase all the negative words and actions that came before concerning women.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      I am truly amazed at times how the general public can be spin doctored to the max...At the moment Trump said he would debate Sanders if the stations would give a certain amount to a women health charity,and I imagine he believes this would erase all the negative words and actions that came before concerning women.
                      Tell people what they want to hear and they are sure to believe it, even if it is completely insane.

Comment

I would have used the term Nationalist, myself, but that's a dirty word to some.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Nationalist,would that be like isolationist or even in the vain of War monger kinda country...interesting term,and yes it might fit. Must ponder this.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Isolationism is one of the extremes of the position, yes. Nationalism is the idea that the interests of the nation and its citizens take precedence over the concerns of foreign nations and their citizens. America first.

It also gets into national identity, which is usually defined either ethnically or culturally. In Trump's, and most American Nationalists', case that would be culturally.

Because some people, such as myself, believe that multiculturalism and globalism are new phenomena and do not represent traditional American values. That America is a melting pot, not a salad bowl.
                            Last edited by Denarius; 27 May 2016, 11:22.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I myself would not want to wade in on the subject,because I believe it would just end up being he said/he said...with no resolution,just arguments.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I was just answering your question, dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X